Author Topic: What are you gonna do tomorrow  (Read 61063 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What are you gonna do tomorrow
« Reply #1590 on: May 20, 2015, 04:10:26 AM »
:flyingbat:

Does this post mean that your residency will change??

Unless you are "moving down"  or some shit, then ROKK ONN!!

I always hated to move, but I was always glad it was over and always "moved up,"  generally.

(understand that I am a man and I sometimes moved to improve the fishing or the hunting or shorten the walk to the city bus pick up)

Hope it all goes well for you.

:viking:

We had an $86,000 fire in November.  We paid $57,000 for the house and lot in 1990. Gutted to the studs. We're back in, busy unboxing stuff that was salvaged and in storage, buying stuff that we didn't need in the interim at the furnished apartment, moving stuff that we bought such as clothes, etc.

Hope your stuff gets placed in the place you want it soon, so that you will not have interim layout after interim layout of your house.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1591 on: May 20, 2015, 07:55:16 PM »
House guests should arrive tomorrow.

:hide:

... but THE RACE IS ON!!

It has been a few years since I attended The Indianapolis 500.

I am crunk!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #1592 on: May 20, 2015, 08:08:57 PM »

... but THE RACE IS ON!!

I am crunk!!

OMG now I want to go too!! :GA:
:gopher:

Hannah

« Reply #1593 on: May 21, 2015, 03:27:51 PM »
Talk Therapy appointment, and Saturday get my car inspected while everyone is at home so I can be dropped off at home

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1594 on: May 21, 2015, 04:22:55 PM »

I always hated to move, but I was always glad it was over and always "moved up,"  generally.

(understand that I am a man and I sometimes moved to improve the fishing or the hunting or shorten the walk to the city bus pick up)

We had an $86,000 fire in November.  We paid $57,000 for the house and lot in 1990. Gutted to the studs. We're back in, busy unboxing stuff that was salvaged and in storage, buying stuff that we didn't need in the interim at the furnished apartment, moving stuff that we bought such as clothes, etc.

Hope your stuff gets placed in the place you want it soon, so that you will not have interim layout after interim layout of your house.

I'm sure the kitchen will be rearranged a few times.  The rest of the house is pretty straight forward.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1595 on: May 22, 2015, 12:22:23 PM »
No idea. There probably will be more than one BD invitation. MIL is in an academic hospital and not doing well. My head spins around without all that already.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1596 on: May 22, 2015, 12:23:34 PM »
Oh, will have to do some extra grocery shopping. Pentecost means that come Monday all shops will be closed.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1597 on: May 22, 2015, 12:24:50 PM »
I think I might take a long walk.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #1598 on: May 22, 2015, 08:50:48 PM »
Hopefully sleep.  :-\
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1599 on: May 25, 2015, 07:53:42 PM »

I'm sure the kitchen will be rearranged a few times.  The rest of the house is pretty straight forward.

Hope it goes well.

I watched down the street as a family rebuilt a half-burned house, last year.
We all (in the neighborhood) pitched in at various times. I really only offered a few tools and did some drywall and painting. I have a lot of tools and some skills with drywalll over the years. Others did the finish work with cabinetry and renewed plumbing and wiring.

There were dozens of people from all over the neighborhood lending a hand to this family last summer.  (Remember, I was gone a lot? It was not only from my own "troubles.")

It was good to be of help.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1600 on: May 25, 2015, 07:55:07 PM »

... but THE RACE IS ON!!

I am crunk!!

Ya shudda been there!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #1601 on: May 25, 2015, 08:16:48 PM »
Take my daughter's car to the body shop for assessment.....for the second time in 6 months!   :P
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1602 on: May 25, 2015, 08:43:47 PM »

... but THE RACE IS ON!!

I am crunk!!

Should have been there!!

Following post moved from where it made no sense to here, where it makes a little more sense:

It's a good thing, a sheltered existence, you know.

So, you would never have gone with me yesterday. (Sorry, I am still pumped up!!  It was fucking AWESOME!!) You would not have gone with me into a crowd of over two hundred and some fifty or more thousands to watch the "Greatest Spectacle In Racing?"

Two hundred twenty six miles per hour, average speed around the track to take the pole position. That is approximately 365Kph for just over 4km around the track average speed, readying for a race that is about 800Km, according to google  -  that is over one hundred meters per second in a four wheeled, self contained vehicle, pal, for several hours all at once. I know you get the math, but FUCK!!  It IS amazing to experience this first hand! Does this not intrigue people anymore?

How about watching in real time while the "yet to be winner" takes the lead for the last time at well over that speed down the straightaway at only BARELY a hand width apart from each others tires, winning or sheer disaster the outcome from four mens' abilities to keep their nerve or lose it and crack them all up? They were SO fucking CLOSE together!!

I am honestly feeling that I am getting way to old to ever miss another thrill like this, ever again.
I have missed many Indy 500s over the years, but I am re-thinking my priorities today.
(Hell, I have lived here since the early nineties and only just experienced my ninth Indy 500)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1603 on: May 25, 2015, 08:54:24 PM »
back to topic...

I may take a moment to laugh at this:

Chuck Norris was born on May 6th, 1945.
Nazi Germany surrender to the United States on May 7th, 1945. 

Coincidence? I think not.

:lol1:

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #1604 on: May 26, 2015, 10:20:44 AM »
Summer semester begins  :thumbdn: