Educational

Author Topic: Should male cirumcision be outlawed?  (Read 2809 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: Should male cirumcision be outlawed?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »
^ Me too.. and it probably varies per kiddo, yes. I was late, um, concerning hard-ons, I think. Maybe not even before 12/13. Not sure though.. could've been 'there' in my (or whatever boy's) sleep (much) earlier.

Jeeh, who brought up this topic?

(Ooh, right. :P)
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 10:48:43 AM »
except in cases where it's medically necessary, or a choice they make themselves when older?

Yes

midlifeaspie

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 10:53:17 AM »
Well from a medical point of view.. it is hygenically better and apparently cuts down on the risk of causing infection?

So idk , if does do some good so I can appreciate it.

Plus , it saves aggro from religions , it doesn't harm anyone (and actually does some good) so why outlaw it?

From a medical point of view it is hygienically better to pull all your teeth.  This doesn't make it a good idea.  Circumcision was introduced to western civilization during the Victorian era as a way to reduce the male sexual response and thus reduce masturbation.  I would not pierce my daughter's ears without her permission and I certainly would not chop off the end of my son's dick, and 70% of his nerve endings, without his prior authorization.

I certainly would not do it to appease an imaginary god, or the some other nutjob's imaginary god.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 10:55:34 AM »
For one thing, IMO, it's just another step on the way to becoming a nanny state where all decisions are made by the government for its citizens.  For another, male circumcision is a prominent part of at least two major religions and I think it would be wrong to stop them from following their religion by snipping off the foreskin of their male infants.

Are you against the current ban on female circumcision?  It is the custom in many Arab and African nations, including Egypt, to put a girl in a pretty white dress on her 8th birthday then hold her down and cut off her clitoris.  This is currently illegal in the US, do you believe this is wrong as it is violating their religious and/or social customs?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 12:21:51 PM »
That's a very good point

I believe the right of a child to not have his or her genitals mutilated is far more important than the right of their parents to force their religion on them

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 12:33:25 PM »
Well from a medical point of view.. it is hygenically better and apparently cuts down on the risk of causing infection?

So idk , if does do some good so I can appreciate it.

Plus , it saves aggro from religions , it doesn't harm anyone (and actually does some good) so why outlaw it?

From a medical point of view it is hygienically better to pull all your teeth.  This doesn't make it a good idea.  Circumcision was introduced to western civilization during the Victorian era as a way to reduce the male sexual response and thus reduce masturbation.  I would not pierce my daughter's ears without her permission and I certainly would not chop off the end of my son's dick, and 70% of his nerve endings, without his prior authorization.

I certainly would not do it to appease an imaginary god, or the some other nutjob's imaginary god.

I didn't realise it made that much of a significant impact actually.

In that case , I change my answer and say it should be done with consent.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 03:27:06 PM »
For one thing, IMO, it's just another step on the way to becoming a nanny state where all decisions are made by the government for its citizens.  For another, male circumcision is a prominent part of at least two major religions and I think it would be wrong to stop them from following their religion by snipping off the foreskin of their male infants.

Are you against the current ban on female circumcision?  It is the custom in many Arab and African nations, including Egypt, to put a girl in a pretty white dress on her 8th birthday then hold her down and cut off her clitoris.  This is currently illegal in the US, do you believe this is wrong as it is violating their religious and/or social customs?

No, I personally think Female Genital Mutilation is barbaric and I support banning it in the US.

In male circumcision, they don't cut off the whole glans, they just snip off the foreskin.

eris

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 03:41:16 PM »
I've been up close and personal with a lot of willies. Almost a hundred. And I only saw one uncircumcised one. ( I mean irl )

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 03:55:06 PM »

No, I personally think Female Genital Mutilation is barbaric and I support banning it in the US.

In male circumcision, they don't cut off the whole glans, they just snip off the foreskin.

There are different types of female genital mutilation.  In some types, they only remove the inner labia and/or the clitoral hood, ceremonially nick the clitoris, remove the hymen or lacerate the vaginal walls, which seems perfectly comparable to male circumcision to me.  Would you support these forms of FGM?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 03:57:34 PM »

The only reason you feel this way is because your culture tells you that , while female circumcision is wrong, male circumcision = perfectly ok.

How can you say they "just snip off the foreskin"?

Stop trivialising what is nothing less than genital mutilation of a child

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 05:34:23 PM »

There are different types of female genital mutilation.  In some types, they only remove the inner labia and/or the clitoral hood, ceremonially nick the clitoris, remove the hymen or lacerate the vaginal walls, which seems perfectly comparable to male circumcision to me.  Would you support these forms of FGM?

That doesn't sound the same at all to me.

If it were truly analogous in that only the clitoral hood was removed, then I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it, especially if it were performed in hospitals under sterile conditions.  That's what I thought was meant by female circumcision at first until I found out more.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 05:41:33 PM »
urgh. fucking disgusting

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 08:01:23 PM »
I'm actually appalled at that

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 08:35:32 PM »
GBH on a child.  No way.  Its macabre.  Its evil.  It should be a prosecutable offence,  let alone outlawed.

Urchins dad had to have his done -  i think it was too tight.  It really needed to be done.  It was all swollen and you could hang things off it :hahaha:

Apart from a medical reason,  it shouldn't be done unless consent was given,  so i would say at least 18 years old.

blah blah blah