Author Topic: Christian advice for a suicidal Christian  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Christian advice for a suicidal Christian
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 06:04:20 PM »
I think that the big problem with the Christian doctrines is that it appears to me (pretty much a layman in such things) that Christian morality is a mixmatch of often contrary belief systems.
It holds on to old beliefs of the smiting war God of old and the forgiving and accepting Jesus Christ.
When it serves the belief system to gain strength from harsh hardline values of the old inflexible God of old then people will look to espouse those values and when it requires a gentle, accepting, loving behaviour they will turn to the values of JC.
I understand the need for both but I see them as unworkable in the general faith.
One or the other? Sure, maybe.

Jesus wasn't always gentle and loving, though. So even if we put aside the OT, we'll still have contradictions in values in the Gospel accounts themselves.

That quote about ditching all your loved ones, including your own kids, if you want to be a true follower of Jesus is just one example. But this is often ignored in modern Christian circles.

Oh hell Book of Leviticus is full of laws that for trhe most part are ignored by Christians as being of no consequence but watch them hold onto the homosexuality thing because it is mentioned in there. Se4riously, nothing else in the book they worry about except the homosexuality thing.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »
Pick n Mix religion, that's what it is

The OT is absolutely fulll of shit anyway. filthy book (you'd think that would be my kinda book, I know)

so much sex and violence, and they give this shit to kids?

the god of the OT is a sadistic tyrant and I'd rather get fucked up the arse than bow down to him

(although naturally I would have to bow down regardless, in that case)

FUCK YOUR SICK-IN-THE-HEAD GOD

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 04:37:36 AM »
I think that the big problem with the Christian doctrines is that it appears to me (pretty much a layman in such things) that Christian morality is a mixmatch of often contrary belief systems.
It holds on to old beliefs of the smiting war God of old and the forgiving and accepting Jesus Christ.
When it serves the belief system to gain strength from harsh hardline values of the old inflexible God of old then people will look to espouse those values and when it requires a gentle, accepting, loving behaviour they will turn to the values of JC.
I understand the need for both but I see them as unworkable in the general faith.

Jesus wasn't always gentle and loving, though. So even if we put aside the OT, we'll still have contradictions in values in the Gospel accounts themselves.

That quote about ditching all your loved ones, including your own kids, if you want to be a true follower of Jesus is just one example. But this is often ignored in modern Christian circles.

Oh hell Book of Leviticus is full of laws that for trhe most part are ignored by Christians as being of no consequence but watch them hold onto the homosexuality thing because it is mentioned in there. Se4riously, nothing else in the book they worry about except the homosexuality thing.

You can blame this on Paul himself. Jesus actually expected his followers to continue obeying most of the OT laws.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 06:58:42 AM »

Well yeah, but gays are icky, so obviously that's the only part of leviticus that's still correct, right?   ::)
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 07:05:28 AM »
That is correct.

For example, incest, once condemned in the past OT days, is now a matter of praise for the Christians. I mean, just look at all the brothers and sisters in Christ.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 07:25:53 AM »

Well yeah, but gays are icky, so obviously that's the only part of leviticus that's still correct, right?   ::)

Yup.
Why does god create gays that will burn in hell for being born anyhow?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »
Some Christians can argue that so long as the gay puts his faith in Jesus as Savior and desists from committing homosexual activities (as a result of this faith), he shall be saved.

But then again, why have them gay in the first place?

And what's the point of psychopaths/sociopaths and transgenders and so on if their traits are bad in God's eyes? And so on and so forth ...

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 08:21:40 AM »
Some Christians can argue that so long as the gay puts his faith in Jesus as Savior and desists from committing homosexual activities (as a result of this faith), he shall be saved.

But then again, why have them gay in the first place?

And what's the point of psychopaths/sociopaths and transgenders and so on if their traits are bad in God's eyes? And so on and so forth ...

I thought that any condemned sexual thought was enough?

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »

Yup.
Why does god create gays that will burn in hell for being born anyhow?

Because Satan wants a crowd he's really going to have fun with.  :thumbup:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 10:32:15 AM »
He is some make sure you don't die really quick and and ask for forgiveness before you do :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw