Author Topic: This is what you call a bullshit site.  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: This is what you call a bullshit site.
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2011, 07:13:27 PM »
Incidentally, Jesus was a hell of a Borderline. :P

Jesus was a fucked up character, that's for sure.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2011, 07:55:13 PM »
He should have been a Jehovah's Witness.

I think people were kissing the asses of gods long before Moses came along, but he might have been the first documented to say there was only one true god. Incidentally, Jesus was a hell of a Borderline.  :P

Evidently Zoroaster thought of one god first.  From the BBC, "Zoroaster believed in one creator God, teaching that only one God was worthy of worship. Furthermore, some of the deities of the old religion, the Daevas (Devas in Sanskrit), appeared to delight in war and strife. Zoroaster said that these were evil spirits and were workers of Angra Mainyu, God's adversary."  Interestingly enough I have met a Zoroastrian.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2011, 08:13:05 PM »
Yeah we are pretty much fucked if we don't constantly reassure the almighty how grateful we are for the largesse.

Young man, young lady (Pyraxis), you will watch your mouths while in church!  :christ:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2011, 08:13:40 PM »
Fuck you and your church. :autism:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »
Young man, young lady (Pyraxis), you will watch your mouths while in church!  :christ:

Wait, wait, Intensity is a church??
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2011, 08:54:59 PM »

As of now, it is the property of the Vatican, and shall remain so!  :pope:

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2011, 11:47:56 PM »

:christ: :litigious:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2011, 05:44:00 AM »

:christ: :litigious:

Note that the cross protects the priest from your feeble hail of bullets!  :M

People forget.

Scrapheap

« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2011, 02:01:08 PM »
I think people were kissing the asses of gods long before Moses came along, but he might have been the first documented to say there was only one true god.

Zoroaster might've beaten him to the punch.

Incidentally, Jesus was a hell of a Borderline.  :P

How so??

Scrapheap

« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2011, 02:04:55 PM »
So does this mean all of humanity has Stockholm Syndrome for being alive?

about 3/4 of people, yes.  :-\

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2011, 05:15:12 PM »

How so??

Jesus inspires people to get into a borderline dynamic with him. A few of the borderline characteristics: black and white thinking (love me or burn in hell!), suicidal behavior (what's more suicidal than willing crucifixion?), low self-worth (the meek shall inherit the earth), fear of abandonment (hell is eternal separation from god) and impulsive behavior (give up everything and follow me!).

He wouldn't even let one dude say goodbye to his family or another dude to bury his dead father:
Quote from: Luke 9: 57-62
As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.” Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.” He said to another man, “Follow me.” But he replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.” Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.” Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”

He preaches that people should behave like borderlines in order to be loved by God.
Quote from: Matthew 19:21-24
Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Quote from: DSM-IV
Individuals with Borderline Personality Disorder may have a pattern of undermining themselves at the moment a goal is about to be realized (e.g., dropping out of school just before graduation; regressing severely after a discussion of how well therapy is going; destroying a good relationship just when it is clear that the relationship could last).

He asked people to act against their deepest instincts:
Quote from: Luke 9:23-24
Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."
There may be an identity disturbance characterized by markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self (Criterion 3). There are sudden and dramatic shifts in self-image, characterized by shifting goals, values, and vocational aspirations. There may be sudden changes in opinions and plans about career, sexual identity, values, and types of friends. (...) Although they usually have a self-image that is based on being bad or evil, individuals with this disorder may at times have feelings that they do not exist at all.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Scrapheap

« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2011, 08:09:32 PM »

How so??

Jesus inspires people to get into a borderline dynamic with him. A few of the borderline characteristics: black and white thinking (love me or burn in hell!), suicidal behavior (what's more suicidal than willing crucifixion?), low self-worth (the meek shall inherit the earth), fear of abandonment (hell is eternal separation from god) and impulsive behavior (give up everything and follow me!).

He wouldn't even let one dude say goodbye to his family or another dude to bury his dead father:
Quote from: Luke 9: 57-62
As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.” Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.” He said to another man, “Follow me.” But he replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.” Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.” Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”

He preaches that people should behave like borderlines in order to be loved by God.
Quote from: Matthew 19:21-24
Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Individuals with Borderline Personality Disorder may have a pattern of undermining themselves at the moment a goal is about to be realized (e.g., dropping out of school just before graduation; regressing severely after a discussion of how well therapy is going; destroying a good relationship just when it is clear that the relationship could last).

He asked people to act against their deepest instincts:
Quote from: Luke 9:23-24
Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."
There may be an identity disturbance characterized by markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self (Criterion 3). There are sudden and dramatic shifts in self-image, characterized by shifting goals, values, and vocational aspirations. There may be sudden changes in opinions and plans about career, sexual identity, values, and types of friends. (...) Although they usually have a self-image that is based on being bad or evil, individuals with this disorder may at times have feelings that they do not exist at all.

Wow!! I never put 2 and 2 together like that, but you're right!

My mom was a fundie and she was definitely a Borderline herself.

I thought she was just a basket case who was projecting, but I guess there was biblical basis for her fucktardedness.

Oh, and I'd plus you for that post, but you're at a perfect 555.  8)

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2011, 08:53:18 PM »
 :)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2011, 08:54:13 PM »
Not any more. :plus:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2011, 04:27:42 AM »
A lot of fundies seem to suffer from various narcissistic personality disorders. I know this first-hand.

You know the soccer moms, they're usually psycho bitches suffering from major personality disorders who want their kids to only read the books they want their kids to read, to watch the movies they want their kids to watch, and force them to follow whatever they believe at all costs.

And I'm excluding the adult-oriented books and movies of course. These kids aren't allowed to play Pokemon or watch Narnia or Harry Potter for God's sake.