Author Topic: This is what you call a bullshit site.  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
This is what you call a bullshit site.
« on: December 14, 2011, 07:19:05 PM »
http://www.narcissismcured.com/Are_We_Claiming_a_Cure.html

lol, sounds like either the wife herself is a narcissist and she's fucking with her husband's mind or her husband is fucking with her mind or both of them are fucking with each other's minds. But I don't believe for a second NPD can be cured. At least not by such our normal methods.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: This is what you call a bullshit site.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »
Does make me wonder if the attention they are getting through that site feeds the narcissism, heh. I noticed the URL but then this: "Are We Claiming a Cure for Narcissism? - No this site simply shares what we have learned on our personal journey of recovery."

How did you find the site?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 09:45:37 PM »
Does make me wonder if the attention they are getting through that site feeds the narcissism, heh. I noticed the URL but then this: "Are We Claiming a Cure for Narcissism? - No this site simply shares what we have learned on our personal journey of recovery."

They contradict themselves so many times one questions whether the site is for real or not.

I saw a couple of their videos while doing some research on NPD. They seem a cute couple on video, but they are not spot on at all.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 01:51:00 AM »
I always get a massive urge to deflate some overly narcissistic prick's ego if they go off on one. Really satisfies me when they get all pissy. Chair and that Swedish prick who was convinced he was the reincarnation of Hitler came into mind.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 04:15:58 AM »
I know very little about Chair but the other one is Soleiyu?

On that site they specified that someone who has NPD appears to have two ways of showing themselves, i.e., they are two-faced.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 04:38:34 AM »

On that site they specified that someone who has NPD appears to have two ways of showing themselves, i.e., they are two-faced.

That one I agree with.

Schleed's point is valid online but if you want a peace of mind and a good night's sleep, it's much wiser not to cross a narcissist who can interact with you in real life. You can do it if you want but be prepared to have, at best, your time wasted over very superficial things and, at worst, have your life destroyed.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 04:45:24 AM »
I have known a narcissist before; she was with my dad for years and completely messed up our family. She was why I didn't see my dad for a long time. I tried to tell my dad that it was because of her that it happened but he didn't seem to get it. :dunno:
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 05:57:16 AM »
NPD is scary as shit.  It's the closest the DSM has to sociopathy/psychopathy as a diagnosis (if you actually look at the criteria, ASPD is actually not as close to sociopathy as NPD is).

Pretty sure I've known plenty of narcissists in my day.  The way kids in my generation were raised prolly created even more, IMO.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 07:24:03 AM »
The way kids in my generation were raised prolly created even more, IMO.

You think? All the self-esteem rhetoric, or something else?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 10:01:39 AM »

That one I agree with.

Schleed's point is valid online but if you want a peace of mind and a good night's sleep, it's much wiser not to cross a narcissist who can interact with you in real life. You can do it if you want but be prepared to have, at best, your time wasted over very superficial things and, at worst, have your life destroyed.

I have managed with such people IRL and still managed fine. The problem is that I'm too arrogant and adamant to bow down to them, if they act like pricks then I will most likely point it out. Any attempts to "destroy" my life so far has been a headbutt. :zoinks:

In a work environment I can see why it can be a problem, but if they try to mess with me I will retaliate in terms of pranking, humiliating etc. You're looking at an ex school bully, after all. :thumbup:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:03:27 AM by Schleed »

Scrapheap

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 11:17:16 AM »

That one I agree with.

:indeed:

I've known several narcissists and they are just best avoided. They are always probing your mental defences looking for weakness. It's like they're constantly at war with the entire world and they always have to "win".

Narcissists can't be cured, and there's no legal hunting season on them either. :tantrum:

Scrapheap

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 11:21:06 AM »
.... You're looking at an ex school bully, after all. :thumbup:

NPD's are usually the school bullies.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 03:19:32 PM »
.... You're looking at an ex school bully, after all. :thumbup:

NPD's are usually the school bullies.

There was one year back in primary school when I was a bully. I used to bully someone back then because he was from a very poor family. I was around 10 or so.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 03:22:16 PM »

That one I agree with.

:indeed:

I've known several narcissists and they are just best avoided. They are always probing your mental defences looking for weakness. It's like they're constantly at war with the entire world and they always have to "win".

Narcissists can't be cured, and there's no legal hunting season on them either. :tantrum:

Agreed completely. My father keeps trying to put us family in some trap every now and then to get us to re-communicate with him. Thank God they finally listened to what I had to say about him and his NPD. It's a bit easier dealing with him now when the family eventually chooses to be educated instead of being ignorant.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »
That page is just a money making scam. They will probably send you some self-help book for your money.

I doubt if much of it's valid. Apart from the fact that he looks like a smug bastard in the picture, I have no reason to even believe Steve is, or was, NPD.