Educational

Author Topic: Spasticity 2.0  (Read 10458 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
Re: Spasticity 2.0
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 07:21:10 PM »
That is cool.  The thing that really confuses me,  and i am new to internet drama is how real it really is.  I mean i tend to take most things online with a pinch of salt.  They are not real.  I have a plug and i can pull it out.   This particular drama was focused (at least in the beginning) on affecting people in real life.   So i have been ignoring logic (which tells me just words on a screen) and have been thinking IRL.  If i were to stumble across a man talking that way to a young girl of butterflies age,  using those words IRL i would be inclined to give him a gobful. (of abuse) even if they were both strangers to me.

That is why i was a bit narked.  I had a visual of odeon in headmaster kit, waving his cane at the blackboard and being intimidating. :zoinks:
blah blah blah

Binty

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 07:22:39 PM »
Poor misunderstood Butterflies (emo)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 07:24:30 PM »
Internet drama can become very real. It's hard to distance yourself from it sometimes, especially when RL stuff is just inevitably gonna be involved, ie when you see someone or have contact with them offline, or when they bring personal stuff into it

It's a nice thought, but when people say not to take internet drama sseriously, it doesn't always happen like that. Most of the time these days I see it for what it is, but in the past I have been involved in "internet drama" that was very real

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 08:14:13 PM »
That is cool.  The thing that really confuses me,  and i am new to internet drama is how real it really is.  I mean i tend to take most things online with a pinch of salt.  They are not real.  I have a plug and i can pull it out.   This particular drama was focused (at least in the beginning) on affecting people in real life.   So i have been ignoring logic (which tells me just words on a screen) and have been thinking IRL.  If i were to stumble across a man talking that way to a young girl of butterflies age,  using those words IRL i would be inclined to give him a gobful. (of abuse) even if they were both strangers to me.

That is why i was a bit narked.  I had a visual of odeon in headmaster kit, waving his cane at the blackboard and being intimidating. :zoinks:

I don't think it's necessarily wrong for an older adult to talk like that to a young person. I used to know a guy who was told by a cop, as a young teenage boy, that he had sociopathic tendencies. There was truth to it, but he turned out to be one of those fortunate ones who don't get their genetic proclivities triggered too badly, so he grew up to be a cutthroat entrepreneur instead of a criminal mastermind. He would occasionally brag about what the cop told him, but he didn't suffer any lasting harm from it, and the older he got, the more he learned to check himself.

But in a forum context like this, I can see how my repeating it contributed to some of the blowup.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 08:17:43 PM »

I don't think it's necessarily wrong for an older adult to talk like that to a young person. I used to know a guy who was told by a cop, as a young teenage boy, that he had sociopathic tendencies. There was truth to it, but he turned out to be one of those fortunate ones who don't get their genetic proclivities triggered too badly, so he grew up to be a cutthroat entrepreneur instead of a criminal mastermind. He would occasionally brag about what the cop told him, but he didn't suffer any lasting harm from it, and the older he got, the more he learned to check himself.

But in a forum context like this, I can see how my repeating it contributed to some of the blowup.

No. It didn't contribute to anything. I do not take it as an insult. My uncle, who is like my dad, believes I have sociopathic tendencies. I agree with him to a certain extent.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »
Ey, well, be careful with them.

What do you mean by like your dad? What's your dad like?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »
I think the older i have got the more appealing a good shag  nice cup of tea is!   Seriously,  there are so many other things to do in life other than to spend it arguing.

IRL i am really laid back and easy going.  I buy lots of tea. :thumbup:

However,  get me behind a trolley in a supermarket and i am a cunt. :green:
blah blah blah

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »
Ey, well, be careful with them.

What do you mean by like your dad? What's your dad like?

I meant that my uncle and aunt are the people who I see as my parents.
They have given me everything I have.

Although, my dad and uncle are brothers though, and both are clear undx'd aspies. Dad is probably sociopathic to some degree, considering how quickly he cut me and my sister out of his life for disobbeying his wishes.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2011, 08:31:38 PM »
Oh I see.  :-\

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2011, 08:32:35 PM »
I think the older i have got the more appealing a good shag  nice cup of tea is!   Seriously,  there are so many other things to do in life other than to spend it arguing.

IRL i am really laid back and easy going.  I buy lots of tea. :thumbup:

However,  get me behind a trolley in a supermarket and i am a cunt. :green:

I appear laid back IRL, but really I just want fun and excitement.

I'm OK with a trolley, but I'm prone to some serious road rage :green:

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2011, 08:46:28 PM »
yes road rage,  can be tootling along as nice as pie, sun shining, birds tweeting,  listening to some tuuuunes...then some cunt will pull out so you have to brake hard and then they proceed at 25mph all the way on a single carriageway. 

why didn't they just wait till you had gone past :zoinks:
blah blah blah

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2011, 08:49:04 PM »
yes road rage,  can be tootling along as nice as pie, sun shining, birds tweeting,  listening to some tuuuunes...then some cunt will pull out so you have to brake hard and then they proceed at 25mph all the way on a single carriageway. 

why didn't they just wait till you had gone past :zoinks:

Some bugger nearly ran me off the road, so I drove down the road next to him, kicking his car, and trying to punch his window in. The old bastard wouldnt even look at me :grrr:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2011, 08:51:36 PM »
I would have pretty bad roadrage if I drove I think

Or maybe I just get frustrated a lot in the car because I'm NOT the one who's driving

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2011, 09:03:24 PM »

Or maybe I just get frustrated a lot in the car because I'm NOT the one who's driving

I get so angry when I'm on my bike and someone does something that is dangerous to me. Sometimes they just pull out without even noticing me.

Sometimes I feel like buying a tractor and crushing them.

Scrapheap

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2011, 09:35:36 PM »

I get so angry when I'm on my bike and someone does something that is dangerous to me. Sometimes they just pull out without even noticing me.

Sometimes I feel like buying a tractor and crushing them.

I used to have pretty serious road rage too. My Eagle Talon bore the scars of several L.A. area freeway encounters. I traded paint with a few assholes who desperately needed it.

With age and experience though, I've mellowed out a little.  :M