Author Topic: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.  (Read 14481 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.
« Reply #300 on: November 21, 2011, 10:29:56 PM »
You're way too nice to possibly have a vendetta

I think you really like me, but are just too shy to say, so you bitch at me :eyelash:
Don't worry. I used to be the same.

You've got to be kidding me.  :zombiefuck:

Quoting this for posterity, because it's going to matter.

Aww. It's OK. Please don't feel embarrassed :hug:
I'm sure you're really nice, but I just dont think we'd be compatable.
I am sorry.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #301 on: November 21, 2011, 10:36:11 PM »
I will greatfully accept any help they offer.

You didnt criticize Odeon when he was trying to get people to lay off Steve.
So fucking what! I don't weigh in on every fucking topic here.

If Odeon has the right to behave in whatever way he wants, which I fully agree he does, then others have the right to act how they want, and if that involves criticizing Odeons behaviour, then that is fine.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2011, 10:45:52 PM »

I think you really like me, but are just too shy to say, so you bitch at me :eyelash:

I am sorry.

Exhibit one: Manipulation to provoke.

Determine your target's desired self-image. Respond to them as if they were the opposite.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

P7PSP

« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »

If Odeon has the right to behave in whatever way he wants, which I fully agree he does, then others have the right to act how they want, and if that involves criticizing Odeons behaviour, then that is fine.
Throwing red herrings into a discussion about I2 being moderated, I2 being a place of righteous correction, WWTCOD or whether or not I posted to protest odeon sticking up for TCO is not criticizing odeon's behavior. It is simply throwing bullshit into a fan  :shitfan: as a distraction.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2011, 10:51:32 PM »

I am sorry.

Exhibit one: Manipulation to provoke.

Determine your target's desired self-image. Respond to them as if they were the opposite.

Yes. You should have seen some of the excuses I made up to convince people I didn't have a crush on them :hug:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2011, 10:54:33 PM »

Throwing red herrings into a discussion about I2 being moderated, I2 being a place of righteous correction, WWTCOD or whether or not I posted to protest odeon sticking up for TCO is not criticizing odeon's behavior. It is simply throwing bullshit into a fan  :shitfan: as a distraction.

OK, but I appreciate their comments, and you are in no more of a position to tell them what they can and can't post, as I am to tell Odeon what he can and can't post.
They can, and they will post what they want. Just as you will, and just as Odeon will.

P7PSP

« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2011, 11:02:08 PM »
OK, but I appreciate their comments, and you are in no more of a position to tell them what they can and can't post, as I am to tell Odeon what he can and can't post.
They can, and they will post what they want. Just as you will, and just as Odeon will.

Well there goes the odeon has an opinion = moderation theory out the window.  :clap: I can call bullshit when I see it, whether it involves bodie claiming that odeon disagrees with you = I2 is a place of righteous correction or you responding to my post with the non sequitur that I didn't criticize odeon at a particular time.

Scrapheap

« Reply #307 on: November 22, 2011, 12:14:23 AM »
I've filled 17 pages all by myself? I never knew I had it in me.

You can make a mountian out of a mole hill when you want to.  :thumbup:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #308 on: November 22, 2011, 01:25:13 AM »
An amazing stroke of luck that Butterflies
was bad here...

...very lucky for her she was in a place of righteous correction!  and now is on the right path.

:borg:
Should odeon be censured for having the temerity to disagree with Butterflies bodie? Maybe she should be immune from having others disagree with her http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,14881.0.html she is wearing big girl panties. I don't get why you and squid appear to be of a mind that she needs protected from odeon. What's up with that?
I am just posting whatever is in my head.  If odeon wants to do a call out with Butterflies then  it is fine with me.  I don't have a history of butting in on call outs.  This was not a call out.  Odeon said it was a lesson.   It's surely up to me if i dislike the teaching methods.  I really don't.  It is no big deal.  Yes i agree Butterflies really doesn't need my input.
blah blah blah

Scrapheap

« Reply #309 on: November 22, 2011, 01:42:39 AM »
21 pages now....

... is it time for me to start spamming with airplanes?? or boobs?? or motorcycles??

or how about this?

:deadhorse:

Binty

« Reply #310 on: November 22, 2011, 01:59:29 AM »
You should because unless you think you are without fault, it's the decent thing to do. You were not without blame

Have never suggested I'm without blame. I don't think I'm without blame at all.

You are mistaking my apathy with believing I'm innocent.

If you'd been apathetic I would have seen the difference.

Because you always know better, right?

No, but her actions re this had nothing to do with apathy. It's an interesting line of defence, though. I'd love to hear the reasoning behind it.

What bothered me, was that you didn't stop to consider that maybe perhaps it was/is apathy and you were reading her incorrectly.  Instead you claim that just because something may not be obvious to you, it isn't there at all.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #311 on: November 22, 2011, 03:36:44 AM »
Apathy doesn't keep responding to every post.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #312 on: November 22, 2011, 05:17:24 AM »
Well Odeon. If the only reason you're keeping this drama going is to try and show the members that Im bad, then Im going to try and do the sensible thing and try and keep out of it.

You seem to be the only person involved, so I will try and just ignore your bullshit, and leave you to speak to yourself.

Isn't as much fun to be on the receiving end, is it?
So are you saying two wrongs do make a right?

Am I wrong in pointing out the errors in her ways?
I am just disappointed.  I was expecting the punchline to be something more profound.  Maybe something that would make me think 'ah now i see what the point is to all of this'.   When you said "Isn't as much fun to be on the receiving end, is it?"  and "It's not a callout, really, just a little learning experience for Butterflies. I doubt Sir Les is interested in continuing his thread. "  then it made me think of how you addressed squids argument with "The two wrongs does make a right argument, with a twist."   

A double twist i think!   Reminds me of 'do as  i say and not as i do'.   Maybe this tactic has worked for you before and you got the result.

Has she seen the errors of her ways?   I think in teaching her a lesson like this,  and the fact that she hasn't run off crying,  you may have inadvertently   assisted in giving her a 'bad girl reputation' that she may or may not wish to live up to.
blah blah blah

Offline V

• Good Twin of the WP Modfag of the Aspie Elite
  • Constant Poster
  • _________(feel free to fill the blanks)
« Reply #313 on: November 22, 2011, 05:34:12 AM »
Well fb group thing has been brought up and I "was the one that started it" so Im going to try to explain things a little.

Rod approached a community knowing I was a member there(we had interacted in the past) claiming that some members from here were planning on some sort of attack to wp.  I did the standard procedure at the time which is thank him for the information and told him I´d look into things.

Before I had a chance to actually look into things and see if he was just trying to string me along or he was being helpfull some members here decided to make my fb account public and a couple of other things I shant get into.   

Rod sent me a link to the thread were "you were attacking him" and he was saying that you should be carefull because you were all going to get banned from wp so I realized that he just wanted to use me and took a step back.

I was a bit worried about my account being made public here but the only thing that happened was some members approached me to try to make things clear and one of them suggested I joined this place. 

As for adding Butterflies into the group we were friends on fb after she sent me a message  to clear things(you can only approve requests to join a group by your friends) and when I saw her request to join  I wanted to give her a chance to say her side of the story as you can see by my posts on the group.

Vicente Rios ha añadido a Lorna Smith.
Me gusta · · Dejar de seguir esta publicación · 15 de octubre a las 7:44

Vicente Rios I just learnt how to add people to this group. Yay me
        15 de octubre a las 7:44 · Me gusta · 2
        Vicente Rios You are entitled to have your own friends and Im entitled to have mine. You dont get along with her?, ignore her. Posting hurtfull comments against her before she posts tells a lot about you. Also I thought that rod was all for an open discussion here, the least we can do is have both sides of the story
        15 de octubre a las 11:56 · Me gusta
        Vicente Rios She doesnt have me fooled. She approached me openly telling me about her issues with parakeet and being open about her situation and asking for help and as I said to rod I try to help others when they approach me truthfully. You are more than free to create a discussion about me if you wish to.
        15 de octubre a las 12:22 · Me gusta
        Vicente Rios Excuse me?. Ive given her access to this group to defend herself if thats a crime sue me

There were several attempts of attacking quite a few members by Pandora between my comments but I dont feel like getting into my second account and she has me blocked on the original one.

As for giving Butterflies/everyone access to the group I just sped up things a little. Alex approves every request he sees sadly he doesnt keep an eye on that group so if you dont have a friend thats already a member it can take a while before you are accepted.
"I love that DSM-V is acknowledging sensory issues by including it in the diagnostic criteria. However, I would like to propose to DSM that a new one be included called "DKSA" (aka "Dont' Know Shit about Aspergers")" Rudy Simone

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #314 on: November 22, 2011, 08:56:05 AM »
Wow this is still going? I expected by now it would have been well and truly derailed.
One of the members here sent me a Pm and I have come on to give them my email address.
Has a quick skim through.

Vendetta butterflies? Why because he disagrees with you? Because he defends his claim? Damn! That is about as credible as the police state comment you made about him. Nothing like misrepresentation. Has not worked up to now, but throw enough red herrings around and something may be believed.

Butterflies I know you are trying to make a bit of mileage over this "naughtygirl/bad girl" thing, but seriously I do not think that anyone is REALLY buying that are they? Seriously? Saying you act with bad form is about as connected to being a bad girl as blowing your nose on your sleeve is "hardcore". It isn't really. It is distasteful and not something to want to associate with, but bad?

I don't think it's OK when people who have never been members here (Pandora, in this case) and have until then not been involved with the site get hurt and are seen as some kind of collateral damage and nothing to be particularly sorry about. Admit it was mean, sure, apologies, hell no.

I agree totally.   Woody was another one you might say was collateral damage.  Let's face it,  there are a few we could bring up.  Is it ok to mock and ridicule Woody because he plays a trumpet, has religious beliefs and because it seems his elevator does not go straight to the top?  Do you not think he was also 'hurt' when he realised (if he has yet i don't know) that he was made a fool of?  That poor sod didn't even have anyone to stand up and say 'oi' on his behalf! 

Yes very good point about Woodysy, Bodie.

MLA banned Woodsy
Woodsy starts a forum to condemn MLA.
People from here like MLA went over and opened accounts and posted stupidly.

Now there was little "harm" in this. It was about the most harmless payback one could distribute. Probably around about on par with Omegle trolling.

Butterflies goes on and tries getting Woodysy to talk about masturbation and ilicit nudes from him (for what use i can only imagine...certainly not personal gratification...unless we consider it personally gratifying to share that around the internet)

So your point about the Woods board was something about stepping across the line was it? Something like that? I think it is a fine example. Thanks.

It's not the remark, it never was, it's the viciousness displayed and the total lack of remorse, later thinly disguised. It's that an innocent person was caught in the crossfire in her eagerness to flame what was an exceptionally easy target. It's the cold calculation when planning and the gloat when recapitulating perceived victories, and the willingness to always take it a little bit further.

"innocent" , no one is innocent in that drama.

Not Bodie , not TCO , not me , Not Butterflies and not Pandora.

Yes Tco may be controlling but Pandora is an adult and fully capable of making her own decisions , Pandora made the decision to make poisonous remarks about Binty's relationships and paint Butterflies as some extremely evil person.
You go on about Butterflies seeing the consequences of her behaviour but at the same time advocate that another is an "innocent person" and the response to the insults and lies they decided to sling were "cruel"?

Now do you see the double standard?

And the fuss I create now is nothing in comparison, but important, nevertheless. I think it's necessary for her to find out about how things are on the receiving end for a change.

Hardly a fuss , more like Les running in making a few posts then running off again , you going on for some reason and Hyke and Pyraxis interjecting here and there.

You didn't start the mud-slinging at FB first, you started it here.

I really did not , maybe MLA or others did but I tried to be reasonable on FB.

The two wrongs does make a right argument, with a twist. I have already commented on those.

Not two wrongs make a right at all.

I said that Butterflies was not right to retaliate in a similar method to what TCO did , I merely noted that she said it in the open and it was nohere near as bad IMO as what he had said.

Parakeet was a participant. Pandora hadn't said a word when she was forced into this. You are confusing the timeline again, unless you support pre-emptive strikes.

I believe you are confusing the timelines.

Yes Pandora was forced into this but not by butterflies, remember TCO claiming that if he hit Pandora it would have been butterflies's fault?

This is going in circles.  :facepalm2:

Squid I did not run in and make a few posts and run out again. Any particular reason you would choose to say this about me? I am not on the run over this. I simply came onto I2 after much thought whether i would bother and posted. Is that running in? It is not is it? Why would you say so? I did not run off. I answered a few posts and thought "Fuck it have already started repeating myself over and over and i doubt anyone gets it and i don't know whether i care enough to continually go over and over. Not sure I want to be here because I don't actually like the environment and i would rather be doing something I enjoy. Then I left. You know this though too.

So why the misrepresentation?

What is more of a concern is this little piece
Pandora made the decision to make poisonous remarks about Binty's relationships and paint Butterflies as some extremely evil person.
Considering that I not only said that TCO made these remarks (from Pandora's account) about Bint, I also PM'ed you the actual quote he wrote from an email to me that said this explicitly, why say this?
You KNOW it is blatantly untrue but you put it out there anyway?
THAT I don't get.

Py is right about something. The social subtleties of conversations are not my strong point. I am aspie. Most here are. Most here will not get the clever miswordings or misrepresentations or whatever. Py was not using NT as a dirty word and so no Squiddy, she did not discredit herself by saying so regardless of whether you see what she sees.
She is using it to say that Butterflies seems to be very clever with using subtle nuances and changing meaning. It is something my mother was particularly good at. It is deceptive and manipulating in the same way that misrepresenting someone's position and then arguing against the misrepsented falsity is clever and deceptive...if you don''t get caught.
Works like this Squid.
A argues X
B claims that A's argument is Y and then defends against Y.
Unless A can address Y then B skirts around having to make account of themselves for X.

In all of this I do not dislike Butterflies or anyone who likes her or supports her. I think Butterflies is fiery, quite often very witty,  tough, sometimes insightful, and quite charismatic. Unfortunately she also has a difference in what she passes off for fairplay and justifiable and so. She also does not seem to mind sacrificing truth in an argument. Everyone has their bad points. I have one or two (dozen) myself.

What I find disconcerting is that these things are left unchecked. Any time in the past i can recall I2 members stepping across the line there used to be a fair bit of debate and self-moderating and censorship here. We did not need rules or mods to police because members would sort themselves out and when people were being arseholes, they would at least cop in from all sides. I certainly have in the past when i have. I think it is good that there is this honesty,trust and respect.

Now there seems to be not only a silence but...I dunno...a sanctioning or support for being arseholes. That I object to.

There doesn't to my eyes look to be a want to support a notion, but instead support a person or a group. There seems to be a default defence position that if someone is liked then their actions will be supported by and large. I am not against arguing against people i like. I will argue a notion. There was a time that this was the norm. You disagreed you said. No expectation to tow the line because someone you liked said something.

To me this is not what the defend your claim thing should be about nor the environment here and , maybe that is me. Maybe there is a change in the culture and this is the new accepted norm. Maybe I am misreading things entirely.

That said, it really doesn't matter. This thread will  no doubt be dead soon. But it will be a point of reference to anyone who is desperate to find it for whatever reason.

Anyhow whatever. (Tl;dr)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:06:05 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap