Educational

Author Topic: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.  (Read 14447 times)

Binty

Re: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.
« Reply #240 on: November 21, 2011, 03:42:36 PM »
The truth is out there  :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #241 on: November 21, 2011, 04:57:15 PM »
So. Instead of just bitching about me, why don't you  start your little discussion on the future of the site.

Seems pointless just going over and over like this when both of us have made our views clear, and are unlikely to change.

You think my behaviour was rancid and reprehensible. I think you're just butthurt because Les claims to have left.
How much longer do you want us to keep this pathetic drama going for? When other people are involved in drama, you're often one of the first to say it's getting old. Now you seem determined to drag this out as long as possible.

I realise it's unpleasant for you, but see it as a learning experience. Who knows, maybe you can learn something about yourself? More importantly, though, maybe others will learn things about you.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #242 on: November 21, 2011, 04:58:46 PM »
Butterflies doesn't habitually go around insulting members friends.    I don't see her making unprovoked attacks on innocent people in the near future either.  She has already stated she has learned from all this and in hindsight would have played it differently.

I am still not sure of the goals behind this call out.  I don't think an apology was requested and i don't see one on the horizon so what is to be gained by repeatedly conducting an autopsy? 

It's not a callout, really, just a little learning experience for Butterflies. I doubt Sir Les is interested in continuing his thread.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #243 on: November 21, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »
It's not a callout, really, just a little learning experience for Butterflies. I doubt Sir Les is interested in continuing his thread.

Was that spot, behind the shed, in your backyard, a good place to hide his body??  :orly:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #244 on: November 21, 2011, 05:13:53 PM »
We already know TCO behaves like a cunt. does that mean that others have to? Does it make it OK? Desirable, even?

It is not desirable but why should anyone not act like a cunt to TCO?

My point was a very big fuss was made of frankly a very small remark , something which is miniscule in comparison to what TCO said and yet he did not get the shit Butterflies did.

It's not the remark, it never was, it's the viciousness displayed and the total lack of remorse, later thinly disguised. It's that an innocent person was caught in the crossfire in her eagerness to flame what was an exceptionally easy target. It's the cold calculation when planning and the gloat when recapitulating perceived victories, and the willingness to always take it a little bit further.

And the fuss I create now is nothing in comparison, but important, nevertheless. I think it's necessary for her to find out about how things are on the receiving end for a change.

you might want to look up the threads and study the order in which the drama unfolded.

I have.
Butterflies did not start with attacks on his family members she retaliated.

A shame you didn't keep the context. You wrote this:

but none of us started mud slinging until Pandora flung insults at Bodie , THAT is when insults were aimed at Pandora and when the "Rancidora" name started being used.

You didn't start the mud-slinging at FB first, you started it here.

In  fact I seem to remember TCO was sending PM's to Butterflies at first about her family , so Butterflies may not be any better in a sense , but at least she had the balls to say it in the open.

The two wrongs does make a right argument, with a twist. I have already commented on those.

Not sure I read it at the time, only when the drama spread and eris brought it up. When I was made aware of it, the main focus was already on eris's case. I do believe I did address it, though.

Right ok , I take that back then.

Parakeet, AFAIK, was never collateral damage like Pandora was, but quite active elsewhere. I never read the WP threads but as I understood it at the time, you had legitimate issues to settle and that sort of thing was part of the concept behind I2, as Pyraxis and others will confirm. Do you see the difference between someone like Parakeet and Pandora?

If you don't, please tell me why.

Parakeet made comments towards Soph and threatened legal action.
Pandora made comments about Butterflies and Binty.

There is a lot of similarities so I don't see how you can say Parakeet was justified and Pandora wasn't.

Parakeet was a participant. Pandora hadn't said a word when she was forced into this. You are confusing the timeline again, unless you support pre-emptive strikes.

I'm not saying I can't be inconsistent--I believe I pointed it out in a previous post. Quite the contrary. In this case I fail to see a double standard, however.

Read above.

Did. I still don't see a double standard.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #245 on: November 21, 2011, 05:14:49 PM »
Well Odeon. If the only reason you're keeping this drama going is to try and show the members that Im bad, then Im going to try and do the sensible thing and try and keep out of it.

You seem to be the only person involved, so I will try and just ignore your bullshit, and leave you to speak to yourself.

Edit: Just noticed comment about showing me what its like being on recieving end. Iteresting tactics from the man who keeps claiming two wrongs dont make a right
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 05:19:30 PM by Butterflies »

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #246 on: November 21, 2011, 05:15:04 PM »
I wonder what she has learned? ???
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #247 on: November 21, 2011, 05:15:08 PM »
You should because unless you think you are without fault, it's the decent thing to do. You were not without blame

Have never suggested I'm without blame. I don't think I'm without blame at all.

You are mistaking my apathy with believing I'm innocent.

If you'd been apathetic I would have seen the difference.

Because you always know better, right?

No, but her actions re this had nothing to do with apathy. It's an interesting line of defence, though. I'd love to hear the reasoning behind it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #248 on: November 21, 2011, 05:16:38 PM »
The truth is out there  :zoinks:

"wait... worry... who cares?"

(Another Chris Carter tagline)

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #249 on: November 21, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »

Was that spot, behind the shed, in your backyard, a good place to hide his body??  :orly:

No, he's buried in YOUR back yard.  :hahaha:

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2011, 05:17:45 PM »
I wonder what she has learned? ???

Surprisingly little.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #251 on: November 21, 2011, 05:18:23 PM »
Well Odeon. If the only reason you're keeping this drama going is to try and show the members that Im bad, then Im going to try and do the sensible thing and try and keep out of it.

You seem to be the only person involved, so I will try and just ignore your bullshit, and leave you to speak to yourself.

Isn't as much fun to be on the receiving end, is it?

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #252 on: November 21, 2011, 05:20:20 PM »
I think it needs to be broadened, because, this seems to lead nowhere.

it's perfectly OK if it leads nowhere

If this discussion is about what the site should be about, then I'd like more examples, and more cases to think on. And then Squiddy is right in bringing TM into the discussion.

... I think what is part of the discussion here is how far are we "allowed" to go, to get our fun, and our confrontation. And, if it is about that, then this discussion needs to be a lot wider than focussing around Pandora.

Think it is time to move on beyond the discussion about Butterflies, to the discussion about the site. If we don't, this thread may go on till kingdom come, or December 21 2012, without leading anywhere.

No, no and no.

We don't need to discuss what this site is about because that's the beginning of censorship/moderation.

We are "allowed" to say and do anything within Hostgator's TOS, that's a settled issue IMO and one that odeon has repeatedly said.

If this site changes because of the TCO shit, then he has won. He had been trying all along to control peoples behavior and if we change because of him, he has succeeded.  >:(

:plus:

I understand what you are saying and wouldn't dream of introducing moderation or rules here. A discussion in this case is just that, a discussion. IF people choose to listen and do something differently, it's their choice, just as it is their choice to tell the posters to fuck off.

Free speech is not just a right but a responsibility. In that responsibility should be included other people's right to be heard.
That's what I meant indeed. Not in favour of implementing any rules that go beyond the ones of the TOS. Never was, and never will be I think. Moderation and I2 will wreck the thing.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #253 on: November 21, 2011, 05:26:16 PM »
@Odeon. Quite the opposite. Maybe not fun, but certainly interesting.

You were the only one involved, so ots probably not as unpleasent as you might think.
In fact. Seeing the people who have been prepared to stick up for me on this matter is something I wont forget, and means far more to me than your little eposode.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #254 on: November 21, 2011, 05:29:59 PM »
I've filled 17 pages all by myself? I never knew I had it in me.

- Albert Einstein