Author Topic: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.  (Read 14450 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.
« Reply #210 on: November 20, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »
Odeon and Les have different issues.

Les believes that I called her Rancidora as a direct insult to him. Of course it wasn't directed at Les.

Odeon still seems to be going on about the fact that I said she was rancid 6 weeks ago, although he now just seems to want to prove that I'm a bad girl, and that I need disciplined :squiddy:.

Way to put words in everybody's mouths. I don't think you have any idea what the issues are.

Les did say that was his issue, at least that's how I read it.

If Odeon isn't looking to prove to the site that I'm a bad girl, then I'll be happy to stand corrected.

Scrapheap

« Reply #211 on: November 20, 2011, 10:35:13 PM »
If Odeon isn't looking to prove to the site that I'm a bad girl, then I'll be happy to stand corrected.

If Odeon doesn't prove to the site that you're a bad girl, then I'd be disappointed.  ;)  :eyebrows:  :laugh:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #212 on: November 20, 2011, 11:02:32 PM »

If Odeon doesn't prove to the site that you're a bad girl, then I'd be disappointed.  ;)  :eyebrows:  :laugh:

Don't say that. I wouldn't be surprised to see him search for all the bad things I've said, and then present them to the site as evidence that I'm evil. :facepalm2:

Scrapheap

« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2011, 12:27:04 AM »

Don't say that. I wouldn't be surprised to see him search for all the bad things I've said, and then present them to the site as evidence that I'm evil. :facepalm2:

What happend to the days when we could rip on eachother and it was all in good fun, and no one got butthurt over it and there weren't half a dozen call-outs over petty, stupid shit??   :'(  :tantrum:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #214 on: November 21, 2011, 02:36:11 AM »
Yeah I really don't get what's so bad about the Rancid insult

Way worse things are said on this site

Also I don't think Butterflies ever plays the innocent little me thing - hasn't she said plenty of times herself that she;s acted badly

Yes. I'm the first to admit that I'm not a well behaved person, either here, or in RL.

I'm guilty of many things, but pretending I'm an angel isn't one of them.

You have said you behaved badly, but, you are quick in adding a but (he did .......)
Even when all added after the but is true, when added after a but, in many cases, it comes across as making what was said before the but less important, or even less true.

It's a clever technique, isn't it?

Not so clever, because it has the opposite effect on me.

Were she to say, TCO went across all borders of decency, but, I reacted shitty myself too, and wish I hadn't, it would sound completely different.

edit for spelling....
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 03:39:02 AM by hykeaswell »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #215 on: November 21, 2011, 03:08:34 AM »
I kept out of this discussion mostly, for various reasons.

Think this discussion needs to be broader than just the TCO thing, if it needs to be discussed wider.

To find topics to include, one could search the posts of EBM. He is a very good observer, and he acts on it. He has made posts with the gist of "Not Cool" more than once. That would be a good way to find things to broaden this discussion.

And why do you feel this discussion needs to be broadened?
I think it needs to be broadened, because, this seems to lead nowhere.

15 pages about if Butterflies is a good person? And the same question in plenty of threads more? You are almost discussed as much as TCO was.  :zombiefuck:

(Creepy parallel is that he was pretty good in the using of the but argumentation btw, that's partly why meltdowns kept going on with him I guess)

If this discussion is about what the site should be about, then I'd like more examples, and more cases to think on. And then Squiddy is right in bringing TM into the discussion.

I think this place is about learning and fun. (UGH, now it sounds like an advertising for a new schoolprogram to do math or so, don't mean that, better words fail me  :nerdy:).
Think most of us here do have things to learn, and, very different things too. And the way we learn can be quite confrontational. I think what is part of the discussion here is how far are we "allowed" to go, to get our fun, and our confrontation. And, if it is about that, then this discussion needs to be a lot wider than focussing around Pandora.

You did learn something, you said you would do one thing different in hindsight. Maybe you'll get the "but" thing too one day. :P Don't worry when you don't get it yet, that's the beauty of this place, things you don't get will be right in your face another time.

Think it is time to move on beyond the discussion about Butterflies, to the discussion about the site. If we don't, this thread may go on till kingdom come, or December 21 2012, without leading anywhere.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #216 on: November 21, 2011, 04:33:03 AM »
but, but, but,

can we leave the 'buts' out of it please as mine
is getting bigger for sure, and i find it is something
i can't defend! :booty:

as always hyke makes sense!  i just feel like i been a ickle mouse in an executive elephants board meeting!  because it's sort of what i been saying
but no one else seemed to hear me.

granted hyke said it better despite her first language being something else! :bigcry:
blah blah blah

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #217 on: November 21, 2011, 05:23:10 AM »
But, I bet my but is bigger than yours. (Not going to back up my shit on this one  :booty: )

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2011, 05:50:54 AM »
But, I bet my but is bigger than yours. (Not going to back up my shit on this one  :booty: )

MY butt is bigger than either of YOUR butts; if you don't believe me, call me out!  :M :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #219 on: November 21, 2011, 05:56:08 AM »

MY butt is bigger than either of YOUR butts; if you don't believe me, call me out!  :M :P

Well at least your butt is bigger in spelling.

Will you back up your shit, if I call you out on this?

Or should we just meet somewhere around where Bodi lives, and decide there and then, whose arse is champion?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #220 on: November 21, 2011, 06:03:12 AM »

Or should we just meet somewhere around where Bodi lives, and decide there and then, whose arse is champion?

We probably need to meet in person somewhere, maybe next year.  :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Psychophant

« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2011, 06:30:57 AM »

We probably need to meet in person somewhere, maybe next year.  :2thumbsup:

I voulnteer to be a totally impartial judge!   :eyebrows:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2011, 07:37:39 AM »
@Hyke. Fair enough. You want a discussion on what is acceptable on this site. I agree.
From your earlier post on the matter, I got the impression that you were calling for a wider discussion about me.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2011, 07:57:27 AM »
What happend to the days when we could rip on eachother and it was all in good fun, and no one got butthurt over it and there weren't half a dozen call-outs over petty, stupid shit??   :'(  :tantrum:

That is a really really good question.  :plus:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Scrapheap

« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »
I think it needs to be broadened, because, this seems to lead nowhere.

it's perfectly OK if it leads nowhere

If this discussion is about what the site should be about, then I'd like more examples, and more cases to think on. And then Squiddy is right in bringing TM into the discussion.

... I think what is part of the discussion here is how far are we "allowed" to go, to get our fun, and our confrontation. And, if it is about that, then this discussion needs to be a lot wider than focussing around Pandora.

Think it is time to move on beyond the discussion about Butterflies, to the discussion about the site. If we don't, this thread may go on till kingdom come, or December 21 2012, without leading anywhere.

No, no and no.

We don't need to discuss what this site is about because that's the beginning of censorship/moderation.

We are "allowed" to say and do anything within Hostgator's TOS, that's a settled issue IMO and one that odeon has repeatedly said.

If this site changes because of the TCO shit, then he has won. He had been trying all along to control peoples behavior and if we change because of him, he has succeeded.  >:(