Educational

Author Topic: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.  (Read 14599 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2011, 12:17:09 PM »
Why don't you just ask. It's pretty hard for anyone to tell you lies when all the evidence is so easy to find.

Hm. Because people aren't that trustworthy, and whenever there's a conflict, they end up getting polarized into their own exclusive opinions which contradict the people on the other side of the conflict. So I'd have to ask everyone in order to get a coherent picture. It makes more sense to just stand back and observe.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2011, 12:20:33 PM »
People have evidence surely - ie posts they can quote?

If you just observe the fallout of it, then how can you REALLY know what teh initial arguments were?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2011, 12:23:14 PM »
Why don't you just ask. It's pretty hard for anyone to tell you lies when all the evidence is so easy to find.

Hm. Because people aren't that trustworthy, and whenever there's a conflict, they end up getting polarized into their own exclusive opinions which contradict the people on the other side of the conflict. So I'd have to ask everyone in order to get a coherent picture. It makes more sense to just stand back and observe.

Yes, but your obsevations so far seem very flawed.

There are people on both sides here, and AFAIK we all pretty much agree on what happened. Where we disagree is "was what we done on FB wrong?" and "how wrong was my bitchy comment about Pandora?"

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2011, 12:24:36 PM »
If you just observe the fallout of it, then how can you REALLY know what teh initial arguments were?

I guess I can't. Maybe that's what's so confusing about the recent offsite conflicts. I'm not getting on Facebook or AFF to track down what exactly happened, and it's harder to work out without knowing the source.

On the other hand, nobody can read everything everywhere, so sometimes you just have to go on limited knowledge.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2011, 12:25:48 PM »
There are people on both sides here, and AFAIK we all pretty much agree on what happened. Where we disagree is "was what we done on FB wrong?" and "how wrong was my bitchy comment about Pandora?"

That makes sense.

Scrapheap

« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2011, 12:52:02 PM »

"Grease Monkey (317) Al Swearengen (1195) - full page of lies In topic Yesterday at 06:33:54 PM "

Seriously?? WTF is this shit?? it makes me doubt the sincerity of everything else you wrote.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2011, 01:02:35 PM »
Who do you think the "younger cliques" are on here?

That brings up a point i was going to mention actually,  age.   I am an oldee too.  My opinion of the word 'rancidora' is it is a silly made up word.  Probably snigger-worthy to the younger people.  Probably would have sniggered myself if i weren't aware of Les's feelings.   That is because i am old though, and thoughtful,  and had many run ins not unlike this one when i was Butterflies age.

I do not think Butterflies is bad or nasty.  I don't think she sat and tried to think up the most offensive word just to piss Les off.  I think it just came into her head,  she used it and it got a few laughs.   If you notice she is now referring to her as 'pandora' which leads me to believe what i just said to be true.   If she was a nasty little bitch she would be using it now.  She isn't.

I think Les implied it was not just Butterflies actions that pissed him off.  Maybe now is a good time to look at the other things.  I think Butterflies has been hauled over the coals quite a lot now.
blah blah blah

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »
Who do you think the "younger cliques" are on here?

That brings up a point i was going to mention actually,  age.   I am an oldee too.  My opinion of the word 'rancidora' is it is a silly made up word.  Probably snigger-worthy to the younger people.  Probably would have sniggered myself if i weren't aware of Les's feelings.   That is because i am old though, and thoughtful,  and had many run ins not unlike this one when i was Butterflies age.

I do not think Butterflies is bad or nasty.  I don't think she sat and tried to think up the most offensive word just to piss Les off.  I think it just came into her head,  she used it and it got a few laughs.   If you notice she is now referring to her as 'pandora' which leads me to believe what i just said to be true.   If she was a nasty little bitch she would be using it now.  She isn't.

I think Les implied it was not just Butterflies actions that pissed him off.  Maybe now is a good time to look at the other things.  I think Butterflies has been hauled over the coals quite a lot now.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

I do think that the attention on me is absurd. I done something small wrong a month ago. AFAIK people are only still going on about it because Les is threatening to quit over it.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2011, 02:27:49 PM »
Exactly. I don't see how terrible this all is really . btw Is he actually quitting btw or just considering it? Have only skimmed thru his posts in here

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2011, 02:37:29 PM »
Exactly. I don't see how terrible this all is really . btw Is he actually quitting btw or just considering it? Have only skimmed thru his posts in here

I think he has already left, but keeps coming back to post about the Pandora issue.

Binty

« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2011, 04:07:47 PM »
Personally, I think Les over-reacted with this whole Pandora thing.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2011, 04:10:58 PM »
For me, the site is worth defending, and I think if this was anybody other than Les' friend, nobody would have had any issues with what we done

Bullshit. The difference would probably have been that we wouldn't know about it.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2011, 04:14:54 PM »
Mostly tl:dr, but I do feel that its strange behaviour to claim to be leaving a site because of the drama that has affected your friend, yet return regularly to the site to keep the drama going.
Its never going to die for as long as you keep writing essays on the drama.

Maybe he sees it differently. Maybe he sees that it's a way to defend his friend AND the values of a site he no longer fully recognises?

Maybe we do need to ask ourselves if this is what we want the site to be.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2011, 04:20:24 PM »
Thats bullshit Odeon. There was nowhere near this level of moral outrage when I pulled the stunt with Parakeets wife, and that was a genuinely bad thing.
I didnt see any moral outrage when Les started a thhread of two whales fucking, and claimed it to be CCTV of keet fucking his wife.

This is quickly turning into a site for the easily morally outraged.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2011, 04:22:11 PM »
You, on the other hand, still seem to be squirming out of wrongdoing and trying to erase it, which suggests to me that you know you went too far.

No. Pretty much the opposite in fact. I got involved in an argument with Steve. We both said some bitchy stuff about each others family. Turns out Steves girlfriend is Les' friend.
It was bitchy, and it was wrong. I have never denied that. By the standard of much of what goes on here though, it was pretty tame. I've done far worse here, and I've received far worse. It is a massive over-reation by some people.

Actually it took you quite a while to do more than to acknowledge that it was "mean". In that particular post you also said "I see no need to apologize, and no apologies will be issued."

- Albert Einstein