Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120101 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #1110 on: September 28, 2012, 01:37:21 PM »
I would probably have ignored it from anybody else actually

:zoinks:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1111 on: September 29, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »
I just found two syringes on the floor, full of an unknown substance.
That sounds pretty dodgy. Wonder what your floor must be like to find that there.

Nothing good has happened today.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1112 on: September 29, 2012, 07:57:56 PM »
I finally managed to swap out the broken bed frame for the PR.  I removed 5 full trash bags of crap from around and under the bed.  That's one accomplishment I feel good about.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1113 on: September 29, 2012, 09:58:12 PM »
Did well at the tag sales
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1114 on: September 30, 2012, 07:38:57 AM »
This happened yesterday but I had a blast with the youngest at an amusement park. Until we got rained out that is. :laugh:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1115 on: September 30, 2012, 09:11:02 AM »
I'n general I would agree ren, but I found them on a clearout and decluttering of my room, they just had dropped off either my computer desk, or my bed and rolled under the bed. Of course I wasn't about to IV them as they were, not knowing how long they had been there, so I ran them through an 0.2 micron sterilizing filter first.

Handy little things those are, remove even the tiniest particulate matter, and even bacteria, excluding some of the extremely tiny species such as mycoplasmas.

Glad you and the sprog had a great time o' pretty kitteh :) what did you two get up to? did the other brood get to go with?

Those kids are lucky to have a mom like you I think :)

As for my floor, it was pretty full of clutter and miscellaneous random stuff. Well overdue for a third Reich-esque purge of the most unforgiving and brutal nature. Found all sorts of things, from a couple of unsmoked cigarettes, a 2.6g bag of 4-methoxyphencyclidine (LOVE dissociative anaesthetics in general, I've only ever met one I didn't like, that being dextromethorphan, which for some reason I just don't respond to well at all, minimal effects aside from nausea and a bit of blurred vision, slight intoxicated feeling, one of my glass pipes, a surgical scalpel, one of my thumb drives...still can't find my favourite knife, a sturdy, sharp lockblade that I relieved my psychotic hellwhore bipolar, borderline personality disorder, OCD, vicious, violent, lying thief and much worse besides, of after kicking her out.

Not feeling too much of an upset stomach either, got put on erythromycin for an infection that set in to a cut on my earlobe which was making me feel pretty crappy, the first few days of being on an antibiotic in many cases upsets my stomach. As it is, I'm doing fine just taking a few 2mg immodium capsules a day for the first few days. And I think a minor infection had set in on the tip of one finger, around in line with the base of the nail, or just below it, nothing major, just some discoloration and soreness above and beyond what would be expected, I pricked the end of my finger cleaning up, on a little piece of broken glass. The erythromycin took care of that pretty quickly within 2 days of starting.

On that, plus a topically applied antibiotic cream to put on the wounded bit of ear a few times a day, which seems to be helping. Hadn't tidied up for ages, because it was almost impossible ro lift and move stuff, pick stuff up with the wrist drop, at the time it was near completely paralyzed, along with a partial loss of sensation; some parts of the hand I had feeling in, but much of it I wouldn't have felt a hot pinhead being pressed onto.

What is a tag sale? like a car boot? (what we call it on this side of the pond where some sort of land is used to hold a day where people set up a table, and sell a whole bunch pf  stuff, often out the back pof the boot of their cars.

The last one I went to, I am kicking myself, spent money to get in their, and managed to sell nothing whatsoever, and was just a tiny, tiny bit short of being able to afford a really nice looking SS dagger, which doubtless would have been worth a bit, and would make a nice addition to my weapon collection (so far, a ninja-to sword, ['ninja sword'], a set of nunchaku, a dart rifle with a pretty good telescopic sight, a .22 air pistol, and a S&W revolver, as well as the nice lock blade her now-dead grandfather gave as a last memory of him to The Hell Bitch :D)

Not something good that happened today, but that will happen at 3am or so in the coming morning-I get paid. I think I'm going to try 3-hydroxy-PCP. Its bloody expensive for some reason, no reason it should be, the synthetic procedure is no different from the much, much cheaper 3-methoxy and 4-methoxy phencyclidine analogs. Also going to buy either a 100mg sample of methoxydeschloroketamine, which only costs a fiver, in fact, theres one less step, that would be involved in any synth route I would know and use were I producing said arylcyclohexylamine myself, that being the reaction of the hydroxylated PCP compound with any one of a number of methylating agents to give the corresponding ether in the case of 3/4-MeO-PCP. Its much more potent though than either, and is apparently quite a potent opioid in and of its own right, Potency is way up too, being as potent as PCP itself IIRC.

The sample place that I get much of my research chemical type psychotropics from, also has got some really unusual, rare and interesting compounds. They are even getting in 14-methoxymetopon, which I actually find bloody shocking. As selling opioids is something that, other than ones of mild to moderate potency is something most RC companies actually shy away from big time, due to the potential for overdoses. This stuff is EXTREMELY potent. Never tried it, but my reading tells me, that depending on the assay method used, it is some 500x as potent as morphine. fentanyl is only 100x or so! Although this one has quite an unusual pharmacological profile, apparently it has a ceiling effect on respiratory depression, which must have played a large part in why it may have been chosen.

Its not in yet, but when it is, there is going to be an approval process one must go through to be allowed to purchase any. Which I am confident I will pass, being well equipped lab wise, and well educated in terms of psychoneuropharmacology. Not to mention opioid tolerant.

Definitely going to try some when it becomes available, at least the once, would be good to have something for breakthrough pain, I.e when what I'm on currently, the OC, just doesn't cut it, and my hip especially, being much worse than my knee, flares up.

Very, very surprised they are willing to go out on a limb and take the chance of selling this stuff, but looking forward to it a great deal. come monday, I'll place my order, do the bank wire, and have my stuff arrive early on tuesday via next-day shipping :)
Work still needs doing though but 'tis no longer like walking through a minefield :P

QV, what happened to the bed frame? And why so many bags of rubbish under one bed? is the PR pretty averse to anything that looks like it might involve tidying up? I don't blame her if she is :P

Found another gram of 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylnitrostyrene too, didn't realise I'd made quite that much, or that I had that other gram or so.

Lol, its quite amazing what I sometimes find when I tidy my room. It was way overdue in an epic way,thanks to my run-in with that wrist drop, I couldn't pick stuff up easily either, constantly bending down is bloody painful.

Still need to finish it off, but I'll need to get my fresh rx soon for that, as without, there is no WAY that my hip will let me bend, and I can't ever kneel down on my bad knee, as the slightest pressure is agonizing. I can only kneel down if I have a couple of soft, fat pillows and a cushion to place on top, to kneel down on, otherwise about the most pressure I can bear there, where the tendon and structures behind it have swollen up something awful, is using a couple of fingertips to rub in any of the various NSAID creams/gels. And the nerve damage from where they fucked up the surgery left me with a sort of numbness and paraesthesia, which is pretty uncomfortable if touched. Not in a painful way, just in an 'uggh that makes my skin crawl' sort of way.

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1116 on: September 30, 2012, 11:21:43 AM »
@ Lestat - QV, what happened to the bed frame? And why so many bags of rubbish under one bed? is the PR pretty averse to anything that looks like it might involve tidying up? I don't blame her if she is.

The PR was using the bed frame from the bedroom set my folks bought my sister and me in the mid 1960's.  One of the inside supports for the slats partially broke a good 8 or so inches off.  The slats were always iffy as far as staying in place because they were cut slightly short.  With the support broke they were impossible to keep the box spring up.  The PR had been fixing it every few days, but it was getting old hat.  She didn't have the $ for the frame, so I lent it to her.

The PR has minimal use of her right hand (she can mainly steady a piece of paper to write) and partial use of her right arm mostly because of a stroke before she was born.  She had managed to wrestle the mattress and box frame for about 6 weeks or so with one hand/arm.   

She has ADHD - Inattentive and a piss-poor role model in her mother as far as housekeeping go.  Her idea of a clean room was a partially clear space in the center, ignore the 5 foot + pile of clothes and towels taking up 1/4 of the room and shove everything under the bed or between the bed and the wall.  I'm changing and so will she. 

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1117 on: September 30, 2012, 05:37:05 PM »
@ Lestat - QV, what happened to the bed frame? And why so many bags of rubbish under one bed? is the PR pretty averse to anything that looks like it might involve tidying up? I don't blame her if she is.

The PR was using the bed frame from the bedroom set my folks bought my sister and me in the mid 1960's.  One of the inside supports for the slats partially broke a good 8 or so inches off.  The slats were always iffy as far as staying in place because they were cut slightly short.  With the support broke they were impossible to keep the box spring up.  The PR had been fixing it every few days, but it was getting old hat.  She didn't have the $ for the frame, so I lent it to her.

The PR has minimal use of her right hand (she can mainly steady a piece of paper to write) and partial use of her right arm mostly because of a stroke before she was born.  She had managed to wrestle the mattress and box frame for about 6 weeks or so with one hand/arm.   

She has ADHD - Inattentive and a piss-poor role model in her mother as far as housekeeping go.  Her idea of a clean room was a partially clear space in the center, ignore the 5 foot + pile of clothes and towels taking up 1/4 of the room and shove everything under the bed or between the bed and the wall.  I'm changing and so will she.

Good for you and the PR, for changing your habits.  That reminds me ...  :apondering:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1118 on: October 01, 2012, 05:33:48 AM »
She sounds rather like me then.

Although its my left hand that isn't working properly at the moment. No idea what caused the wrist drop/paralysis/numbness, although it is getting better at least.

I'm just absent minded and forget to put my clothes in the wash, and I always keep quite a few bottles of soft drink on the floor by my bed so all I have to do when I get thirsty at night is reach down, feel about and grab something.

(which atm, is a bottle of chocolate and mint milk/vodka mix stuff :autism:)

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1119 on: October 01, 2012, 11:42:31 AM »
Yay! my package has been collected at the far end, and will be delivered tomorrow :)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1120 on: October 02, 2012, 11:14:56 PM »

Socialized.

LIKE A BOSS.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1121 on: October 03, 2012, 09:07:07 AM »
Brown sugar and maple oatmeal with peanut butter (chewed on the left side of mouth only)
Nice sales at the grocery stores
Meeting this afternoon to see if I can be an absentee voter poll commissioner.  Means extra $ for us

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1122 on: October 03, 2012, 11:48:51 AM »
I was able to avoid the 12-yo all day.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1123 on: October 03, 2012, 11:53:03 AM »
I was able to avoid the 12-yo all day.

Did you have to hide in your office?   :hide:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1124 on: October 03, 2012, 12:05:19 PM »
I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon. Still debating style and colours  :apondering:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty