Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120107 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #7110 on: September 06, 2019, 01:43:28 PM »
Went out to fetch the laundry off the drying lines and spotted at it's base the tiniest Garter snake I had ever seen.  As I am gathering the laundry, it's trying writhe away as fast as possible from me.  It's a coolish day and I was concerned that it was wasting valuable energy in it's attempts to get away.  So I avoided walking near it, yet kept my eye on it so I wouldn't walk on the poor thing.  As I finished it had disappeared and I hope it found a nice safe and warm niche to shelter in as it was doing it's hunting.  Lots of nice insects for it to prey on near our house.  And the patio bricks that it was on must have felt warm after a few hours of sunlight falling on them.  Stay safe, my little friend!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7111 on: September 06, 2019, 06:23:42 PM »
awww heck, still i guess it was a bigger disaster for the guy who smashed the window than for yourself, DD.  He has cost the company a pretty penny. I  shouldn't be surprised if he loses his job ober that :(

I am sure you are right. He was quite distraught over his mistake.
I immediately went over to "comfort" him and assure him that This Shit just happens sometimes and that he should not beat himself up over it too much.
The owner of the company called me later that evening to update me and "apologize" about the incident. I asked about the youngster and he just said that this type of thing has happened to every one of his employees over the years and such costs are a part of doing business. He said the kid always does great work and he will keep his job.

Sometimes shit just happens.
 :dunno:
Good for you, DD :)  :plus:
And thank goodness for sensible bosses.  I knew a guy who worked as a machine setter for a small engineering firm. The boss used to cajole him into coming into work, even if he had the flu. showing him the books and pointing out exactly  how much money worker sickness was costing him. Well, my mate was sympathetic, cos it really is tough for small businesses to stay afloat . But then, when the inevitable finally happened, and he made the little error that ruined a really big job, guess what? Yeah, he got the sack.  He was sympathetic towards the bosses position on that too, saying yeah, he deserved it. But me, i'd be surprised if the boss ever found someone better.  What do you think?

It is all too often that someone's integrity seems to allow escalating situations to devolve into something that eventually bites them in the ass. Seems as if your pal got some of that all over him.

I never imagined that this guy should have been fired or screwed over in any way. Yeah, he made a rookie mistake with a powerful tool and his learning process included breaking my brand new window. FUCKDAMNSHITHELLPISSCUNTFUCKFUCKFUCK and so on.
It could have been worse. He might have been hurt.
NEVER take the compressor end of a high pressure hose loose until you have spent or bled off the pressure some way.

Your buddy should not have been fucked over either.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7112 on: September 09, 2019, 07:09:53 AM »
I was up fairly early this morning. It is apple season, just beginning.
I made a pie. Very juicy and it ran over a bit, but it seems to be setting up just fine.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7113 on: September 11, 2019, 03:13:39 AM »
Coffee.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7114 on: September 11, 2019, 08:35:21 AM »
I have a day off!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #7115 on: September 11, 2019, 02:01:23 PM »
Actually yesterday, but...

I took apart an old broken box spring in order to separate the wood, metal, and fabric for recycling. I am OCD about stuff like this.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:56:15 AM by Trigger 11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #7116 on: September 15, 2019, 07:59:49 AM »
At my HS reunion last night a bunch of girls that had crushes on me back in MS and/or HS came up to me throughout the evening and were quite friendly with hugs and whatnot. I knew of some of the crushes, but others I did not. The affection and blushing smiles were a nice boost to my quite battered ego.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7117 on: September 19, 2019, 03:26:59 PM »

Got new glasses for the entire family.

Mine are still yet to be completed but everyone else has their new ones.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7118 on: September 19, 2019, 05:35:55 PM »
I got a final payment on a job I finished over a month ago,  better late than never
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7119 on: September 20, 2019, 10:22:28 AM »
Had a beer with my team leader.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7120 on: October 30, 2019, 11:26:16 AM »
New escape proof dog crate arrived for the youngest pup who is our official houdini dog and can bust out of every type of crate so far. Wish I could leave her out like her sister but she still eats all the things.  ::)
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7121 on: November 10, 2019, 01:51:27 PM »
The standard we've been working on for the last three years is finally close to being finished. We adjourned the meeting today with no further meetings planned.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7122 on: November 11, 2019, 04:46:50 PM »
The standard we've been working on for the last three years is finally close to being finished. We adjourned the meeting today with no further meetings planned.

:congrats:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7123 on: November 12, 2019, 10:04:55 AM »
Thanks. :)

I hope I don't jinx it by posting about it. But I already did on FB, too, so I'll blame you all if it goes south.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7124 on: November 12, 2019, 05:11:52 PM »
Be sure to tag me in the blame post so I know when to be appropriately sorry for the turmoil I caused  :hide: :lol1:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad