Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120133 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #6795 on: September 04, 2018, 12:33:12 PM »
My uncle, who I've not seen in a while, brought my old man some supplies since he couldn't go out to do it himself, he can't drive with his foot in the orthotic boot he uses to keep his achilles tendon in line with the snapped bit so it'll heal eventually. (although tendons  only have at most about 1 to 3x the blood supply of muscle and skin tissues). He brought an apple with him that had literally fallen straight off his tree, my old man wasn't going to eat it, so left it for me, which I'm rather pleased about, because I couldn't help but quietly look at it and think 'that looks REALLY tasty....'

Said he'd bring me some more if he remembers the next time he comes, which again I'll appreciate. Just eating it now and its crunchy and jucier and sweeter and tangier than any from the shops. Literally must be at the perfect time of ripeness as it just dropped off the tree.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6796 on: October 08, 2018, 08:05:59 AM »
Quite randomly, on my way back from picking some prescriptions  up from the pharmacy in the local village (there are nearer ones, but the rest open at 9am at the earliest, this one is both a late night and early morning place, which opens at 8am, same  as  the clinic I'd  go to to pick the prescription forms themselves up, so it makes sense to set out just before 8am, to time  my arrival to when the surgery opens, pick them up and carry on to the early/late pharmacy) ended up with, free, half a joint. Had asked for a spare smoke, and assumed what I was given, was a rollup.

It wasn't. I thought, before lighting it, that I  could smell a funny odour (with it in my trouser pocket at the time),  that wasn't from any of the flasks of  chemicals in the  kitchen, that have had to have a home where  there was no room in the  lab, but, seeing as I  hadn't a lighter or matches while I was out, and it was windy anyway, I'd had to wait until I was home for a quick morning smoke.  Lit it, and found out it was no rollup, but a doobie instead!.

A most pleasant surprise, especially after walking several miles there and back in the cold and  the wind, and while I usually use an e-cig, it doesn't hit the same spot so to speak, with nicotine alone  as the active constituent of the liquid (I.e not counting propylene glycol, flavouring, any colourings in the flavouring and other minor ingredients  in them), as tobacco does, although I've cut down an awful lot compared to what I used to smoke. I still appreciate a cigar in the morning with my first morphine shot.  Something about the pair really goes together like golden syrup on top of hot porridge, or lemon balm as a strong, hot  decoction, still steaming, when making a cup of  lady grey tea, or white teas, used  instead of water. They just 'work' if that makes sense.

But  a joint, even better, by a  long way!. And a  joint when you think you are going  to be having an ordinary rollup? better  still :autism:

That put quite a smile on my face. A very nice surprise indeed, all the more so for  my not expecting it.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6797 on: October 25, 2018, 04:29:43 AM »
The dealership said they will replace my car's water pump AND A/C blower motor :asthing:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6798 on: October 25, 2018, 06:49:07 AM »

:2thumbsup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #6799 on: October 25, 2018, 08:43:02 AM »
The dealership said they will replace my car's water pump AND A/C blower motor :asthing:

How did you get the car to the dealership??

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6800 on: October 25, 2018, 03:42:37 PM »
A sausage sandwich is happening.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6801 on: October 25, 2018, 08:57:13 PM »
Marked down groceries.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6802 on: October 25, 2018, 10:16:19 PM »
I won division 7 in Oz Lotto not once, not twice, but three times! $50 in total :viking:

Well done. I won less than 10 bucks and reinvested it in Powerball (8 games for $9.60) and completely forgot about it. Then got an email this morning telling me I'd won about $70, division 6.

Of course it's been reinvested into my early retirement and endless holiday plan.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6803 on: October 26, 2018, 06:32:40 AM »

How did you get the car to the dealership??

:dunno: Drove. Still isn't leaking coolant yet. But it went really well on the highway anyway. Must be the air velocity at 110km/hr working to keep it cool.
Gotta do it again to get down there on the 5th for the actual repairs but it'll be fine I reckon, I'm confident.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #6804 on: October 26, 2018, 03:02:55 PM »
Still isn't leaking coolant yet. But it went really well on the highway anyway. Must be the air velocity at 110km/hr working to keep it cool.

When I was working with Alan Johnson, we did some support work with several World of Outlaws Sprint Car racers. Many of them didn't run water pumps in their cars and relied on natural heat convection to circulate water in the engine. Of course they ran their engines on alcohol which burns much cooler than gasoline so you could make 850 HP and still not overheat.

Gotta do it again to get down there on the 5th for the actual repairs but it'll be fine I reckon, I'm confident.

I hope so too, good luck, keep your fingers crossed!!   :crossed:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6805 on: October 26, 2018, 07:50:04 PM »
A wee bit more house clearing and 2 loads of laundry washed, one dried.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6806 on: November 10, 2018, 05:48:35 PM »
SO found a parts car for $100 to scavenge for the bug. It's a few years older so not everything is the same, but still a lot I can pull and recoup the $100++ with the rest.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6807 on: November 10, 2018, 06:14:55 PM »
The iron level in my blood was high enough for me to donate blood today.  I hadn't been able to donate for the past year.  Don't know why it was low in the past.  But all is good now.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6808 on: November 11, 2018, 04:21:34 PM »
Pancakes at the diner
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6809 on: November 11, 2018, 05:42:35 PM »
Pancakes at the diner

Pancakes is gooooood.