Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120117 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #6765 on: July 27, 2018, 11:30:08 AM »
My truck only aspires to be a big truck, although it can drink like one some days.

Something about the smell of that wintergreen tobacco that's popular around here I've never got used to. :P

No banjos, although there's always hope...used to play the viola (classical)...eons ago.

Never been to a hoedown, but I did make the Fayette County Fair for "Cigarette" (The Clarks).

1 tattoo...it was a girl's night out dare...I treasure the memory, no regrets. 1 of us got a honey bee, another decided on a butterfly, and the other choose a black widow spider.

The personal armory is well-stocked.

I also grow produce in a small rural yard...and the neighbors down the road (and up) both have chickens (free range).

Raised in a snobby section of NY, married/divorced/re-adopted into a whole family of rednecks. Wouldn't change it for the world.

All that is well and good and I can applaud most of what you typed, BUT   ---  you described all your girl friends dare tats, BUT NOT YOURS!!! :-\

Inquiring minds and all.
 :eyelash:

There were only the three of us...and I've never been the normal one.  ;)

Did the others face their fears in the tattoos too?  :headbang2:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6766 on: July 27, 2018, 11:36:57 AM »
My truck only aspires to be a big truck, although it can drink like one some days.

Something about the smell of that wintergreen tobacco that's popular around here I've never got used to. :P

No banjos, although there's always hope...used to play the viola (classical)...eons ago.

Never been to a hoedown, but I did make the Fayette County Fair for "Cigarette" (The Clarks).

1 tattoo...it was a girl's night out dare...I treasure the memory, no regrets. 1 of us got a honey bee, another decided on a butterfly, and the other choose a black widow spider.

The personal armory is well-stocked.

I also grow produce in a small rural yard...and the neighbors down the road (and up) both have chickens (free range).

Raised in a snobby section of NY, married/divorced/re-adopted into a whole family of rednecks. Wouldn't change it for the world.

All that is well and good and I can applaud most of what you typed, BUT   ---  you described all your girl friends dare tats, BUT NOT YOURS!!! :-\

Inquiring minds and all.
 :eyelash:

There were only the three of us...and I've never been the normal one.  ;)

See, I am still not getting it. Was yours the bee, the butterfly or the spider?  We  HAVE to know!!!
 :popcorn:

You know I am just playing. I really do not care unless you are going to show me, then I really, really, really do not care. I just wanna see!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:15:21 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6767 on: July 27, 2018, 11:54:20 AM »

Did the others face their fears in the tattoos too?  :headbang2:

Just me. I've never been a fan of spiders, but that, and forcing myself to read more about them, watch them in the garden, helped a great deal.

Now if I could only talk my BIL into getting a tattoo of a snake... :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6768 on: July 27, 2018, 12:14:21 PM »

I have had the thought that a man should have a snake tat and a woman should have a mongoose tat.

Seems fitting.  Mongoose almost always captures the snake.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6769 on: July 27, 2018, 04:48:51 PM »
Good view of the lunar eclipse. Nice spot outside the village. No people, just kid and me. Some very nice shooting stars too.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6770 on: July 27, 2018, 05:01:12 PM »
Good view of the lunar eclipse. Nice spot outside the village. No people, just kid and me. Some very nice shooting stars too.

As far as I have found, those of us in the "Western Hemisphere"  are not so privileged as to have an opportunity to witness the longest lasting lunar eclipse of the century.

Have fun and maybe light a candle for us poor souls in the Western Hemisphere.

I am glad I am not the only one who looks up and wonders why we do so.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6771 on: July 27, 2018, 05:08:23 PM »
It was an awesome sight and we took our time watching it. First full eclipse for my 17 year old. The chances before there was no clear sky. Conditions now were perfect.

Cats and bats on our walk back home.

Life is good.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6772 on: July 27, 2018, 05:23:24 PM »

It's a pity that you couldn't see it. Here we could see the last half of the eclipse. The moon rose red.

I've been looking up as long as I can remember. With my dad, or on my own when I couldn't sleep as a kid. I had the luck to grow up in a place where the nights were still really dark. No curtains, I could see stars from my bed. But for the best view I had to get up and go to the other side of the house.

I wonder if people nowadays look up less because it's hard to find a dark space.

When I was a teen I had friends who would look up too. I've been stargazing with my kids from a young age on.
Today we walked to find the best place to watch the moon. We encountered quite a few people. But none of them looked up.

Why we look up doesn't puzzle me. Why people don't look up, that amazes me. And I think it's kinda sad.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6773 on: July 27, 2018, 05:59:51 PM »

An excellent point!

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6774 on: July 27, 2018, 08:16:10 PM »
I picked up a very strong indication that IceQueen's tattoo was the black widow spider.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6775 on: July 27, 2018, 11:27:44 PM »
Was able to see some of the lunar eclipse. Awesome!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6776 on: July 28, 2018, 09:08:16 AM »
No eclipse for us here.  :(

The sunset wasn't bad though.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #6777 on: July 28, 2018, 10:52:08 AM »

It's a pity that you couldn't see it. Here we could see the last half of the eclipse. The moon rose red.

I've been looking up as long as I can remember. With my dad, or on my own when I couldn't sleep as a kid. I had the luck to grow up in a place where the nights were still really dark. No curtains, I could see stars from my bed. But for the best view I had to get up and go to the other side of the house.

I wonder if people nowadays look up less because it's hard to find a dark space.

When I was a teen I had friends who would look up too. I've been stargazing with my kids from a young age on.
Today we walked to find the best place to watch the moon. We encountered quite a few people. But none of them looked up.

Why we look up doesn't puzzle me. Why people don't look up, that amazes me. And I think it's kinda sad.

Do you mean stargazing or looking up by itself? I look up a lot. It’s handy I guess, once I saw this gull crapping from above and I got out of the way just in time and it crapped on someone else instead. :laugh:
:dog:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #6778 on: July 28, 2018, 10:59:10 AM »
Probably look up more than I realize. Mom has always found it hilarious when I recall places by describing the ceiling. Even as a kid couldn't understand why that's funny. Some places have very interesting ceilings.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6779 on: July 28, 2018, 11:12:47 AM »
Probably look up more than I realize. Mom has always found it hilarious when I recall places by describing the ceiling. Even as a kid couldn't understand why that's funny. Some places have very interesting ceilings.

I probably know every ceiling flaw in a 10 mile radius.  :laugh: