Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120114 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #6750 on: July 26, 2018, 05:50:27 AM »

That is a reply and specifically to me. You are dishonest and an idiot.

Maybe so, but I'm entitled to change my mind...and I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm a happy one, a little crazy, warm and cozy, loved by my family, and very content.

Go onward now and spread your bitterness and anger. 
The clock's always ticking.

Of bourse you are a redneck hick. But I don't own you like I own my bitch Odeon

Thank fucking heavens you don't moonlight as a tattoo artist.

No I do not make tattoos a part of my life
nor big trucks
nor chewy tobacco
nor banjos
nor hoedowns

That would be your space, and I will let your talk crap about these things as much as you like
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6751 on: July 26, 2018, 07:08:05 AM »
Well at least this "stupid" redneck knows how to use spellcheck.

:razz:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6752 on: July 26, 2018, 12:11:48 PM »

I had a ridiculously big truck, once.
I always chew on my cigars, but simply Chewing Tobacco is repulsive.
I own three banjos, two of which are valuable classic Gibson brand. Very ornate. Can'y play them.
Hoedowns generally suck, but I love attending a weekend bluegrass festival.
Never had a tat, never will.
I own more guns than most sane people would consider and enough ammo to arm half the city.
I fly The American Flag in my front yard.
I grow produce in a small suburban yard.

I hereby claim my redneck status for all time.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #6753 on: July 26, 2018, 01:38:58 PM »
I have an F-150 4x4
Own lots of guns and I reload for everything I own except the .22LR's of course.
No tatoos
No banjos
No chewing tobacco
No country music although bluegrass is OK.

I would consider myself to be rural punk rock as opposed to redneck.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6754 on: July 26, 2018, 06:07:56 PM »
Al isn't a redneck.

More of a bogan really.

https://thingsboganslike.com

Why does #263 seem wildly appropriate?
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6755 on: July 26, 2018, 06:55:07 PM »
I have an F-150 4x4
Own lots of guns and I reload for everything I own except the .22LR's of course.
No tatoos
No banjos
No chewing tobacco
No country music although bluegrass is OK.

I would consider myself to be rural punk rock as opposed to redneck.

I like rural punk rock. Now I love rock of all eras.

I grew up in Texas.
You are either a hippy, sandal wearing communist (had a few "friends" there back in those days), a mexican (notice deliberate use of lower case, meaning no connection to Mexico proper - I had many "friends" there as well, still do, even married one once) or a redneck, which generally means a cowboy (guilty - roped and branded cattle when I was young, tried to "herd them"  at times - that is more difficult than it sounds) goat roper (we never rope goats - they are smart enough to take voice commands) pig scalder (Yes, after hunanely dispatching "Porky's life" and removing the entrails you threw the pig of the month into a vat of boiling water for about three minutes to make it easier to shave/scrape all the fur off).

So, yeah, I still claim my status as a redneck, cowboy, goat roper, pig scalder, Texacan, pepper eatin' gun totin' (never really yodeled, but I can call coyotes to within range) dove hunting, disobedient, flag waving, red blooded ...

I could go on a bit, but the point is made.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6756 on: July 26, 2018, 07:39:31 PM »
My truck only aspires to be a big truck, although it can drink like one some days.

Something about the smell of that wintergreen tobacco that's popular around here I've never got used to. :P

No banjos, although there's always hope...used to play the viola (classical)...eons ago.

Never been to a hoedown, but I did make the Fayette County Fair for "Cigarette" (The Clarks).

1 tattoo...it was a girl's night out dare...I treasure the memory, no regrets. 1 of us got a honey bee, another decided on a butterfly, and the other choose a black widow spider.

The personal armory is well-stocked.

I also grow produce in a small rural yard...and the neighbors down the road (and up) both have chickens (free range).

Raised in a snobby section of NY, married/divorced/re-adopted into a whole family of rednecks. Wouldn't change it for the world.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6757 on: July 26, 2018, 09:23:59 PM »
My truck only aspires to be a big truck, although it can drink like one some days.

Something about the smell of that wintergreen tobacco that's popular around here I've never got used to. :P

No banjos, although there's always hope...used to play the viola (classical)...eons ago.

Never been to a hoedown, but I did make the Fayette County Fair for "Cigarette" (The Clarks).

1 tattoo...it was a girl's night out dare...I treasure the memory, no regrets. 1 of us got a honey bee, another decided on a butterfly, and the other choose a black widow spider.

I also grow produce in a small rural yard...and the neighbors down the road (and up) both have chickens (free range).

Raised in a snobby section of NY, married/divorced/re-adopted into a whole family of rednecks. Wouldn't change it for the world.

All that is well and good and I can applaud most of what you typed, BUT   ---  you described all your girl friends dare tats, BUT NOT YOURS!!! :-\

Inquiring minds and all.
 :eyelash:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6758 on: July 26, 2018, 10:00:13 PM »
What's that show where they try to "fix" really bad tattoos by incorporating them into a better tattoo?

I only watched it the once. This tall, masculine looking dude with a deep voice walks in and shows them his tattoo. They said "what are you doing with a tramp stamp?". And he said "I used to be a chick!".

I wanna be a redneck too. When I (briefly) lived in the US it seemed like the rednecks were having by far the most fun. We even went camping one time and there were lesbian rednecks staying in the next tent.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6759 on: July 26, 2018, 10:54:58 PM »
All that is well and good and I can applaud most of what you typed, BUT   ---  you described all your girl friends dare tats, BUT NOT YOURS!!! :-\

Inquiring minds and all.

Are you sure?  :zoinks:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6760 on: July 27, 2018, 04:48:58 AM »

Inquiring minds and all.

Are you sure?  :zoinks:

No, maybe hers was mentioned and did not catch it in her typing.

... or am I sure that I want to know?

Hell yeah!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6761 on: July 27, 2018, 06:15:42 AM »
Something good...
I received my software testing certificate in the mail today. It was a bit damp and bent but I aired it and put it in my certificate book so it's flat now. It's a pretty fancy certificate, I'm happy with it. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6762 on: July 27, 2018, 06:30:01 AM »
Well at least this "stupid" redneck knows how to use spellcheck.

:razz:

Mostly type short replies on my mobile. No spellcheck there and I am in a hurry when I post from my mobile. Not that it bothers me either way. I am Dyslexic and if I make errors, I am unlikely to see them in the first place. So Why would I care if I make spelling errors?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6763 on: July 27, 2018, 08:19:37 AM »
Got a commendation today and a lot of fuss was made.
I had not realised that the "client" was the area manager a couple of nights ago and represents the head of the biggest dealer group that deals with the new platform, when I helped him out a couple of nights ago. Everyone is kind of scrambling because the project was rushed through without training support or networks or processes in place.
I like the platform and get it and most don't.

It was nice.

However I know too that it is one of two platforms I will be concentrating on going forward and I REALLY don't get the other one.
I am also outpacing most people on my knowledge on the platform but in time that gap will decrease.
I am probably well placed to capitalise on this but have not the social capacity to do anything with this.
I also have set a higher expectation on performance now
There is a colleague who is also about my knowledge and experience and she is competing against me for attention and I think her nose is a little out of joint I got the recognition because she has been putting in a lot of work and not getting much attention for it.

So it was good but not the be all and end all

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6764 on: July 27, 2018, 10:23:57 AM »

Inquiring minds and all.

There were only the three of us...and I've never been the normal one.  ;)