Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120095 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #5760 on: April 17, 2017, 02:15:57 PM »
Enjoyed a delicious fried clam lunch with fresh coleslaw, Carla enjoyed a delicious lobster stew at Bob's Clam Shack in Kittery ME.  The place was crowded, since Maine and Massachusetts celebrate "Patriot's Day" today and kids are off from school in those states.  Then it will be leftover seafood casserole tonight.  It was the best one I've made yet!   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5761 on: April 17, 2017, 05:32:55 PM »
Enjoyed a delicious fried clam lunch with fresh coleslaw, Carla enjoyed a delicious lobster stew at Bob's Clam Shack in Kittery ME.  The place was crowded, since Maine and Massachusetts celebrate "Patriot's Day" today and kids are off from school in those states.  Then it will be leftover seafood casserole tonight.  It was the best one I've made yet!   8)

:boatfish:   Warm weather is great weather for fresh food from the sea!   :fish2:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5762 on: April 17, 2017, 06:06:25 PM »

:boatfish:   Warm weather is great weather for fresh food from the sea!   :fish2:

The clams were pretty fresh and with bellies....where the flavor is.  The tartar sauce was also really good.  Normally I eat clams with ketchup......but, lately I prefer tartar sauce. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5763 on: April 17, 2017, 06:08:58 PM »

The clams were pretty fresh and with bellies....where the flavor is.  The tartar sauce was also really good.  Normally I eat clams with ketchup......but, lately I prefer tartar sauce.

I like to use tartar sauce when I make tuna salad at home, it makes it pop! :pow:

People forget.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5764 on: April 17, 2017, 06:25:23 PM »
Helped WolFish make a delicious pot roast for Easter with potatoes, carrots, little whole onions and gravy. The good part was the eating of it.

That sounds delicious.  Any left?  :puppy:

Why yes actually, what'll you give us for it?  :angel:

Sounds fabulous!  We had a ham with roasted potatoes, carrots and kale from last years garden efforts (I blanch and freeze. We have two twenty five cubic foot freezers in our garage for just such or the odd hunting or fishing trip that proves fruitful)

*drools* The veggies in ours weren't from the garden. My onions did really poorly this year for some reason and didn't develop, even though last year we got a row of little ones. Not sure about next year since we are househunting and probably won't be able to get things into the ground in time. Fingers crossed we can find a space for a better garden though, with higher quality soil. The soil in our little patch at this place is tainted by exhaust from the railway that runs on the other side of the fence, and the row of bushes along the fence have roots growing through part of the area the vegetables might grow.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5765 on: April 17, 2017, 06:41:29 PM »
Helped WolFish make a delicious pot roast for Easter with potatoes, carrots, little whole onions and gravy. The good part was the eating of it.

That sounds delicious.  Any left?  :puppy:

Why yes actually, what'll you give us for it?  :angel:

Sounds fabulous!  We had a ham with roasted potatoes, carrots and kale from last years garden efforts (I blanch and freeze. We have two twenty five cubic foot freezers in our garage for just such or the odd hunting or fishing trip that proves fruitful)

*drools* The veggies in ours weren't from the garden. My onions did really poorly this year for some reason and didn't develop, even though last year we got a row of little ones. Not sure about next year since we are househunting and probably won't be able to get things into the ground in time. Fingers crossed we can find a space for a better garden though, with higher quality soil. The soil in our little patch at this place is tainted by exhaust from the railway that runs on the other side of the fence, and the row of bushes along the fence have roots growing through part of the area the vegetables might grow.

OY, that must be harsh near a rail line.    Especially, in the area of Montreal......the start of planting season must be around early June?  Where we live is around mid-may (seacoast NH).  Our chives, which I transplanted is already sprouting, despite a foot of snow 2 weeks ago.  Even the mint and thyme is showing signs of life.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5766 on: April 17, 2017, 07:05:18 PM »
It can be sooner than that. The tulips are coming up about now and people are starting to turn over the soil in the community gardens. But I'm not an expert by any means.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5767 on: April 17, 2017, 07:20:38 PM »
It can be sooner than that. The tulips are coming up about now and people are starting to turn over the soil in the community gardens. But I'm not an expert by any means.

I haz monies.  :puppy:  :dollar:

People forget.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5768 on: April 17, 2017, 07:35:35 PM »

I'm no expert either.  Mid continent temps can be more predictable more than seacoast temps.  I just learn as I go wherever I live.  Around here the climate can vary by just a few miles.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5769 on: April 17, 2017, 07:40:14 PM »
  I got through the work day, got the shopping done, and I am home relaxing.  :nicegear:

People forget.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5770 on: April 17, 2017, 08:08:02 PM »

I shall send the deliveryman immediately.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5771 on: April 18, 2017, 04:35:19 AM »

I shall send the deliveryman immediately.

Oh bless you!  :puppy:  pot roast pot roast pot roast

People forget.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5772 on: April 18, 2017, 12:10:14 PM »
Finally got my front passenger side tire checked out and fixed.  It's been having a very slow leak, which while it didn't go flat, did trigger the low pressure sensor.  And during warm days it held pressure well, it was only when it got cold.  I thought it might be pothole related, but, turned out to be some kind of staple as reported by the technician.  Fortunately, it didn't cost me anything.  Thank you "Town Fair Tire" in Somersworth NH.    8)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5773 on: April 18, 2017, 02:55:05 PM »
  I read an article online discussing the ways people sabotage their success.  One excellent point made
  was that we often resolve to take up some new pursuit without fully acknowledging that we will
  have to lose a part of our current selves in order to make that dream come true.  The author (David Wong
  of Cracked.com) pointed out that few of us have actual "free time"; even our downtime is generally spent
  doing something we enjoy, even if it's unproductive.  So my reluctance to engage more actively with the
  world makes more sense to me: in doing so, I'll have to give up some of the freewheeling lazy time
  that I find so rejuvenating.  I'm not just being lazy; I'm resisting change because it could deprive
  me of something (unstructured time) that I feel a need for.  Can I do it?  I dunno.  :dunno:

People forget.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5774 on: April 18, 2017, 06:46:12 PM »
  I read an article online discussing the ways people sabotage their success.  One excellent point made
  was that we often resolve to take up some new pursuit without fully acknowledging that we will
  have to lose a part of our current selves in order to make that dream come true.  The author (David Wong
  of Cracked.com) pointed out that few of us have actual "free time"; even our downtime is generally spent
  doing something we enjoy, even if it's unproductive.  So my reluctance to engage more actively with the
  world makes more sense to me: in doing so, I'll have to give up some of the freewheeling lazy time
  that I find so rejuvenating.  I'm not just being lazy; I'm resisting change because it could deprive
  me of something (unstructured time) that I feel a need for.  Can I do it?  I dunno.  :dunno:

I like that.  :orly:
:gopher: