Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120110 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #4995 on: June 03, 2016, 05:58:29 AM »
I did well on my Occupational Health and Safety test. Got the results today. And I have passed all my assignments so far.

And technically it was yesterday.....but I passed my router installation and security test too.

You're inspiring me!  I want to take tests and get certifications too!  :viking:
It's been not too bad! I have had a lot of assignments but they have all been pretty small and so I have been able to do them without too much fuss.

Do they do night classes where you are?

Yes, there is a community college near my neighborhood.  I'd have to figure out what to study.  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4996 on: June 03, 2016, 08:21:29 AM »
pineapple, kiwi and raspberries

Those colors make like a fruity version of succotash.  :orly:
hadn't thought of that. it's impossible to get fresh lima beans here so i have had to eat canned. at least the corn was fresh. lol, i seriously washed them and hoped for the best. It wasn't bad.

the fruit succotash was delicious, however. kiwis here cost a dollar a pound so we always have them. the pineapple is inexpensive as well. the high price is around $4 but they have been around 3 this week. making more for breakfast. last night i realized it was too much sugar for tea.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4997 on: June 03, 2016, 08:24:29 AM »
I did well on my Occupational Health and Safety test. Got the results today. And I have passed all my assignments so far.

And technically it was yesterday.....but I passed my router installation and security test too.
congrats - can you come over to our house? our router bridge failed and given canadian prices, we might afford a plane ticket better than a repair person. (j/k - i did the bridge)
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4998 on: June 03, 2016, 02:36:32 PM »
Rum raisin ice cream

That's called 'boerenjongensijs' in Dutch. Love it.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4999 on: June 03, 2016, 06:08:05 PM »
Made one (of many) dreaded phone call today.  BINGO.  The person actually knew how the system works and what I need to do.

This about getting services for The PR.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5000 on: June 03, 2016, 10:07:35 PM »

congrats - can you come over to our house? our router bridge failed and given canadian prices, we might afford a plane ticket better than a repair person. (j/k - i did the bridge)
Would you believe it (this wasn't tested) but I left the time zone setting alone. My teacher spotted it. It was set to Canada.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Online renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5001 on: June 03, 2016, 10:09:49 PM »

You're inspiring me!  I want to take tests and get certifications too!  :viking:
It's been not too bad! I have had a lot of assignments but they have all been pretty small and so I have been able to do them without too much fuss.

Do they do night classes where you are?

Yes, there is a community college near my neighborhood.  I'd have to figure out what to study.  :orly:
Do IT! It can be pretty fun and interesting. It is so varied.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5002 on: June 03, 2016, 10:40:11 PM »

Would you believe it (this wasn't tested) but I left the time zone setting alone. My teacher spotted it. It was set to Canada.
see? you were meant to come.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Online renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5003 on: June 03, 2016, 10:53:21 PM »
If/when I do my Intensity member visiting, you're definitely on the list. I would love to go to Canada. :)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5004 on: June 04, 2016, 12:25:47 AM »
somehow my class is down to ten people from 19. five of the ones who dropped were plagiarizers from my last class, but the other four were new to me.

Of the ten who are left only four submitted the first assignment. that is always a bad sign. if all of them drop i will have very few students left.

usually students drop when they realize that the course they bought doesn't match mine. generally this happens in week 3, where there is a quiz that i revise for each class iteration. the weird thing is, it's an open book test. given the search function in their readings, they don't even have to know the answer.

it will be easy going with so few papers to grade.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5005 on: June 05, 2016, 03:40:50 PM »
How come so many students buy the wrong course? Aren't the directions what to get clear? Or am I missing something here?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5006 on: June 05, 2016, 08:03:47 PM »
it was sunny all day

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5007 on: June 05, 2016, 10:20:36 PM »
  White chocolate raspberry truffle ice cream, by Haagen-Dazs.  :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Online Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5008 on: June 06, 2016, 05:28:10 AM »
Jump starting my old car worked. I had to clean the terminals first though.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5009 on: June 06, 2016, 10:43:53 AM »
How come so many students buy the wrong course? Aren't the directions what to get clear? Or am I missing something here?
when i say they buy the course i mean they are buying the answers - to all the discussion questions and assignments. this way, for as little as $20US they can just post things and not have to read anything or do any work to pass the course.

when you teach you are given a default course with all the discussion questions and assignments built in so if you don't change anything you can just go in and do your minimum responses and grade papers and get about $1200 for very little work. "Tutoring" sites get this list and create responses that students can buy. none of these strategies work with my classes since i change all the assignments with each iteration and write my own discussion questions. In my research methods class the questions look very similar until the week 3 quiz. that's the point at which many of the plagiarists drop the class.

this time around i had five plagiarists from my previous class who may have grabbed the materials and gone to another kind of "tutoring" site which has people who look at your questions and create responses. this costs more - sometimes it can be $20 for a single question. however if they compared what they bought with what's in this iteration of my class they would find significant differences. all five of the plagiarists dropped the class within a day of start.

later four more dropped so that i now have 10 out of 19 in the class. i am a little worried about what will happen in week 3 - i have identified two other plagiarists, one of whom i have already confronted. it's hard to maintain sufficient discussion with so few students.

#Dancewithgarygopher