Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120114 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #4455 on: October 22, 2015, 06:24:29 PM »
Although I'm sick as a dog, my head is full of good info from todays sessions. Although sitting for the better part of 7 hours listening to someone speak nearly did me in. So happy to be back in my room where it's quiet again.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4456 on: October 22, 2015, 08:23:50 PM »
I've always ignored the flu vaccine because I figured the flu's not that bad and it's one more troublesome thing to do on a list that's usually too long.

I should probably change my mind and do it now. Especially since there's such a high risk to WolFish from me catching things, and people seem to get sick worse and for longer here than they did down south. Plus I'm older. Not that old! But enough that I'm not shaking things off quite as fast.

You however. You're not living close to anyone with a vulnerable immune system (that I know of!) but it sounds like it would be beneficial for you yourself. So, sure, go for it.

I feel like crap again today, but it was a long exhausting day at work with way the fuck too much talking, and I probably just need rest.

" the flu is not that bad"  ... really?  I do not take it lightly.  BUT, everyone in our household is "healthy as a horse,"  as they say.
Myself as well, except for my blood pressure which is controlled with medication. My  doc is always amazed at how "perfect"  my blood work is.

Realize that you are talking to someone who if you can remember (maybe eight years ago in one of my early "sharing" posts) had traveled deep into Mexico and Central America, came home sick with a horrid summer flu, sick as a fucking dying dawg, infected my fiance and three weeks later she died in the hospital of complications related to influenza and pneumonia. As far as anyone knew, there was nothing compromised regarding her immune system. She just got too sick from a flu and did not survive. I did. A truly rough time for me.
The flu CAN be vary BAD!

I know how those Talking days can be, though. Even if you were not just getting over something, you would still need some extended rest and maybe a dose or two of Phuckitol!
 ;)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4457 on: October 22, 2015, 10:18:52 PM »
Yeah maybe the flu is that bad. The kind of infections I get have tended to be skin related rather than gastrointestinal.

I had forgotten how that happened.

I could definitely use some Phukitol.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4458 on: October 23, 2015, 03:51:50 AM »
I had energy! First time in what feels like weeks. Stupid fall viruses.

Good sign!

Hope you get back to you real self, soon.

I am considering taking a flu shot.
It is a "free"  covered benefit for all employees, regardless of whether or not they are enrolled in the "Wellness"  benefit program.

I have done this twice before, once around the turn of this century and once just a month before I went into surgery to have my hip replacement done (trust me - one must be clearly desperate to do this).

The two times I took the vaccine, I did NOT get a cold or flu for the entire year.

It is tempting to take a third one. What do you think?

Offered for free, and backbone of a family needing a strong backbone? Go for it. Most of the times I find flu not that bad. But sometimes it is extremely demanding. (For me about once every 13 years) The older you get, the harder it is to beat a bad case of the flu. And you simply don't have the luxury of taking weeks and weeks on end to recuperate.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4459 on: October 23, 2015, 05:26:40 AM »
I've always ignored the flu vaccine because I figured the flu's not that bad and it's one more troublesome thing to do on a list that's usually too long.

I should probably change my mind and do it now. Especially since there's such a high risk to WolFish from me catching things, and people seem to get sick worse and for longer here than they did down south. Plus I'm older. Not that old! But enough that I'm not shaking things off quite as fast.

You however. You're not living close to anyone with a vulnerable immune system (that I know of!) but it sounds like it would be beneficial for you yourself. So, sure, go for it.

I feel like crap again today, but it was a long exhausting day at work with way the fuck too much talking, and I probably just need rest.

" the flu is not that bad"  ... really?  I do not take it lightly.  BUT, everyone in our household is "healthy as a horse,"  as they say.
Myself as well, except for my blood pressure which is controlled with medication. My  doc is always amazed at how "perfect"  my blood work is.

Realize that you are talking to someone who if you can remember (maybe eight years ago in one of my early "sharing" posts) had traveled deep into Mexico and Central America, came home sick with a horrid summer flu, sick as a fucking dying dawg, infected my fiance and three weeks later she died in the hospital of complications related to influenza and pneumonia. As far as anyone knew, there was nothing compromised regarding her immune system. She just got too sick from a flu and did not survive. I did. A truly rough time for me.
The flu CAN be vary BAD!

I know how those Talking days can be, though. Even if you were not just getting over something, you would still need some extended rest and maybe a dose or two of Phuckitol!
 ;)
My two cents:
If it worked and you didn't get the flu, do it again.
I did not get a flu shot because I was in Florida in December, and it was the first thing I caught when I got here. I thought it was allergies so I didn't see a doctor. I spent two days in the emergency department with the flu and pneumonia and then three or four weeks recovering. When I was in MA and working in the ER, I did get a flu shot and never caught a thing.

This season I started early - caught something Py brought home and am still getting over it. My immune system isn't that good right now.

It is a gamble because sometimes the shot can make you sick. But if they offer it to me here, I am going to consider it. My sister had cancer, but she died of pneumonia. Not pretty.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4460 on: October 23, 2015, 06:58:31 AM »
The second time I had the flu I thought I was dying. I had gone to work that morning completely fine. I had to be driven home. That's how quick it was. I didn't go to the doctor until I needed a time off work certificate because there was no infection. All I could do was have bed rest and drink plenty of fluids.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4461 on: October 23, 2015, 06:11:27 PM »
My daughter is at a sleep over and their is quiet at the house
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4462 on: October 24, 2015, 05:56:52 PM »
Got a refund check from my workman's comp insurance for almost a thousand dollars and out of no where I got a call from someone who owed me money a long time today wanting to settle up :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4463 on: October 24, 2015, 06:40:33 PM »

One of mine is doing that now. And there is quiet at the house. It is so quiet that other kid and I stayed up way too long, enjoying the silence.

:green:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4464 on: October 24, 2015, 07:23:26 PM »

One of mine is doing that now. And there is quiet at the house. It is so quiet that other kid and I stayed up way too long, enjoying the silence.

:green:
:plus:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4465 on: October 24, 2015, 07:26:25 PM »
Sleeping in my own bed. Good to go away, good to come back.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4466 on: October 28, 2015, 01:45:57 AM »
A friendly bus-driver, this morning.

Kid freaked out, because there was a touring car, instead of the regular bus. It would drive the same route, but no way she was getting in. Saw the line bus coming, and hoped it would stop. It was allowed to skip the bus-stop, because there was this other bus, doing the same route, already.

Not only did the bus stop, he also waited and did not hurry slow and confused kid at all. He just grinned and said it was OK.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4467 on: October 28, 2015, 01:47:17 AM »
Other good things; fresh walnuts.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4468 on: October 28, 2015, 04:02:57 AM »
I saw my uni supervisor for the last time, though we will keep in touch via email. She was thrilled with the present I gave her and she gave me a few tips on how to improve my writing. I still have to do a graduation check with the Info people at uni because I am a point short. I got told that they should waive that though. Also got told that the graduation ceremony won't be until March or April next year. That is a long wait.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4469 on: October 28, 2015, 10:36:04 AM »
Long waits can be horrible.

Load of stress from the shoulders of oldest. She now has a massive headache as a reaction. :P

Not due to mentor finally answering questions btw. But due to math teacher telling her some stuff she needed to know.

Still some stress left. But, it is a lot better now.

Made it more pleasant at home too. Past few weeks have been  :GA:  :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: :GA: non stop.

We're going to have a semi in between celebration here tonight.