Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120094 times)

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #4440 on: October 20, 2015, 08:59:27 AM »
I voted today.  :thumbup:

Me too.

Saturday is my day.  I know I'll vote because I'm a poll commissioner (6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m).

What vote is this?

State (governor, lieutenant governor, department officials), local (parish president, councilmen, sheriff, etc.) and 4 state constitutional amendments.

The "something good" being that Jindal isn't on the ballot :)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4441 on: October 20, 2015, 10:15:28 AM »

Me too.

Saturday is my day.  I know I'll vote because I'm a poll commissioner (6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m).

What vote is this?
In my country, it's for a new Prime Minister. He was ousted last night (thankfully, after 10 long years) and the country sent a very strong message that they are done with the Conservative Party for now. The first set of results came from the east coast because their polls close first and the entire Atlantic, was read (Liberal). So anyone from any party who wasn't Liberal, every single one of them lost their seat. It was incredible to watch. That set the tone of the rest of the night. Although the further west you go, the more Conservative the country is until you get to British Columbia.

So now we have a new Prime Minister with an entirely new agenda. The last Prime Minister created a two tier citizenship which was awful. Basically if you weren't born here, you're second class. That's not what Canada has ever been about. Time to do some damage control.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #4442 on: October 20, 2015, 10:22:38 AM »
Is Quebec still trying to leave?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4443 on: October 20, 2015, 04:03:02 PM »
Got an extra $50 from a happy homeowner :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4444 on: October 20, 2015, 04:05:56 PM »
Is Quebec still trying to leave?
Depends on who you ask. A lot of Francophones still want to but it isn't the majority. Back in '95 it was a close race between yes we want to leave, and no we don't want to leave. But "no" won out. There are parts of Quebec where English speaking people are clearly not welcomed and in some places immigrants as well. Quebec is a beautiful place, especially Quebec city (it's like traveling to old world Europe, one of my favourite places in the world and they're extremely welcoming there) but Quebec as a whole is always this weird quirky all on its own and nothing like Canada sort of place.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4445 on: October 20, 2015, 05:16:09 PM »

Me too.

What vote is this?

State (governor, lieutenant governor, department officials), local (parish president, councilmen, sheriff, etc.) and 4 state constitutional amendments.

The "something good" being that Jindal isn't on the ballot :)

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #4446 on: October 21, 2015, 10:47:55 AM »
Got a pooter at the library to check my gmail!   
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4447 on: October 21, 2015, 01:25:52 PM »

Spent about half my day either working in the garden or clearing out things in the garage. (I plan to park my wife's Lincoln in the garage when it snows this winter)

I got a lot of garden clean up done. After three days in a row of sub-freezing temps at night, the garden looks like hell. All the greens are fine and I protected the hot peppers sufficiently, but trimming the shrubs and perennials to get things ready for winter can be a chore. Dividing the labor over several days is my way of continuing to to garden at my age.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #4448 on: October 21, 2015, 04:04:05 PM »
Back To The Future marathon on TV.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4449 on: October 21, 2015, 06:43:45 PM »
I had energy! First time in what feels like weeks. Stupid fall viruses.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4450 on: October 21, 2015, 07:51:59 PM »
The oldest had an awesome time at group. A bunch of aspies and video games always equals a good night. He brought his SNES and games which ended up being a huge hit.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4452 on: October 22, 2015, 12:27:33 AM »

Me too.

What vote is this?
In my country, it's for a new Prime Minister. He was ousted last night (thankfully, after 10 long years) and the country sent a very strong message that they are done with the Conservative Party for now. The first set of results came from the east coast because their polls close first and the entire Atlantic, was read (Liberal). So anyone from any party who wasn't Liberal, every single one of them lost their seat. It was incredible to watch. That set the tone of the rest of the night. Although the further west you go, the more Conservative the country is until you get to British Columbia.

So now we have a new Prime Minister with an entirely new agenda. The last Prime Minister created a two tier citizenship which was awful. Basically if you weren't born here, you're second class. That's not what Canada has ever been about. Time to do some damage control.

This I knew. What I didn't was what QV's vote was about. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4453 on: October 22, 2015, 05:43:54 PM »
I had energy! First time in what feels like weeks. Stupid fall viruses.

Good sign!

Hope you get back to you real self, soon.

I am considering taking a flu shot.
It is a "free"  covered benefit for all employees, regardless of whether or not they are enrolled in the "Wellness"  benefit program.

I have done this twice before, once around the turn of this century and once just a month before I went into surgery to have my hip replacement done (trust me - one must be clearly desperate to do this).

The two times I took the vaccine, I did NOT get a cold or flu for the entire year.

It is tempting to take a third one. What do you think?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4454 on: October 22, 2015, 06:20:23 PM »
I've always ignored the flu vaccine because I figured the flu's not that bad and it's one more troublesome thing to do on a list that's usually too long.

I should probably change my mind and do it now. Especially since there's such a high risk to WolFish from me catching things, and people seem to get sick worse and for longer here than they did down south. Plus I'm older. Not that old! But enough that I'm not shaking things off quite as fast.

You however. You're not living close to anyone with a vulnerable immune system (that I know of!) but it sounds like it would be beneficial for you yourself. So, sure, go for it.

I feel like crap again today, but it was a long exhausting day at work with way the fuck too much talking, and I probably just need rest.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.