Author Topic: What the fuck?!  (Read 1097 times)

Binty

What the fuck?!
« on: November 10, 2011, 08:12:16 PM »
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/photos-of-penn-state-students-rioting-over-the-fir

Here's how (some) Penn State students reacted to the firing of Coach Joe Paterno. If you didn't already know, Paterno was fired because he found out his assistant coach was molesting children back in 2002 and didn't do anything about it.  All of this is so sickening:

I despise humans.

Here is the guy's indictment in case anyone fancies a read: http://www.freep.com/assets/freep/pdf/C4181508116.PDF

Binty

Re: What the fuck?!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 08:14:07 PM »
Is Penn State some kind of moron college for those who couldn't get in anywhere else?

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 08:17:45 PM »
Thats not right , but reading that court case thing was hard , got to a certain point and closed it due to starting to feel nauseous.  :thumbdn:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Binty

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 08:22:38 PM »
Seriously though.  First we had "riots" where people used the shooting of a man to run wild, trash their communities and steal a bunch of shit.  Now people are "rioting" because a football coach covered for his child-molesting buddy and was rightly fired.  I'm just speechless really and almost sympathetic towards those who go on shooting rampages.  A large percentage of today's youth fucking sucks. 

:thumbdn:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:24:22 PM by Binty »

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »
Seriously though.  First we had "riots" where people used the shooting of a man to run wild, trash their communities and steal a bunch of shit.  Now people are "rioting" because a football coach covered up his buddy child molesting.  I'm just speechless really and almost sympathetic towards those who go on shooting rampages.  A large percentage of today's youth fucking sucks. 

:agreed:

Then again , they are the sports students , don't think too highly of them dear.  :zoinks:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Binty

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 08:25:21 PM »
Still.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 08:34:34 PM »

Penn State is actually considered to be a good school. Can't judge the whole university because of a certain percentage of morons.

eris

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 08:52:44 PM »

Penn State is actually considered to be a good school. Can't judge the whole university because of a certain percentage of morons.

It's a good school. Not too far from me. I've seen some concerts there.

Joe Paterno was a very very well loved and respected coach for several decades. From what I understand, his part in this is that someone told him what was happening and he told that person to go to the police and then did not follow up. I dont know what to think, but yeah, he probably should be fired for that.

Binty

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 09:15:10 PM »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 09:16:15 PM »
Seriously though.  First we had "riots" where people used the shooting of a man to run wild, trash their communities and steal a bunch of shit.  Now people are "rioting" because a football coach covered for his child-molesting buddy and was rightly fired.   I'm just speechless really and almost sympathetic towards those who go on shooting rampages.  A large percentage of today's youth fucking sucks. 

I don't know why it is that you believe that Joe Paterno covered up for Jerry Sandusky in any way whatsoever.  Did you not read the pdf link you posted at the end of your original post?

Joe Paterno reported to his immediate supervisor, the athletic director at Penn State, Tim Curley, the very next day what the graduate assistant told him that he had witnessed Jerry Sandusky doing to the child in the locker room.  Then Tim Curley and Gary Shultz met with the graduate student directly about ten days later to find out first hand what it was that he saw.

I think that the protestors wonder why Joe Paterno is being fired when he reported the information which he heard second hand from the graduate student immediately to his boss, who reported it to the University President, Graham Spanier, along with letting him know what steps he had already taken to deal with it.  I think that the person who was the one with the responsibility to report the abuse was "the person in charge of the school or institution" which was not Joe Paterno.

Binty

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 09:26:42 PM »
Seriously though.  First we had "riots" where people used the shooting of a man to run wild, trash their communities and steal a bunch of shit.  Now people are "rioting" because a football coach covered for his child-molesting buddy and was rightly fired.   I'm just speechless really and almost sympathetic towards those who go on shooting rampages.  A large percentage of today's youth fucking sucks. 

I don't know why it is that you believe that Joe Paterno covered up for Jerry Sandusky in any way whatsoever.  Did you not read the pdf link you posted at the end of your original post?

Joe Paterno reported to his immediate supervisor, the athletic director at Penn State, Tim Curley, the very next day what the graduate assistant told him that he had witnessed Jerry Sandusky doing to the child in the locker room.  Then Tim Curley and Gary Shultz met with the graduate student directly about ten days later to find out first hand what it was that he saw.

I think that the protestors wonder why Joe Paterno is being fired when he reported the information which he heard second hand from the graduate student immediately to his boss, who reported it to the University President, Graham Spanier, along with letting him know what steps he had already taken to deal with it.  I think that the person who was the one with the responsibility to report the abuse was "the person in charge of the school or institution" which was not Joe Paterno.

Covering was a wrong word.  I was outraged that people could be so stupid.  He failed to ensure that his report actually did something though.  It's not like he was reporting some kid stealing football equipment, he was reporting a colleague abusing a child.  Most people in his position surely would question why Sandusky was not charged, arrested or even fired at the time.

Binty

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 09:43:48 PM »
Also one can question why he didn't go directly to the police, instead of just reporting it to his superior.

eris

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 10:06:54 PM »

Binty

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 10:09:06 PM »
Yeah I watched that.  Was in the link I posted.  Sad that the voice of reason is usually in the minority in situations like this.

Scrapheap

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 10:53:55 PM »
Seriously though.  First we had "riots" where people used the shooting of a man to run wild, trash their communities and steal a bunch of shit.  Now people are "rioting" because a football coach covered for his child-molesting buddy and was rightly fired.  I'm just speechless really and almost sympathetic towards those who go on shooting rampages.  A large percentage of today's youth fucking sucks. 

Joe Paterno didn't cover up anthing fuckwit!  :finger: Try getting your facts straight first.