Educational

Author Topic: Irrigate spongy  (Read 14748 times)

Offline V

• Good Twin of the WP Modfag of the Aspie Elite
  • Constant Poster
  • _________(feel free to fill the blanks)
Re: Interrogate spongy
« Reply #285 on: October 14, 2011, 10:11:08 AM »
Thanks for making an effort trying to make me feel welcome here but theres no need to do that.

That's just Bodie being Bodie.  She's nice and friendly and a sweet gal.  You will find that almost nobody here has a hidden agenda or ulterior motives. :)
  Well it's all part of a much bigger plan...consisting of luring the
decent mods away from WP and converting them to our noble cause "just head towards the light V,  and don't look back" 
*lots of Vincent Price style laughter*

No, in reality,  we get a few people join,  some post, some don't.  Some just breeze in unnoticed by myself.  Occasionally someone will join and i think
straight away,  yay they will be good here, or they will fit here.  If i get that vibe i make a bigger effort to be nice.  I try to be nice to everyone as a rule.  I don't get into the 'flaming' stuff ever,  and callouts are not for me.  I am too agreeable.  Lots of different moulds fit in here V, and i did think you
would be a good addition.  We are also lacking members in the Mediterranean dept.

You probably wonder why i get called Bodie even though you know from fb my name is Teresa.  Bodaccea is my registered username here.  Same at WP where i have made 9 posts i think!  I was having a 'pirate' moment and changed it to 'English Privateer' 

Oh and i am from Birmingham in the UK.  I live right by the old Austin/Rover
car factory and yes it's a lovely view :zoinks:
Shhh keep it down.
Trying to find a way of getting rid of  moog´s "dictatorship" at the moment, will be hearing offers as soon as thats done<insert evil laugh here>.

Hopefully you are right about being able to fit in here.
"I love that DSM-V is acknowledging sensory issues by including it in the diagnostic criteria. However, I would like to propose to DSM that a new one be included called "DKSA" (aka "Dont' Know Shit about Aspergers")" Rudy Simone

eris

« Reply #286 on: October 14, 2011, 10:12:39 AM »
yes that can be helpful. This place will teach you to stick up for yourself and harden up.

Also remember here that sometimes you will see what appears to be friends really fighting each other. A lot of time people here will argue and remain friends.

So, go one. Get mad at someone. As long as you have in your own mind a reason for getting mad, no one will mind. And the person you tell to fuck off might respect you for it.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #287 on: October 14, 2011, 10:22:16 AM »

3 Never measured my penis(Who does that?)

Every man alive, ever.
:agreed:

I've never measured mine , never seen the point in it really.  :P
Point? I don't suppose you would unless it's an anteater. Mine is a helmet, no point.  :viking:

I didn't understand a word of that. :dunce:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

P7PSP

« Reply #288 on: October 14, 2011, 10:31:06 AM »
http://blog.missfitzinc.com/ Read and learn young Squid.  :laugh:

eris

« Reply #289 on: October 14, 2011, 10:34:29 AM »
uncircumcised willies look weird. I guess I shouldn't move to Europe.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #290 on: October 14, 2011, 10:45:37 AM »
Well I think that what he means is that you dont need to work on .... anything

You can be yourself here and people will say thing to you directly and not be sneaky. Here someone can tell you to fuck off and eat a dick . So if someone is mad at you they will say so and not be sneaky about it.

And the comfort and safety in that is that our friendships are sincere and not forced.
He may not have said anything but I have issues confronting others irl and I believe that trying to approach a somewhat combative attitude could be helpfull on this area and I could learn a few things from it without getting as wounded as I would if it happened irl.

Many of our most popular and favorite members do not have a combative bone in their body.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #291 on: October 14, 2011, 10:47:57 AM »
INdeed and or that very reason spongy should do a joint callout on odeon and MLA.

(OK it doesn't make much sense but bourbon fairies are steering the rudder)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

midlifeaspie

« Reply #292 on: October 14, 2011, 10:48:48 AM »
INdeed and or that very reason spongy should do a joint callout on odeon and MLA.

(OK it doesn't make much sense but bourbon fairies are steering the rudder)

T'would be fun.  I would love to collaborate with Odeon in a joint callout.  :laugh:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #293 on: October 14, 2011, 12:00:37 PM »

:lol:

Right I get it now , although should I be concerned you know more about penis than I do?  :orly:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Psychophant

« Reply #294 on: October 14, 2011, 12:17:59 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkaaay.  I need to go take a nap or the pain meds are kicking in.... :yawn:

I just read the title of this thread as......"Irrigate Spongy".     :-[

Reading computer while  :sleepy:

eris

« Reply #295 on: October 14, 2011, 12:21:34 PM »
I keep reading the pre-crime thread as the pre-cum thread

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #296 on: October 14, 2011, 12:47:11 PM »

You can be yourself here and people will say thing to you directly and not be sneaky. Here someone can tell you to fuck off and eat a dick . So if someone is mad at you they will say so and not be sneaky about it.

And the comfort and safety in that is that our friendships are sincere and not forced.
He may not have said anything but I have issues confronting others irl and I believe that trying to approach a somewhat combative attitude could be helpfull on this area and I could learn a few things from it without getting as wounded as I would if it happened irl.

Is it an assertive attitude you are hoping to approach rather than a combative one?  An assertive attitude means you confront someone calmly and with respect rather than with raised voices, clenched fists, and threats.

For example, the other day I was in a movie theater with my husband and daughter.  The lights had been dimmed and the funny commercial for silencing cell phones and no texting had already played although the movie had not started yet when someone right in front of us started obviously texting on his cell phone.  The reason for not texting is that the glow of the screen is distracting to the other people who are trying to watch the movie. 

A non-confrontational response would have been to say nothing and hope that the person stopped texting when the movie started.  A more combative response would have been to tell the person to stop texting or else I would go get a manager to throw him and his cell phone out of the theater.  What I did was to ask the person if he was going to be finished texting by the time the movie started and he finished the text he was working on and put his cell phone away.

P7PSP

« Reply #297 on: October 14, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »

:lol:

Right I get it now , although should I be concerned you know more about penis than I do?  :orly:
You're not the boss of me.  :hahaha: Knowledge is a good thing.

Offline V

• Good Twin of the WP Modfag of the Aspie Elite
  • Constant Poster
  • _________(feel free to fill the blanks)
« Reply #298 on: October 14, 2011, 03:40:07 PM »

Is it an assertive attitude you are hoping to approach rather than a combative one?  An assertive attitude means you confront someone calmly and with respect rather than with raised voices, clenched fists, and threats.

For example, the other day I was in a movie theater with my husband and daughter.  The lights had been dimmed and the funny commercial for silencing cell phones and no texting had already played although the movie had not started yet when someone right in front of us started obviously texting on his cell phone.  The reason for not texting is that the glow of the screen is distracting to the other people who are trying to watch the movie. 

A non-confrontational response would have been to say nothing and hope that the person stopped texting when the movie started.  A more combative response would have been to tell the person to stop texting or else I would go get a manager to throw him and his cell phone out of the theater.  What I did was to ask the person if he was going to be finished texting by the time the movie started and he finished the text he was working on and put his cell phone away.
An assertive one, combat just isnt my kind of thing.
"I love that DSM-V is acknowledging sensory issues by including it in the diagnostic criteria. However, I would like to propose to DSM that a new one be included called "DKSA" (aka "Dont' Know Shit about Aspergers")" Rudy Simone

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #299 on: October 14, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »
Spongy, do not look for backstabbing or sneaky skullduggery here. The reason that kind of behaviour exists is because people have to fear a reprisal fro a direct attack. they fear banning or censrship.
Here we do not.
Here, IF you try and be subtle or sneaky you will be lined up and hit in the face from in front. The mods and admin will do nothing.
That said, ironically there is safety there too. There is no need for false pretense and sly undermining.
If you have an issue with someone you are perfectly OK to say "Al you are a dickhead. Biggest Dickhead I have seen around the Autistic community. I think you are a hypocritical, lying, conniving, worthless sack of shit and likely a pedophile to boot." would not be nice. Would you get banned for this? No. Would you have me lodge my size 10's in your rectal cavity? More than likely. Would anyone here jump to my defence? No. They are all likely to open a peanut gallery and post 'Holy shit, this will not end well" and pass popcorn. This is the truth of things. It is recognising the difference in this approach which will allow you to see past the whole "what happens on forums mindset".
The other side of the ledger, IF someone attacks you and you think you can cast down their claims and backfoot them, do it! no one will REALLY care if you win or lose, they will simply be interested in you having a go and how you carry yourself. Sounds weird but it is true. act like a dropkick or drop your bundle or post inconsequentialities and they will not be impressed but if you hang tough and give your all, people will respect that.
don't want to fight? You will not be alone here. most people do not surprisingly.
Oh, what is you make a mistake??? Apologise. Look around here and see here who is not a spazz. All of us are. we accept people fuck up. We all do. Man up and you will get kudos.
See there is a great deal of merit in the culture here, it is just a bit different (and dysfunctional) but then so are we.

Al, you are a complete dickhead, devoid of personality and with the callout skills of a retarded five year old dog. You live on borrowed time, forever trembling for someone actually speaking their mind about you, but that's I2. Tells a lot about you, doesn't it? :zoinks:

See how this works, Spongy? Not only do admins let the bullying happen while looking the other way, they set the example.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein