Educational

Author Topic: Irrigate spongy  (Read 14744 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Interrogate spongy
« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2011, 12:16:46 PM »
Nah, WP issues are not all that interesting.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline V

• Good Twin of the WP Modfag of the Aspie Elite
  • Constant Poster
  • _________(feel free to fill the blanks)
« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2011, 12:23:54 PM »
You should have joined under an assumed name if you really wanted to see how things work here. Another thought would be trying not to restrict your topics to only WP or people will only see you as that,  there is so much more to post about.   MLA did much of the same thing when he first joined and was given much of the same treatment you are currently although nobody here had the familiarity with the current mods and goings on at wp as he does
I mainly wanted to explain myself and joining under a fake name would have made no sense on that issue.

I´ll have a look at other threads that are interesting when I have time.

"I love that DSM-V is acknowledging sensory issues by including it in the diagnostic criteria. However, I would like to propose to DSM that a new one be included called "DKSA" (aka "Dont' Know Shit about Aspergers")" Rudy Simone

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »
You should have joined under an assumed name if you really wanted to see how things work here. Another thought would be trying not to restrict your topics to only WP or people will only see you as that,  there is so much more to post about.   MLA did much of the same thing when he first joined and was given much of the same treatment you are currently although nobody here had the familiarity with the current mods and goings on at wp as he does
I mainly wanted to explain myself and joining under a fake name would have made no sense on that issue.

I´ll have a look at other threads that are interesting when I have time.

Don't worry, I did much the same when I joined; Looked for every mention of AFF and worked out if I gave a fuck or no.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2011, 12:32:13 PM »
You *will* be assimilated.  :borg:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2011, 12:33:51 PM »

Or run away early on, or pitch a fit sometime down the road a la TCO.  These are really the only choices.

Offline V

• Good Twin of the WP Modfag of the Aspie Elite
  • Constant Poster
  • _________(feel free to fill the blanks)
« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2011, 01:15:48 PM »
Do you have cookies on the dark side?
"I love that DSM-V is acknowledging sensory issues by including it in the diagnostic criteria. However, I would like to propose to DSM that a new one be included called "DKSA" (aka "Dont' Know Shit about Aspergers")" Rudy Simone

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2011, 01:18:42 PM »

Yes and brownies too
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Psychophant

« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2011, 01:36:49 PM »
Don't forget ice cream!!!   :2thumbsup:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2011, 03:14:35 PM »

Of course we do:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2011, 03:36:06 PM »
:rofl:  :plus:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #220 on: October 13, 2011, 03:47:54 PM »
@Calavera and MidLifeAspie yes a_w had her issues(as does everyone if you ask me)however she didnt try to impose her views on me at any time and she was honestly a nice person if you were able to look past her religious stuff/her fear of being attacked( as its proven by the fact that she has been mentioned at several of those who do you miss? threads)

Oh, well. She's harming herself by slandering someone who was supposed to be her friend. Can't do much about it.

Osensitive1

« Reply #221 on: October 13, 2011, 04:13:04 PM »
Ive received quite a few suggestions to stick around and try to work on the problems that there are between both sites  and I think that its a great idea but given the way that wp/I^2 treat each other at the moment Im not sure it would work.
Screw the go between route; true it won't work anyway. Just hang out. Don't worry; be spongy.

I should fly out to Jack's house next summer, when the heat drives me mad, and ask nicely
 for one of these fruity treats.  I'm sure Jack will make one just for me!   :2thumbsup:
And in whatever color/flavor you wish.

Fuck me...you and Jack. I am fucking useless.

Sorry guys.
No need to sorry. Jack doesn't mind these things.

Jack feel free to call me whatever nickname you wish
Will refer to you as spongy; just letting you know what it really sounds like though.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #222 on: October 13, 2011, 05:31:24 PM »
Agreed
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

P7PSP

« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2011, 05:35:22 PM »
Ive received quite a few suggestions to stick around and try to work on the problems that there are between both sites  and I think that its a great idea but given the way that wp/I^2 treat each other at the moment Im not sure it would work.
Screw the go between route; true it won't work anyway. Just hang out. Don't worry; be spongy.
Agreed
:agreed: Fuck that go between shit. I2 and WP never will be similar to each other. Anyone @ WP is free to join here if they choose, likewise several of us have WP accounts.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #224 on: October 13, 2011, 05:41:37 PM »
Well Ive noticed that I missed a few comments due to the amount of activity this thread has had, its nothing personal, just that Ive been unable to keep up with all youve written.

First off thanks to those that tried to help me but it has already been pointed out to me that I dont need to answer every question and if I think someone is  offensive towards me/attacking me I can just ignore their questions. Having said that I´d like to take this as an opportunity to develop a better way of standing  up for myself so feel free to be as offensive as you wish and I´ll try my best to find a suitable answer to your questions.

I have no issue with the popcorn, provided that the member in question shares it.

English_Practicioneer Sorry I missed your question about where I was from(truly am since she is one of the few that tried to talk things instead of making assumptions on what I was saying on fb)

Sorry if this has turned out like a spanish inquisition Spongy.  I invited you here, as did butterflies,  so you could see we weren't the mean people TCO painted us to be.  I had no idea all these issues would come up about WP simply because i don't go there.

New members are not normally scrutinised this way.

I thought you were being misled on the fb page, and wanted to contact you to put you in the picture.   I am glad that you were able to see sense.  My impression of you is that you are honest and genuinely helpful.  I am guessing these traits were noticed over at WP and the reason you were approached to become a mod.  Although i don't go there, i have no real grudge with the place but feel that i should warn you not to let Alex take advantage of your good nature.  I have heard  many accounts of his dubious integrity i think it is fair to say he is bent as a two bob note.  Just my experience makes me think there is way too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

Chances are somewhere down the line you will find these things out for yourself but until such time i wish you luck and moderating will at least be good experience.

No, you aren't under any obligation to answer questions if you don't want to.  This is not a callout.  You are only twenty years old and are not doing yourself a favour at all by offering to iron out things you can't possibly be responsible for.  I know you are just being helpful but you will end up getting involved in stuff and possibly blamed too. 

I could give you the following advice in a pm but it seems a bit wanky to do so..so here it is

"Change your stance,  and adopt a "so what" attitude about being a mod at WP.  There are no rules here to say you have to be the peacekeeper just because you mod somewhere else.  Do it now, and save yourself a load of agro.  Don't be a scapegoat.  You will get little thanks from either site.  You came here saying you are quite happy to explain things and look...your reward has been the inquisition from hell.  I think you should hang your WP hat on the door when you come in.  You are not their mediator.  Fair enough if you feel like helping someone when something crops up- fine :thumbup:  Just don't advertise it.  I am not saying you should not speak about it,  there is often a thread going on about WP anyway, i am just saying don't set yourself up to being a mediator/ambassador/spokesman for WP unless there is a fat pile of cash in it for you.  There is a top bloke on here with something very apt in his sig  which reads  "and Harden the Fuck up"

I wouldn't even try to tell people how they should or should not behave towards you.  However i can justify giving you this hint as i actually personally invited you here.

Probably won't take it on board anyway.  I didn't take advice when i was twenty.

I wouldn't blame you if you decide not to hang around here - in fact if my welcome thread had gone like this i would have left by now.  Thumbs up to you for still being here, so hang up your WP hat and tell us about YOU
blah blah blah