Educational

Author Topic: OMFG Steve has totally flipped  (Read 20926 times)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
Re: OMFG Steve has totally flipped
« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2011, 06:47:15 PM »
But do you think he is lying because he thinks he will be accepted if he is aspie, ? Or do you think he is lying just to play with peoples heads ?
I think I made myself clear in the call out about what I think steve's motives are on autism sites. Acceptance wasn't it.

Gaining satisfaction from taking the piss out of autistics right?

It wouldn't suprise me.

I don't believe that. I think it's far more likely that he hung out with aspies because most NTs wouldn't want anything to do with him.
I think he thought we were as retarded as he is.

Fair point.

But given what he's said i'm not sure what to think at all.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2011, 07:01:09 PM »
But do you think he is lying because he thinks he will be accepted if he is aspie, ? Or do you think he is lying just to play with peoples heads ?
I think I made myself clear in the call out about what I think steve's motives are on autism sites. Acceptance wasn't it.

It wouldn't suprise me.

I don't believe that. I think it's far more likely that he hung out with aspies because most NTs wouldn't want anything to do with him.

Fair point.

Steve isn't capable of taking the piss out of anyone. He just said the nasty stuff about aspies in a sad pathetic attempt to save face. When he is angry, he lashes out at everyone around him, and if they're aspies, he will say shit about aspies.
I promise you. Steve is no master troll. He is a sad angry brain-damaged man, who is incapable of self-control.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #227 on: October 12, 2011, 07:02:43 PM »

It wouldn't suprise me.

Fair point.

Steve isn't capable of taking the piss out of anyone. He just said the nasty stuff about aspies in a sad pathetic attempt to save face. When he is angry, he lashes out at everyone around him, and if they're aspies, he will say shit about aspies.
I promise you. Steve is no master troll. He is a sad angry brain-damaged man, who is incapable of self-control.

Oh I don't think he is a master troll.
I just wonder if he coes on here to laugh at others but end ups getting the piss taken out of him.

Anyway , I'm too tired to talk about this right now , I'm off to bed night you lot.  :P :P
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

eris

« Reply #228 on: October 12, 2011, 07:03:48 PM »
Goodnight squid. Dream of tall, Dominant men with nice legs.

Psychophant

« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2011, 07:22:18 PM »
Goodnight squid. Dream of tall, Dominant men with nice legs.

Seconded

Now I'm off to dream about tall voluptuous women in long form hugging black dresses with cleavage!  Black hair and brown eyes.  Oh wait, thats my girlfriend!!!   :eyebrows:

Osensitive1

« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2011, 07:24:35 PM »
He just said the nasty stuff about aspies in a sad pathetic attempt to save face. When he is angry, he lashes out at everyone around him, and if they're aspies, he will say shit about aspies.
Though that doesn't really explain his behavior when he isn't agry or 'saving face'. Would view the 'poor me' and 'just a meltdown' bits as saving face.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #231 on: October 12, 2011, 07:30:34 PM »
He just said the nasty stuff about aspies in a sad pathetic attempt to save face. When he is angry, he lashes out at everyone around him, and if they're aspies, he will say shit about aspies.
Though that doesn't really explain his behavior when he isn't agry or 'saving face'. Would view the 'poor me' and 'just a meltdown' bits as saving face.

I'm not sure about that. I think his abuse of aspies is his way of trying to pretend that he's a super-troll, rather than a butthurt loser.

It's possible that we're basing our opinions on different things though. I think the reality is that he has enough psychological problems to write a book about him. He probably has personality disorders that are unique to him. Almost everything he does is probably the result of one of his disorders.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2011, 07:33:22 PM »
It could just be due to one particular personality disorder (not necessarily a multitude of them).

midlifeaspie

« Reply #233 on: October 12, 2011, 07:36:55 PM »
I'm half expecting him to turn up here next, wanting to fight someone, probably me or MLA.

Only half?  His play for WP didn't work out, where else is he going to turn where he knows he will never be booted no matter how he acts?

Quote from: Karen Autistas Angeles Halabura
Hugs Rod Craven this place is allowing the bullying to continue and there's no end and I for one need a positive environment. Rod there is a closed group called international aspermen or international aspergers something like that its run by Lisa Aspie Mum maybe she can help u

What a good idea. I wonder how long he'll last there until he threatens to beat up Lisa Aspie Mum :LOL:

I almost wish I could be there to time it.  How many different forums do you think he burned through before landing here?  It makes me chuckle to consider it.

eris

« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2011, 07:41:35 PM »
It could just be due to one particular personality disorder (not necessarily a multitude of them).

80% of people that have a PD have more than one. Just sayin'

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2011, 07:43:47 PM »

80% of people that have a PD have more than one. Just sayin'

Source?

eris

« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2011, 07:46:32 PM »
Ive read that in a few places, sometimes the numbers are slightly off but similar. I'll look something up. I've read a lot about PDs.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2011, 08:02:31 PM »
Ive read that in a few places, sometimes the numbers are slightly off but similar. I'll look something up. I've read a lot about PDs.

I wouldn't be surprised at the figure, but it includes all minor PDs. People like Meadow and Steve have far more serious PDs than most of us will ever deal with.

I might have Avoidant Personality Disorder for instance.

eris

« Reply #238 on: October 12, 2011, 08:05:05 PM »
I'm serching for the co-morbidity of personality disorders. All say "often" but little numbers. I did get the number 80% when referring to Borderlines.

Here is a source that says 66% of any PD with any PD

http://www.psybc.com/pdfs/library/DepPersDisorder_Co_Morbidity.pdf

One clear problem is the high degree of overlap between the frequency of
DPD and main text PD diagnoses (see Table 1). For example, McDermut et
al. (2003) reported that of those individuals who met criteria forDPD according
to the Structured Interview for DSM–IV Personality Disorders (Pfohl,
Blum,&Zimmerman, 1997), 66% also met criteria for another PD. The highest
rates of comorbidity were for avoidant (43%), borderline (22%), obsessive–
compulsive (21%), and paranoid (16%). All other disorders had overlap
rates of less than 10%. Similarly, using DSM–III–R (APA, 1987) criteria for
PDs, assessed with the Personality Disorder Examination (PDE; Loranger,
1988) and Akiskal’s (1983) criteria for DPD, Klein and Shih (1998) reported
that 58% of individuals who met this criteria for DPD also met criteria for another
PD. Borderline (26%), avoidant (20%), histrionic (17%), and paranoid
(16%) had the highest rates of comorbidity. All other PDs had overlap rates
less than 6%. Although the individual overlap rates of DSM main text PDs
with DPD are not excessive, the overall rate of overlap is large and suggests
that the addition of DPD may exacerbate existing difficulties associated with
the high comorbidity rates among main text PDs.

Most people with PD's have many symptoms from a range of different PDs, and there is often a primary and secondary diagnoses. Some are very similar and are 'clustered' together. Borderlines often have Histrionic features, Scitzoypial are often Paranoid, etc. And very very few people have all the symptoms of something. There are a lot of "subtypes" and mixtures that are recognized by Theodore Million . A particular interesting person is the passive-agressive, borderline-avoidant ;)

Here some quack explains it.

Quote from: Mark Dombeck, Ph.D
To answer your first question, it is appropriate to diagnose each personality disorder type separately if sufficient criteria are met for each of them to support the diagnosis. For instance, if full criteria were met for each personality disorder you've listed, you would just diagnose the personality disorders you've listed. I've also seen some clinicians make a diagnosis of Mixed Personality Disorder with X, Y and Z traits although this is not strictly by the (DSM-IV) book. If some criteria are met in each area, but not enough in any one of them to make a formal and supportable diagnosis in that area, the appropriate diagnosis is Personality Disorder NOS (not otherwise specified) with X, Y, and Z (or whatever) traits).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:13:12 PM by eris »

eris

« Reply #239 on: October 12, 2011, 08:06:21 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised at the figure, but it includes all minor PDs. People like Meadow and Steve have far more serious PDs than most of us will ever deal with.

I might have Avoidant Personality Disorder for instance.

There are 13-14 Pds, and none are really "minor", just different degrees of severity. And there are a lot of subtypes and mixes. For instance, Borderlines are often considered sever because 10% of them end up trying to kill themselves.

I think I am Avoidant PD too.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:09:02 PM by eris »