Author Topic: I'm a hardcore Christian - Let's play.  (Read 5818 times)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
I'm a hardcore Christian - Let's play.
« on: September 21, 2011, 08:16:36 PM »
I'm bored at the moment, so this thread now exists. Throughout the whole of this thread, I will pretend to be a fundamentalist Christian and see how you guys debate with a seemingly intelligent believer. Just play along. Starting from the next paragraph, I am a fundamentalist Christian.

Hey, guys. Nice interesting forum you have here. And some nice interesting people. Just thought I'd share this link with you all:

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/goodperson.shtml

It's a fun quiz to do, but it is also a very serious one. Since I care, I posted a link to it for all you guys to give it a go and, consequently, think about the eventual fate for each of you members here.

Some here may think there is no God, and others here may think we are all good enough to be in heaven with God. And that is fine to a certain extent. I think it's fair to say we've all thought as such. But there comes a time when we need to really be serious when pondering certain spiritual matters regardless of what we believe. As a result of pondering and eventually praying to God, I am now a Christian who's experienced God's salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ. And what a joy! I wish you guys to experience the same thing I've experienced.

Please, any questions about God and His salvation, feel free to ask. Note that I am an Aspie just like you guys. I understand the struggles we have to go through as Aspies.

God bless.

In Christ.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: I'm a hardcore Christian - Let's play.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
If God created everything, then surely he created other religions, or at least our capacity to create new religions.
If you follow one of these other religions you will go to hell.
In many countries, Christianity is practically forbidden, or barely known.

In what way is God being fair or just by casting someone into Hell, simply for having the misfortune of being born into another religion, and having no realistic option of becoming Christian?

And I scored 2 out of ten in the quiz. I have never murdered or commited adultery :laugh:

P7PSP

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 09:03:02 PM »
I'm guilty of breaking 7 out of 10 commandments.  :'( >:D

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 09:06:37 PM »

I assume you must never have stolen then :dunno:

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 09:09:45 PM »
If God created everything, then surely he created other religions, or at least our capacity to create new religions.

In what way is God being fair or just by casting someone into Hell, simply for having the misfortune of being born into another religion, and having no realistic option of becoming Christian?

And I scored 2 out of ten in the quiz. I have never murdered or commited adultery :laugh:

Apparently, if you have even thought of committing adultery, then you have committed adultery in your heart, or some shit like that.

That quiz is full of bullshit and it is one of the biggest reasons Christians convert to Atheism. This "God" person doesn't seem to know anything about what truly makes a "good" person. Instead, he's just a really selfish and narcissistic bastard. :wanker:

EDIT: Oh, I scored a 1. Lowest score so far! :zoinks:

If I had scored a zero, I'd be in prison.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:13:39 PM by Stultus Saxum »

P7PSP

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 09:11:54 PM »

I was arrested for stealing a car when I was 18. I didn't accept the 2nd commandment guilty premise as defined by the narrator.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 09:33:06 PM »
Hi, Butterflies. Interesting questions. Are butterflies part of your special interest as an Aspie (assuming you are)?

Ah, religion. Surely, any religion that tells you that you need to be good and obey God's commandments in order to be saved is a religion that will definitely send any of its adherents to hell.

Religion is not the way to God. Jesus Christ Himself is.

Note what Jesus Christ says in John:

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus said He Himself is the way, not religion.

The Qur'an preaches Islam as the way to Allah, modern Judaism preaches the commandments as the means to YHWH, Roman Catholicism preaches that good works and faith are what lead to the Father, and Buddhism also (in a sense) preaches good deeds for "salvation".

But let's face it. Can any of us humans confidently say that we can be perfect enough to be with God with our very limited deeds and a nature that's inclined to sin anyway?

I think not.

We've all sinned, all fallen short of God's glory ... as Romans 3:23 states. None of us can be justified by God's holiness with our deeds.

So we need Jesus Christ.

Religion ... Why do all sorts of religions exist? Because of man mostly. Man wants to please God and be protected by him, but he, being fallen by nature, doesn't want to do it on God's terms. Thus, he follows God through a religion of his choice, according to his own desires and goals.

However, that is just not the way to be saved.

True, but God doesn't want us to know the religion called "Christianity". He wants us to get to know His Son, Jesus Christ.

Christianity, my friend, is not a religion. It's a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

God says in the Bible that every man, no matter the circumstances, can know God. No man is spared of the opportunity to know God.

Here's the thing, though.

No one is going to hell for being born here or there or whatever.

Man is a sinner by nature. And unless that nature in him is legally retributed for, the only just thing for God to do would be to have him be sent to hell.

It's unfortunate.

However ...

The Good News (the Gospel) is that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for the sins of ALL of us, not just those who were born into Christian families.

Why did God do this?

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Whoever believes in Jesus as the Son shall not perish but shall be saved. It says "whoever" ... not "professing Christians".

Wow, you must be quite a good person compared to many others. I basically failed them all. :)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 09:34:15 PM »

Apparently, if you have even thought of committing adultery, then you have committed adultery in your heart, or some shit like that.
That quiz is full of bullshit and it is one of the biggest reasons Christians convert to Atheism. This "God" person doesn't seem to know anything about what truly makes a "good" person. Instead, he's just a really selfish and narcissistic bastard. :wanker:

Adultery, according to wiki anyway, is infidelity to ones spouse. I've never had a spouse. I obviously have thought about sex with other people though.

I was arrested for stealing a car when I was 18. I didn't accept the 2nd commandment guilty premise as defined by the narrator.

I used to steal sweeties out of the sweet shop next to my school in primary school. I once also stole all the money in the tuckshop till when I was in secondary school. I think I got away with about £40, and created a school-wide scandal. They even held an emergency assembly for all the pupils and the Head came along to try and get a confession. I never got caught :green:

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 09:39:12 PM »

You're not alone. That is why we all need Jesus Christ for our salvation.

Will you submit your heart to him and give up all your sinfulness to him so that you may live and have eternal life rather than death?

P7PSP

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 09:43:26 PM »
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

I never got caught :green:
I never got convicted. :razz:

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 09:46:17 PM »

Not just that. If you've ever hated someone, you've already committed murder in your heart.

Well, well, a young man who thinks he knows better than God. ;)

That is fine. Just don't expect God to give you mercy if you refuse His mercy.

So far, you're condemned to hell. So what will you do to get yourself saved, dear sinner?

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 09:47:43 PM »
Fuck it. This is the worst thread I have ever seen on here. :thumbdn:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 09:47:53 PM »
I am aspie, but butterflies aren't an interest. An old friend created the picture that I use as my avatar and gave me it as a present. I had no idea what to call myself, but I knew what my avatar would be, so I went with Butterflies because my avatar had butterflies in it. Now I'm not sure I like my n ame, or my avatar, but I can't really change one without changing the other.

I'm not sure that makes sense to me. If I'm born in Iran, I am practically forced to be Muslim. It seems unfair to send that person to hell if he's a good person, if he has no real way to find Jesus.
Same applies to someone born in a remote tribe. May never have heard of Jesus. Why should they be doomed to hell?

My next question is, God gives us free will, but if we do not follow his wishes we go to hell. Is that fai?
If I pull a gun on someone, and say to them "you don't have to give me your money, you have a choice, but if you choose not to give me your money, I will blow your brains out." Am I really giving him a choice? Am I giving him free will on the matter?

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »

Do you think stealing is something to be proud of?

What if someone else stole your own car?

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 10:00:08 PM »
I am god in my own frame of reference. We're our own gods. Yep, I'm Lucifer (that guy in hell, not the former user here obviously lol), so sue me. :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.