Educational

Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67491 times)

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #1425 on: July 19, 2012, 06:57:27 AM »
Watching a morning news show on tv and contemplating how to go about everything I need to get done today.  :apondering:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1426 on: July 19, 2012, 09:21:28 AM »
I am making a 'thank you' card to Mrs Sherratt who is the teaching assistant at urchins school.  She spends 22 hours a week with him.

I wouldn't normally be a creepy bumlick to a teacher (never was a teachers pet) but she deserves this card along with the huge bouquet of flowers she will get tomorrow on the last day.

In the beginning she was kicked, punched, bitten, had her hair pulled and her glasses got launched across the classroom -  she never moaned or made a fuss or even flinched.  She has never had a day off and has been a continuous positive influence!  He no longer gets sent to headmaster's office and i was thrilled with his first school report.  She has put some of her own time to work with my child and often goes above and beyond the call of duty. :viking:

A few weeks ago i had to attend several meeting about whether Birmingham City Council would continue to part fund her work (he goes to a Worcester school) and i saw her outside.  She was in tears in case they didn't (they did btw) and although she would still have had a job as she would just go back to helping a Worcester special ed. needs child she was saying "I don't know what i will do if i don't get him (urchin) next year, i love him so much, he is like the son i never had"   ahh Bless

She is one of the lowly paid unsung heroes and whatever it is they pay her -  isn't enough!

Praise Mrs Sherratt :roses: :worship:

We need more people like her. My son had someone like that in his last school before I pulled him. What a huge positive influence that person had. I know the gratitude that you feel. So glad Urchin has her again next year. :hug:

My son's got a teacher like that. Never a complaint, always positive and encouraging. She's fab.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1427 on: July 19, 2012, 11:05:11 AM »
Letters sent to all the appropriate "in-charge's" with a copy to her is definitely called for.  They need to know the positives that she has done.  We all too often send complaints, too seldom send compliments.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1428 on: July 19, 2012, 04:12:57 PM »
I am making a 'thank you' card to Mrs Sherratt who is the teaching assistant at urchins school.  She spends 22 hours a week with him.

I wouldn't normally be a creepy bumlick to a teacher (never was a teachers pet) but she deserves this card along with the huge bouquet of flowers she will get tomorrow on the last day.

In the beginning she was kicked, punched, bitten, had her hair pulled and her glasses got launched across the classroom -  she never moaned or made a fuss or even flinched.  She has never had a day off and has been a continuous positive influence!  He no longer gets sent to headmaster's office and i was thrilled with his first school report.  She has put some of her own time to work with my child and often goes above and beyond the call of duty. :viking:

A few weeks ago i had to attend several meeting about whether Birmingham City Council would continue to part fund her work (he goes to a Worcester school) and i saw her outside.  She was in tears in case they didn't (they did btw) and although she would still have had a job as she would just go back to helping a Worcester special ed. needs child she was saying "I don't know what i will do if i don't get him (urchin) next year, i love him so much, he is like the son i never had"   ahh Bless

She is one of the lowly paid unsung heroes and whatever it is they pay her -  isn't enough!

Praise Mrs Sherratt :roses: :worship:

We need more people like her. My son had someone like that in his last school before I pulled him. What a huge positive influence that person had. I know the gratitude that you feel. So glad Urchin has her again next year. :hug:

My son's got a teacher like that. Never a complaint, always positive and encouraging. She's fab.

My oldest, and her best friend, visited the old school today, to see the two teachers who had a huge positive influence on them. Teachers like that do make a difference, and can't be overrated.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1429 on: July 20, 2012, 03:15:35 AM »
:agreed:

Of course, he's had a few who insisted on always having their way, always winning points and whatever, always shifting the blame. Some teachers shouldn't be teachers.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1430 on: July 20, 2012, 03:47:49 AM »
I bet it's not an easy job.
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1431 on: July 20, 2012, 03:49:53 AM »
I imagine the job can be a bloody nightmare.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #1432 on: July 21, 2012, 04:18:10 PM »
Edo panem fartum cum gallopave  8)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1433 on: July 21, 2012, 10:47:58 PM »
waiting for the chicken broth to cool enough to put in the refrigerator.

TheoK

« Reply #1434 on: July 22, 2012, 01:00:47 AM »
Habeo ientaculum. Edo panem fartum cum gallopave et bibo coffeum cum lacte tepido  8)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1435 on: July 22, 2012, 01:29:26 AM »
Drinking coffee.

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1436 on: July 22, 2012, 02:44:25 AM »
there is a drawer under this laptop, and i am looking for something in there.
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1437 on: July 22, 2012, 12:10:47 PM »
I'm watching Top Gear. :headbang2:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1438 on: July 22, 2012, 05:17:41 PM »
there is a drawer under this laptop, and i am looking for something in there.

I thought you put it in the drawer in your nightstand.   :vibe:

P7PSP

« Reply #1439 on: July 23, 2012, 01:20:26 AM »
Being a lazy fuckoff.