Author Topic: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)  (Read 67491 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: What are You doing right now? (Pt 2)
« Reply #4695 on: June 12, 2022, 08:42:36 AM »
What the fuck?
Over?

One of my birds in my flock is having mood swings... and the mood swings have to do with the nest she keeps protecting (she already mated with the male in the cage, that's why she's laying on the nest)
Doesn't clear up "hiding,"  but I can imagine it is loud in there with the bird.

My brother kept love birds for a few years. It was always loud after a mating session.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4696 on: June 12, 2022, 08:47:12 AM »
Old doggie is doing much better. I believe he will survive this illness, what ever it was.
But he had an accident this morning and his poop was like smelly axle grease stuck in his fur.

We toweled him and hosed him, but in the end there was nothing short of giving him a massive hair cut to solve it all. Ugly!
It took over an hour, but I (we, my daughter and I) did it!
Now he looks like a completely different dog again. He's a cold weather dog and having his fur off will help him through the summer.
We do this for him every year, but I was hoping for another week or two of grace period.

He is such a good boy. He does his best to tolerate this nightmare. So do I.

It's done!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 09:03:59 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #4697 on: June 12, 2022, 10:35:54 AM »
Starting the laundry and taking an Aleve for back pain. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4698 on: June 12, 2022, 05:21:55 PM »
Listening to Ghost in the Shell soundtrack(s)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4699 on: June 16, 2022, 12:39:53 PM »
I am listening to a mono CD of "Revolver."  I built a Mono Stack!

Instead of having a massive pile of old pro audio gear stacked in the corner of my garage, sleeping, I now have some of it, facing outward and hooked up, making music.

I have wanted to build a floor to ceiling mono stacked cone wall for quite a while. In the past two days I have done so and the result is amazing.
It's not pure cones, though, using four HF horns and eight super HF bullets. I don't have enough JBL HF cones to complete what I am using down low. I hesitate to add third party gear, because this already works and I have just today got it going.

The "FACE" of the sound that I am hearing seems twice as high as the ten foot garage ceiling and maybe twice as wide as the entire garage.
I am sitting at my bench about fifty feet away and from what I am hearing, I expect to turn around and see a ten foot wide John face and a ten foot wide Paul face and a twenty foot tall Ringo kit. I am floating on what else Paul is doing and I can't point a finger at where ever George is; he is everywhere.

I had experienced this before, way, way back when I did this for a living, and I always knew that it would be fun to play with when I had the space. I have plenty of power on it, bi-amped, and that was the goal to get started. I wanted a large "whisper system."  At my listening level, the meters only barely move every few seconds and never even come close to the milliwatt marker.
I need to make up some cabling and I will have it all quad-amped without anything to add. I am using a stereo two way crossover and two stereo amps - nothing more to add. Quad amping will help with voicing. It's all running flat out right now, no EQ or anything. All JBL, but the JBLs are essentially flat anyway, but I should "voice the stack"  for even better sound.

You can't imagine how huge Johnny Cash sounds, the way his voice and guitar were recorded. It's all mono, but floor to ceiling large!

I keep hearing "you have to have stereo to have imaging,"  but I already knew better.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 05:28:12 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4700 on: June 18, 2022, 07:12:17 AM »
Jumping and running outside because of a weird noise.

Three yellow bi-planes just flew over in formation.

Airshow time!!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4701 on: June 18, 2022, 08:17:22 AM »
Roasting five pounds of pecans from my mom's trees in four large cookie sheets on low heat.

I intend to oil (I use sunflower oil) them a bit while they are hot, salt them a tad and then "process" them with maple syrup my nephew made. I can't claim a family source for the salt and oil.
Now I wait.

I'm making pecan butter!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 08:19:15 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4702 on: June 18, 2022, 12:02:17 PM »

Success!!!

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4703 on: June 18, 2022, 01:13:59 PM »
Hiding is what I do when I don't want to be near large crowds.... especially when COVID hasn't officially "died down" yet

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4704 on: June 21, 2022, 05:55:37 AM »
Covid won't die down until we reach this prescribed  "herd immunity"  thing we keep hearing about.
That just means that everyone who is going to die from this is already dead. Dark, but true!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4705 on: July 01, 2022, 11:01:49 AM »
Yup. It's been added to a long list of things that can kill us. Covid seems to be less potent in its recent variants but I don't doubt we'll have another wave come winter.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4706 on: July 01, 2022, 11:16:03 AM »
Yup. It's been added to a long list of things that can kill us. Covid seems to be less potent in its recent variants but I don't doubt we'll have another wave come winter.

This virus seems to mutate like nothing I have ever seen.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4707 on: July 01, 2022, 12:56:45 PM »

As far as I understand it's a fairly regular virus. It mutates like other similar viruses. Similar rate, similar everything. The difference is only in that we noticed because it was killing us.

It is a coronavirus and akin to many others of its kind. It's a reason to, or rather an example of, why the common cold is so difficult to avoid.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4708 on: July 01, 2022, 02:40:57 PM »

As far as I understand it's a fairly regular virus. It mutates like other similar viruses. Similar rate, similar everything. The difference is only in that we noticed because it was killing us.

It is a coronavirus and akin to many others of its kind. It's a reason to, or rather an example of, why the common cold is so difficult to avoid.

Exactly!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4709 on: July 02, 2022, 02:20:02 PM »
Procrastinating.

- Albert Einstein