Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201378 times)

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #3285 on: June 05, 2012, 03:06:37 AM »
At night, cats can be plain evil.  :kitten:
:agreed:

and now she's curled up on me fast sleep. This is entirely unfair. :P
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3286 on: June 05, 2012, 03:09:11 AM »
At night, cats can be plain evil.  :kitten:
:agreed:

and now she's curled up on me fast sleep. This is entirely unfair. :P

The other night, there were four creatures keeping me awake. By the time I got up, yesterday morning, after a really wrecked night, all four of them, two kids and two cats, had overtaken my bed, sound asleep, and sooo cute.

Kids can be just as evil as cats, in the night.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3287 on: June 05, 2012, 05:51:38 AM »
I think your court system is fucked up in a different way from Sweden's. There's no way Swedes can sue people for the kind of money that seems to be the norm over there, so I'd say the focus is different. Sweden's court system reflects the Swedes in many way, OTOH, so there is a big brother mentality you don't seem to have.
Yeah, the ability to sue anyone for anything over here is fucking retarded, but I don't feel like it's that big a part of the court system.  Or maybe I just don't focus on it as much?  It certainly does end up being a big part of policy making within companies and fields, though.  CYA is extra-special when you know you could be sued for anything, even if you didn't do anything wrong.

I feel kind of like there's a big brother mentality to our "war on drugs," and increasingly there's just a general reduction in freedoms.  Here's a couple of good illustrations of that (a bit of a tangent, I know, but also a recent pet peeve of mine):  http://www.freedomhouse.org/article/freedom-press-2012-breakthroughs-and-pushback-middle-east  http://en.rsf.org/spip.php?page=classement&id_rubrique=1043  Don't know how bad it is for you guys, though.

One huge issue over here IMO is the rampant corruption in (of course) all systems, including all levels of the legal and court system.  There's occasional whistleblowing, but that is, I think, the exception, not the rule.  Probably corruption everywhere though (people suck), and it could certainly be a lot worse.  Still disgusting though.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3288 on: June 05, 2012, 12:27:23 PM »
No, I don't. I think they are ill equipped for most types of justice. But that's not the point. The point is the principle that every person should have the same protection, regardless of age.

We are making the same argument, just choosing different victims.  I agree completely that the accused child deserves protection ... from an interfering state government.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3289 on: June 05, 2012, 12:28:10 PM »
How's that for a strawman?

Yes, that was intentional as a response to yours :)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3290 on: June 05, 2012, 03:41:39 PM »

Is this representative of Dutch ingenuity?

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3291 on: June 05, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »
Was talking to a friend about two of my biggest passions and she gave me some really good insight. Now I need to figure out how to make a business out of it. It's very helpful when said friend is a psychiatrist. :laugh:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3292 on: June 05, 2012, 05:12:26 PM »
YAY!

:hyke: :hyke: :hyke:
 :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:
 :party: :party: :party:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3293 on: June 05, 2012, 06:26:38 PM »
4 thoughts

Now that Hubert is buying a house he won't have time to search for videos.

That video is wrong on every level I can think of.

Did I catch a glimpse of Hyke in the herd?

Dutch men must be great at oral sex once they get their tongues untied.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3294 on: June 06, 2012, 02:06:15 AM »
I think your court system is fucked up in a different way from Sweden's. There's no way Swedes can sue people for the kind of money that seems to be the norm over there, so I'd say the focus is different. Sweden's court system reflects the Swedes in many way, OTOH, so there is a big brother mentality you don't seem to have.
Yeah, the ability to sue anyone for anything over here is fucking retarded, but I don't feel like it's that big a part of the court system.  Or maybe I just don't focus on it as much?  It certainly does end up being a big part of policy making within companies and fields, though.  CYA is extra-special when you know you could be sued for anything, even if you didn't do anything wrong.

I feel kind of like there's a big brother mentality to our "war on drugs," and increasingly there's just a general reduction in freedoms.  Here's a couple of good illustrations of that (a bit of a tangent, I know, but also a recent pet peeve of mine):  http://www.freedomhouse.org/article/freedom-press-2012-breakthroughs-and-pushback-middle-east  http://en.rsf.org/spip.php?page=classement&id_rubrique=1043  Don't know how bad it is for you guys, though.

One huge issue over here IMO is the rampant corruption in (of course) all systems, including all levels of the legal and court system.  There's occasional whistleblowing, but that is, I think, the exception, not the rule.  Probably corruption everywhere though (people suck), and it could certainly be a lot worse.  Still disgusting though.

It's not that our freedoms are being lost in a big brother sense, not yet, but Swedes are generally big on authorities and their insistence on everyone being equal and the same borders on the ridiculous. It's frequently very difficult for someone well above average in some respects to have that fact acknowledged and taken into account.

A lot of the Swedish mentality is clearly evident in this court case, but I think only a knowledgeable observer can see it for what it is.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3295 on: June 06, 2012, 02:08:50 AM »
No, I don't. I think they are ill equipped for most types of justice. But that's not the point. The point is the principle that every person should have the same protection, regardless of age.

We are making the same argument, just choosing different victims.  I agree completely that the accused child deserves protection ... from an interfering state government.

I am playing the devil's advocate, mate. I think the case as presented is ridiculous and should not have ended up in court, but as is often the case, I am interested in how people reason when they present their views.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3296 on: June 06, 2012, 02:09:17 AM »
How's that for a strawman?

Yes, that was intentional as a response to yours :)

Yeah, I figured as much. :)

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3297 on: June 06, 2012, 02:09:47 AM »

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3298 on: June 06, 2012, 05:30:07 AM »

It's not that our freedoms are being lost in a big brother sense, not yet, but Swedes are generally big on authorities and their insistence on everyone being equal and the same borders on the ridiculous. It's frequently very difficult for someone well above average in some respects to have that fact acknowledged and taken into account.

A lot of the Swedish mentality is clearly evident in this court case, but I think only a knowledgeable observer can see it for what it is.
*nod*  I don't know much about the court systems of other countries, which is why I'm curious.  Gotta admit, what you're describing would make me want to move to Sweden by contrast.  Sounds at least less shitty.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3299 on: June 06, 2012, 05:38:25 AM »
I can't believe my local supermarket doesn't carry duct tape anymore!  :dunno:

Just use a ball gag. Or shove a sock in their mouth.

They don't seem to have ball gags there either.  I'll have to improvise!  :apondering:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"