Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201375 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11550 on: December 29, 2018, 09:07:05 PM »
  DirtDawg, that sounds like a hell of an ordeal for your brother, I hope he recovers fully!  :viking:
I can only echo what the Weeble said.

Thank you for the thoughts.
It was a very long surgery and just waiting to hear was bad enough, but there was a lot of family close by.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #11551 on: December 30, 2018, 08:44:29 AM »
 :asthing: good luck!
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11552 on: December 30, 2018, 11:17:12 AM »
Damn DD, that sounds fucking rough.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

And miss K-I don't think it CAN be due to the proximity of the alarm/boiler. Gas boilers CAN'T generate CO if they are not turned on, and it's gone off plenty times when the heating hasn't been turned on, it's formed as a result of fuel being burnt in an oxygen-poor environment, so if it goes off when there is no burning going on at all, and there's no autie chemist doing anything squirrely that outputs or uses carbon monoxide (which I'd sooner avoid even with a sniffer to detect the stuff, its just so sneaky and generally unpleasant stuff), then it's the alarm.

Fit for nothing but dissection and throwing out anything not useful, damn thing is more of a danger than a safeguard  if it keeps causing false positives. Did it again today, woke me up too, when I had been having difficulty sleeping, the little fucker.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11553 on: December 30, 2018, 11:31:04 AM »
I didn't say anything about the CO monitor and the boiler. That was someone else.

Currently wishing I had the drive to do things around the house that need to be done.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11554 on: December 30, 2018, 11:36:48 AM »
Buggerit, I always have problems following nested quotes on here, the colourscheme makes it a pain in the arse for some reason.

And I know just what you mean there.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11555 on: December 30, 2018, 11:46:51 AM »
Buggerit, I always have problems following nested quotes on here, the colourscheme makes it a pain in the arse for some reason.

And I know just what you mean there.

Agreed.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11556 on: December 30, 2018, 12:21:08 PM »
I left my room to go feed the pup. In my room was a plate with chips and half of a sandwich. In my room now, upon my return, is an empty plate that looks so clean you would have never known it to have held the contents of a lunch. The older dog is currently not making eye contact.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11557 on: December 30, 2018, 01:27:02 PM »
Flowers has her priorities right.  Keeping up her energy so she can take care of you.  Goofy dog.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11558 on: December 30, 2018, 01:33:33 PM »
I left my room to go feed the pup. In my room was a plate with chips and half of a sandwich. In my room now, upon my return, is an empty plate that looks so clean you would have never known it to have held the contents of a lunch. The older dog is currently not making eye contact.

:laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11559 on: December 31, 2018, 04:36:30 AM »
Your dog must be a freak who's taken the high ground and decided to aspire to becoming a cat. And first point of call: contracting autism :autism:

Hehehe.

And shame on you miss K, shame, shame, shame on you young lady! noticing eye contact! HERESY! HERESY! WIIIIITTTCHH!

As for me, I got paid today, and will do again tomorrow. So I'll have over 350 quid, as such, I think I can treat myself to a couple of bags of my favourite kinds of sour bubblegum jelly candies and a couple of tins of cigars. As For whatever reason (I think I know exactly WHAT reason too, actually), nicotine itself, alone, doesn't do the same thing, not even close, going from experience with vape liquid, or transdermal nicotine, as tobacco smoke does, after a dose of pain meds. For some reason, it and smoking tobacco go together like black forest gateaux and those black sour cherries pickled in cherry liqueur. Only time I smoke tobacco now, but once in a while, I do really like a cigar, especially after the very, very first morphine shot I have after picking up a new rx, after it's all worn off from the night before, and there's NOTHING in the tank. A refill pain med wise, it just begs for a cigar on top to make it feel soooo satisfying.

I think with over 300 quid coming my way I can allow myself a couple of bags of candy, two tins of cigars, a lighter to light them with and some quick but filling snacks, like flapjack bars or the like to munch on the way back from the shop to return to my ministrations alchemical :heisenberg:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 04:42:26 AM by Lestat »

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11560 on: December 31, 2018, 05:37:41 AM »
Just got back from the local corner shop, with what I intended to go for. Although as flapjack bars were on sale I did allow myself the luxury of buying more than the two I had planned to buy and immediately eat for a quick, convenient breakfast that's filling and doesn't need cooking or time taking to eat. Bought several more, plus allowed myself two loaves of icky-sticky jamaica ginger cake, as they were on sale for just a pound a cake. Got two, not had those in a while, and I absolutely LOVE 'em. Put me anywhere near one of those jamaica ginger cakes, with the thick layer of sticky treacly gingery gooey topping and you can bet your last penny that it will last less than 60 seconds. 120 AT MOST, before I'm down to gnawing the bits off the paper where it stuck with my teeth, and burping satisfactorily.

Time for a couple of quick lines of oxycodone, a cigar or two and then, I must get to work. IF of course, one can truly name a job which a person loves and finds just as much recreational hobby-indulgence as a job as 'work' in the first place. Since, despite spending much of my life bent over a benchtop, babysitting one reaction or another, or else garbed in full protective gear, doing things outside that I can ONLY safely do in the back garden, like taking a blowtorch to a custom-fabricated disposable vessel made for the purpose, full of phosphorus (red), and condensing the vapors driven off under a deep column of ice cold water, as white phosphorus (obviously not an indoor project on any larger than a scale using a pair of linked test-tubes and hundreds of milligrams to a couple of grams of red phosphorus, rather than preparing multi-hundred-gram batches of white phosphorus, with it's extreme toxicity, and propensity to spontaneously ignite on contact with air, and if it gets on anyone, to burn until it either exhausts itself, or burns right through one side of the victim and out of the other.

To say nothing, of course, of both the incredibly intense, flaring, blazing white-glowing green inferno itself, with it's blinding glare and the truly WHOPPING cloud of acidic, corrosive phosphorus pentoxide smoke that would come from accidental release of a quantity of several hundred grams. I've seen white phosphorus selfignite on that scale, once, after an alembic broke, and released a large amount of white phosphorus that was literally, so hot, it was not just molten, but BOILING, refluxing up and dripping back down the walls of the alembic in globules. When the glassware failed, shit, the smoke cloud was so fucking HUGE, one could see the plume of dense, white smoke take to the skies so high and wide and densely that it could be seen from a block away, at least. I didn't check to see just HOW far it could be seen, but I should imagine it was visible from even further away than that.

Thankfully I've next door neighbors who happened soon after moving in, actually the time I made my first introduction to them, to spot me walking out into the back garden dressed in heavy leathers, a protective visor and toughened blast-shield faceplate, elbow-length black gloves covered in two more layers of gloves, a middle layer of rubberized fabric mechanics type gloves, then thick, hefty fabric gardening gloves over the top of those, and had to make my first introduction from behind a gas mask, that was a bit different from most first introductions to new neighbors, in that it consisted of 'Hey, nice to meet you, I'm Lestat, and no, I'm not a terrorist, I'm autistic and big into chemistry so don't be alarmed at the complicated assembly of glassware being hooked up to vacuum lines and water pumps and tanks of inert gas.....'

Quite a nice pair, both of them, a young lass and her other half. The girl makes my sped-dar tingle a bit. Not heavily, the dial isn't spinning round like a drunken compass needle in the middle of an epileptic seizure, but she registers there all the same. A real cutie too, which is another pointer towards her being on the spectrum. Since she's definitely not mentally retarded, and if a girl isn't either aspie/autie/Rett's, MR, or both, then I am VERY unlikely to find them attractive. I just don't go there when it comes to NT girls. It's not QUITE so unappealing, but not far off how appealing I'd find fucking a guy, or the thought of doing so (I never have, and never will, although I have porked NT females, never not regretted it though and never will again unless forced to do so under duress. If she doesn't flap and rock and spin and clap and make those cute stimmy noises then I'm gonna need a tourniquet on my dick :autism:)

But both she and her BF, they have become accustomed to seeing me at work doing outside-only kinds of chemistry, fiddling around with blowtorches in the back garden, setting up a portable workbench on the lawn and bringing an extension to wire up the vacuum pump, that kind of thing, and by now, they've just got used to it, to the point where if I'm finished up and at the point where whatever I'm upto has been done for the time being, I can happily spend time whiling away with her over the hedge chatting, even whilst looking like some kind of paramilitary stormtrooper :D

Kinda funny really, but 'hey, been a while, how are you' heard through a respirator and sounding somewhat darth vader-ish isn't even surprising, let alone alarming. Just at most, curiosity at what the experiment or synthesis was.

I must admit, it's nice to have neighbors where I don't have to hide everything from their sight, and who aren't even bothered by a localized searing, luminescent firestorm, if it doesn't affect them (and thats one thing I do believe strongly in, that nobody else gets harmed by anything I do, save someone who would willingly and knowingly chose of their free will and desire, accompany me in my efforts if ever I find a lab partner (or better yet, a gorgeous young Kanner's autie girl who's got a similar bent for science as she had for me, and doesn't mind that there is a second love in my life, ideally, one shared, of course, though, of the inanimate, or at least non-living nature). If that were the case, then obviously thats different, someone knowingly choosing to assist in a project knowing any risks, and assenting to share in them to accomplish a goal shared also. But not to inflict anything on innocent bystanders.

(although I have absolutely NO compunction about deploying chemical deterrents, of varying degrees of severity against someone who intends to harm me first, or those I love, they'll cop a face full of teargas, if they are very very lucky. And potentially far worse things than tear-gases. Has saved me, as a kid, from getting mugged and the shit kicked out of me by a pair of chavscum in a dark alley with nowhere to run. But before they could so much as get close enough to throw a punch, both of them were on the floor clutching their faces and trying their hardest to scream in agonizing pain, which they would have been doing, had their airways not closed up tight and cut off their breathing. THEY had it coming though, and had they acted so as to leave me unmolested they'd not have been hit in the face with a torrent of a noxious chemical that the army had long ago rejected for being too toxic)

But hey, they shouldn't have cornered me in a dark alley whilst I was minding my own business going home, intent on robbing me and kicking the fuck out of someone for amusement. If they hadn't, they'd never have had to learn why one ought never to fuck with an autie with far more smarts their entire ancestral line and current family could ever hope to begin to comprehend, and who was packing chemical weapons :tard:. Fuck with an autie, and you are going to get 'naughty' rather than 'nice'

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11561 on: December 31, 2018, 04:37:07 PM »

Thank you. It seemed odd that he went to the doc for a scheduled blood work and check up thing which still happens every three months since his last set of troubles, about a year ago. And then went in for emergency surgery the next morning.

The doctor said he was not sure about some pain in my brother's abdomen and lack of pain in other places and this lump ...
So he asked him to stay for a while after they drew blood. Usually they just send me a letter detailing all my perfect blood. The test they actually needed most is a several hour long thing, but they had the lab draw an extra bit that they could look at in a few minutes and found that the white blood cell count was through the roof!
So, they kept him overnight for further tests. I am not in the medical industry, much of the testing they did is over my head and I am relating this third or fourth hand, but overnight they decided that another surgery was necessary to save his life.

Today seemed much more positive. I talked to him on the phone. He says he feels better already, Of course he is being brave, but once bravery comes back    ...   well, who knows?

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11562 on: January 01, 2019, 07:10:14 AM »

Thank you. It seemed odd that he went to the doc for a scheduled blood work and check up thing which still happens every three months since his last set of troubles, about a year ago. And then went in for emergency surgery the next morning.

The doctor said he was not sure about some pain in my brother's abdomen and lack of pain in other places and this lump ...
So he asked him to stay for a while after they drew blood. Usually they just send me a letter detailing all my perfect blood. The test they actually needed most is a several hour long thing, but they had the lab draw an extra bit that they could look at in a few minutes and found that the white blood cell count was through the roof!
So, they kept him overnight for further tests. I am not in the medical industry, much of the testing they did is over my head and I am relating this third or fourth hand, but overnight they decided that another surgery was necessary to save his life.

Today seemed much more positive. I talked to him on the phone. He says he feels better already, Of course he is being brave, but once bravery comes back    ...   well, who knows?
High WBC counts can mean infection, inflammation etc. So they're probably going to be looking for those things and also checking for trauma from the surgery. Something seems to have gone amiss. I hope it's an easy fix for him.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11563 on: January 01, 2019, 07:11:25 AM »
I'm glad I got up before anyone else. Dogs are fed, the pup has had her meds and her ear drops and the house is back to quiet again. That's how I like to start my day.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11564 on: January 01, 2019, 08:46:20 AM »
Pondering the sad inevitable - trading in my car one day  :'(