Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201378 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11535 on: December 28, 2018, 03:59:50 PM »
I'm hungry. I think I'll make some oatmeal with honey and cinnamon....

I stir some peanut butter into my oatmeal.  It adds a bit of protein and fills me up better.

Interesting, I might try that... another good addition is to crumble some walnuts into it....and add some small diced apples and its a well rounded meal.

There's always throwing in some raisins while cooking it.

I've been thinking of trying savory oatmeal.  I really need to look up some recipes.

Hmm, maybe cooking the oatmeal, then frying it with chopped peppers and mushrooms?

Add some egg whites to make little fried oatmeal patties.

Or leave out the egg and have it like fried rice, except it's oatmeal.

Then throw in some beef, pork, some potatoes, cheese, pepperoni ... everything!  :fatchef:
And for the Weeble version, leave out the oatmeal.  :laugh:

Oatmeal + everything else - oatmeal = perfect oatmeal!  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11536 on: December 28, 2018, 04:43:22 PM »
Damn it, I'm hungry now. >:(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11537 on: December 28, 2018, 07:54:11 PM »

I second the kitty lady. CO monitors can go wrong.

I've a good one, for the lab, the one that's installed near the boiler is utter shite. To the point it's dangerous IMO and needs to be taken apart, examined for any useful bits, then chucked, minus any useful bits.

Keeps going off, even when there is absolutely zero chance of their being carbon monoxide produced, because the boiler, is OFF, no flame, no heating on. Ergo-absolute certainty it is the alarm.

How close to the boiler is it? I've just been reading that monitors should not be installed too close to the boiler, as that can lead to false positives.  Most sites say that it has to be at least one metre  away. That said, I found one site that said "at least 15 feet"  :LOL:.  It would be outside my flat if I took that advice!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11538 on: December 28, 2018, 08:16:26 PM »

I second the kitty lady. CO monitors can go wrong.

I've a good one, for the lab, the one that's installed near the boiler is utter shite. To the point it's dangerous IMO and needs to be taken apart, examined for any useful bits, then chucked, minus any useful bits.

Keeps going off, even when there is absolutely zero chance of their being carbon monoxide produced, because the boiler, is OFF, no flame, no heating on. Ergo-absolute certainty it is the alarm.

How close to the boiler is it? I've just been reading that monitors should not be installed too close to the boiler, as that can lead to false positives.  Most sites say that it has to be at least one metre  away. That said, I found one site that said "at least 15 feet"  :LOL:.  It would be outside my flat if I took that advice!
:lol1:

“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11539 on: December 29, 2018, 07:52:40 AM »
Aww I'm sorry to read that DD. That's hard news, although it is indeed good that they caught it early.

Yeah, Things are looking up over there.

I noticed while reading back some that your doggie had some troubles.
Good to hear good news.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11540 on: December 29, 2018, 07:53:39 AM »
Sorry about the medical news DirtDawg.  Hope everything goes well.
Thank you for your well wishes.

Things seem to be getting better, now.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11541 on: December 29, 2018, 08:06:08 AM »
So sorry to hear about your brother, DD. It's good that they caught it early, though.

Yeah. Good they caught it early this time.

He went in for  surgery yesterday and they removed eighteen inches of necrotic and affected upper intestine along with the tumorous growths. This is the second time he has had to have sections of his upper intestine removed. Once before he had a massive bowel rupture and was pouring half digested food into his central torso, even beginning to surround his heart, back then. They removed about a foot of his upper intestine at that time, along with a football sized pile of shit that had collected from the ruptured bowel.
They also removed about forty percent of his stomach at that time to help ensure that his eating would not overload his ability to digest what he had eaten.
The surgeons did not remove any more of his stomach this time, but he has weeks of recovery eating out of a straw before he can even think of solid food.
No rupture this time and no more giant shit balls to remove, so that is good news.

All in all, the prognosis is positive for the long run. Just a rough few weeks ahead for him and his.

Thank you for your good thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 08:09:11 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11542 on: December 29, 2018, 08:15:30 AM »
He already has four bags of pills he takes. Four bags, because some are one per day and some are twice per day. Some are weekly and some are hourly or every few hours.

His wife is always right there, managing it all. Do not think he could have survived this far without her. She is a treasure!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11543 on: December 29, 2018, 10:46:29 AM »
  DirtDawg, that sounds like a hell of an ordeal for your brother, I hope he recovers fully!  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11544 on: December 29, 2018, 10:56:13 AM »
Glad there is good news.

I hope someone is taking care of your sister-in-law.  She deserves a medal.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11545 on: December 29, 2018, 11:23:12 AM »
  DirtDawg, that sounds like a hell of an ordeal for your brother, I hope he recovers fully!  :viking:
I can only echo what the Weeble said.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11546 on: December 29, 2018, 05:35:14 PM »
Trying to figure out some personal stuff. Pondering tonight.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11547 on: December 29, 2018, 08:31:45 PM »
Little steps seem so inadequate.  Until I realize that I'm growing, moving forward, and seeing improvement in my life.  I'm not kidding myself.  I'm just at the Nepal airport.  I still have to climb Mt. Everest.  But I shall.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11548 on: December 29, 2018, 08:59:53 PM »

Thanks. They say they got it all out, so it sounds good.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11549 on: December 29, 2018, 09:03:59 PM »
Glad there is good news.

I hope someone is taking care of your sister-in-law.  She deserves a medal.

Good news. Rough day yesterday.
Well it is usually the son who steps up when she needs to be in two places at once or something.
He seems to be a great kid, great son, good husband and super father all in one.