Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201393 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11490 on: December 15, 2018, 09:22:23 PM »

Thinking I have two sick fur babies. Dog and cat both are lethargic, snoozy and very cranky, do want to be touched.

:bigcry:
Oh no! It's odd that both would be sick at the same time. Did they get into something?

I do not know. They are both inside babies, but the dog goes out for walks at least twice per day and more if I can convince one of the kids to take him out.
The dog used to explore the unused protein candy in the cat box, but he has not done that in several months.

My daughter is also a bit off with "her feed"  but she had a semester grade recital in piano this week and two choir concerts this weekend, so, Nerves maybe?

But now you make me wonder, did we all get into something? I know that humans and cats and dogs can catch a cold at the same time. But this is more like a tummy thing. I am fine, but after I posted that last bit, my wife asked if I am having trouble with my digestion.
 :dunno:
Not to be alarming but you have CO monitors in the house right? Crank a window a little bit to get some fresh air flowing and make sure everything is good with the furnace and whatnot. It's odd that everyone is under the weather at the same time. Also possibly check the water? That's the only thing that I can thing of that everyone, pets included, would have access to.

Not alarmed. We have four gas monitors in our house. I replace the batteries when the time changes twice per year. I usually put the perfectly good batteries in our alarm clocks.
The heater is only three years old and should be OK. It was serviced as a part of our warranty plan both of the past two years.
You are right though, three members of the family getting punkish at the same time?
Odd!
My son and I both seem to be fine.
Since it is fairly OK outside, I will take your advice and air out the house. Just in case.
We had a CO scare despite working CO monitors when my kids were little. Happened as a record breaking ice storm hit and the highways were closed, hotels at capacity. It was horrific. Had to fight a hotel to give us a room at 1am even though it was booked for someone else but I was like c'mon...highways are shut down entirely. There's no way they're making it if they're not here already. So they give us the room we climb into bed (oldest was 6, youngest was just a baby) and an hour later the fire alarm goes off. Fire in the hotel kitchen. But they couldn't evacuate outside because of the wind and ice and blizzard so we all mulled around in the lobby in our pj's. It was quite the adventure.

Anyway, I hope it's just a fluke bug that has made it's way into the house and will pass quickly and everyone back to their regular selves. Both two legged and four legged!
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11491 on: December 15, 2018, 09:46:25 PM »
Damn hun. Glad you were alright. CO is insidious stuff. Deadly, but you can't smell it. Sneaky stuff, and not overt and in your face 'oi, I'm poison, and I'm going to rip your balls off and make you eat them', just 'feel tired and lurgey-ish, maybe I'm getting a cold'

Then you wake up dead.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11492 on: December 16, 2018, 08:51:31 AM »
Damn hun. Glad you were alright. CO is insidious stuff. Deadly, but you can't smell it. Sneaky stuff, and not overt and in your face 'oi, I'm poison, and I'm going to rip your balls off and make you eat them', just 'feel tired and lurgey-ish, maybe I'm getting a cold'

Then you wake up dead.

Bedtime Stories for Kids by Lestat   :lol1:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11493 on: December 16, 2018, 11:05:25 PM »

Thinking I have two sick fur babies. Dog and cat both are lethargic, snoozy and very cranky, do want to be touched.

Oh no! It's odd that both would be sick at the same time. Did they get into something?

All seems to be back to normal today. Doggie is jumpy, happy running around checking on all of us as always, barking away birds from the back yard. Cat is back to snuggly and loving, chirpy and purry.
Daughter is fine as well as wife. Son and I never suffered any symptoms.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #11494 on: December 17, 2018, 06:13:26 AM »

Then you wake up dead.

This brings to mind this video of these idiots "rolling coal" (i.e. pumping unfiltered exhaust from their truck) into the truck window of their napping friend. He died.

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11495 on: December 17, 2018, 06:59:39 AM »

All seems to be back to normal today. Doggie is jumpy, happy running around checking on all of us as always, barking away birds from the back yard. Cat is back to snuggly and loving, chirpy and purry.
That's bizarre. I guess it's good it was short lived though.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11496 on: December 17, 2018, 07:00:32 AM »

Then you wake up dead.

This brings to mind this video of these idiots "rolling coal" (i.e. pumping unfiltered exhaust from their truck) into the truck window of their napping friend. He died.
:jawdrop: Holy crap
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11497 on: December 17, 2018, 07:52:15 AM »

Makes me think your first instinct was correct; they got into something. I just can think of what it might have been.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11498 on: December 17, 2018, 08:34:38 AM »

Makes me think your first instinct was correct; they got into something. I just can think of what it might have been.
Most times it's a massive mystery. We moved a year ago to an acreage and one of my dogs is finding all sorts of treasures from the last owners and lately is has followed a theme. First she was running around with a long scrap of that material you lay down in garden beds to stop the weeds from growing. I have no idea where she found it but she thought it was great fun. Then a few weeks later she brought me a large empty potting container and then 3 days ago a watering can and we can't find out where the heck she has dug these up from! :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11499 on: December 24, 2018, 11:23:04 AM »
Twas the day before Christmas
and all through the stores,
ALL the creatures were crazily scrambling
to finish their xmas chores!

HAPPY HOLIDAZE!  :santa:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 11:26:31 AM by rock hound »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11500 on: December 24, 2018, 11:26:11 AM »
It's the most wonderful time for a BEER.
As the parents are sale'ing
as the children are WAILING
in stores EVERYWHEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRE!
It's the most wonderful time for a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!

Or whatever alcoholic beverage that works the fastest!

Happy Holidaze!   :santa:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11501 on: December 24, 2018, 01:47:10 PM »
That I'm glad i live in New Orleans. 
It's 1:45 in the afternoon and I'm eating b'fast - Popeyes chicken and dirty rice.  Pecan pie for dessert.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11502 on: December 24, 2018, 01:58:06 PM »
It actually snowed today and I'm shocked. So we get our white Christmas after all tomorrow because it's too cold for it to melt.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11503 on: December 24, 2018, 02:10:25 PM »
That I'm glad i live in New Orleans. 
It's 1:45 in the afternoon and I'm eating b'fast - Popeyes chicken and dirty rice.  Pecan pie for dessert.

Now, SEE, you mention pecan pie. That is my favorite pie.

I seldom make them, but pecan is my favorite pie. I am still working on getting my recipe perfected.

My mom sends me pecans for "Christmas" every year (she knows how much I love them), usually about eight pounds of shelled nuts from her trees.

This year the same. Many pecans! My wife takes them and makes sugar and spice candy out of at least a bag full, but she wants to share. FFS!! I have this moral and properly righteous enmity against sharing my pecans. The supply is finite and they are all mine. Sharing them is against ...

OK I like my pecans and they are nineteen bucks per pound around here and those that ARE available are last year's crop and probably from Georgia or Missouri and they suck! Georgia should stick to peaches and Missouri should stick to raising redneck retards who wave the rebel flag on the back of their pickup trucks or what ever else they can figure out.

I intend to make a pecan pie after the new year, using real fresh Texas pecans. The best there is.

New Orleans?  Been there, not sure I remember it all, but I think it was fun.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 02:13:25 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11504 on: December 24, 2018, 03:39:01 PM »

I have been calling around to family members all over Texas and some other parts of this great country of ours.

Sometimes, everything is hunky dory, but today I had good news and bad from my brother.
First, the good news; my brother's youngest son is going to be a father again for the third time. I am going to have another third grand nephew/niece child in June from my immediate family.

There are many more on the other side of the family. My wife has five brothers, I have one. Those on the other side of the family have no blood relation to me. This latest news is of another blood relative on the way. Boy? Girl? We do not know. Those kids like to be surprised. Awesome. Just like in the old days!

Bad news, my ailing younger brother now has a kind of intestinal cancer. Possibly operable, but too early to tell. They did catch it early. That is a good sign.
He is not well and yet, two years younger than I am. He has already had two heart attacks.
He was always the tough one and I was the wimp.