Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201398 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #11475 on: December 12, 2018, 10:02:28 PM »

Thinking I ate too much Chinese carry out tonight.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11476 on: December 13, 2018, 08:38:50 AM »
^It's good to see you, Phoenix. :) I hope you stay, always like your posts.

Thanks Ren  :) I never leave out of spite, usually it's due to being overwhelmed with other things and then I shut down and hibernate awhile. Also, easier to use this place when I'm on my laptop which I don't always use.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #11477 on: December 13, 2018, 08:45:32 PM »
This licorice ain't half bad. *chews*
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11478 on: December 13, 2018, 09:56:58 PM »
Love liquorice too, especially that ammonium chloride salted stuff.

Just got a blackcurrant and liquorice candy in my pocket actually, thanks for reminding me. I'm going to cook a big bowl of porridge, covered in molasses type dark sugar, and munch the candy while I cook my supper, before the sleeping pill I took earlier kicks in.

Because right now, I'm fucking ravenous.

After that, will stick my crystallizing batch of  the latest synthesis in the lab in the fridge, to cool down the solvent and force more crystals to form, crash out as much as possible before decanting the solvent,  still saturated with my compound, to be distilled down so further cooling makes  more crystals, fractionally crystallizing it all out step by step, and of course, washing  and recrystallizing the product until it melts at precisely the right  temperature, so what I have to work with is pure. Know what they say, garbage in, garbage out. Last minute before-bed and before supper pain med  shot, then time to fill my face, down a can of coke, burp in satisfaction, check my crystallizing project one last time before  I curl up under the duvet on the sofa and sleep for the day.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11479 on: December 15, 2018, 02:52:28 AM »
Wondering if it's safe to go out and get some dinner now while there's a break in the weather.
Storm cells might develop again just to the north west but at the moment the radar shows nothing.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11480 on: December 15, 2018, 05:02:55 AM »
I think I'll avoid doing anything the next few hours.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11481 on: December 15, 2018, 06:08:05 AM »
It was safe to go out to get some dinner. I swear that is like 4 storm cells today that decided to miss us completely!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11482 on: December 15, 2018, 07:51:01 AM »
I wish I could spend the day in bed with a book
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11483 on: December 15, 2018, 08:45:09 AM »

Thinking I have two sick fur babies. Dog and cat both are lethargic, snoozy and very cranky, do want to be touched.

:bigcry:

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11484 on: December 15, 2018, 11:30:08 AM »

Thinking I have two sick fur babies. Dog and cat both are lethargic, snoozy and very cranky, do want to be touched.

Oh no! It's odd that both would be sick at the same time. Did they get into something?
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11485 on: December 15, 2018, 12:25:10 PM »

Oh no! It's odd that both would be sick at the same time. Did they get into something?

I do not know. They are both inside babies, but the dog goes out for walks at least twice per day and more if I can convince one of the kids to take him out.
The dog used to explore the unused protein candy in the cat box, but he has not done that in several months.

My daughter is also a bit off with "her feed"  but she had a semester grade recital in piano this week and two choir concerts this weekend, so, Nerves maybe?

But now you make me wonder, did we all get into something? I know that humans and cats and dogs can catch a cold at the same time. But this is more like a tummy thing. I am fine, but after I posted that last bit, my wife asked if I am having trouble with my digestion.
 :dunno:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11486 on: December 15, 2018, 12:34:47 PM »

I do not know. They are both inside babies, but the dog goes out for walks at least twice per day and more if I can convince one of the kids to take him out.
The dog used to explore the unused protein candy in the cat box, but he has not done that in several months.

My daughter is also a bit off with "her feed"  but she had a semester grade recital in piano this week and two choir concerts this weekend, so, Nerves maybe?

But now you make me wonder, did we all get into something? I know that humans and cats and dogs can catch a cold at the same time. But this is more like a tummy thing. I am fine, but after I posted that last bit, my wife asked if I am having trouble with my digestion.
Not to be alarming but you have CO monitors in the house right? Crank a window a little bit to get some fresh air flowing and make sure everything is good with the furnace and whatnot. It's odd that everyone is under the weather at the same time. Also possibly check the water? That's the only thing that I can thing of that everyone, pets included, would have access to.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11487 on: December 15, 2018, 12:49:42 PM »

Not to be alarming but you have CO monitors in the house right? Crank a window a little bit to get some fresh air flowing and make sure everything is good with the furnace and whatnot. It's odd that everyone is under the weather at the same time. Also possibly check the water? That's the only thing that I can thing of that everyone, pets included, would have access to.

Not alarmed. We have four gas monitors in our house. I replace the batteries when the time changes twice per year. I usually put the perfectly good batteries in our alarm clocks.
The heater is only three years old and should be OK. It was serviced as a part of our warranty plan both of the past two years.
You are right though, three members of the family getting punkish at the same time?
Odd!
My son and I both seem to be fine.
Since it is fairly OK outside, I will take your advice and air out the house. Just in case.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 12:52:00 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11488 on: December 15, 2018, 04:57:38 PM »
Thinking I should go to bed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11489 on: December 15, 2018, 06:08:46 PM »
Good advice, miss K.

I second the kitty lady. CO monitors can go wrong.

I've a good one, for the lab, the one that's installed near the boiler is utter shite. To the point it's dangerous IMO and needs to be taken apart, examined for any useful bits, then chucked, minus any useful bits.

Keeps going off, even when there is absolutely zero chance of their being carbon monoxide produced, because the boiler, is OFF, no flame, no heating on. Ergo-absolute certainty it is the alarm.

So it can only really be either ignored, or panicked over every time it goes off. So it'll have to be dissected and checked for useful bits (like say, the radioactive alpha source in a smoke alarm, usually americium 241, in a very small quantity, but apparently, ones which contain neptunium have been made also. And I really want one, for the element collection. Especially as a really aged one, could serve as a plutonium sample, as Np decays, in the case of many isotopes, to plutonium. I'd rather not have the actinide section have two pieces, and a whole load of empty cases with something dire like the chemical symbol and atomic weight engraved on glass. Having uranium, and americium. I'll always want MORE, until the collection is filled with everything it can BE filled with, including for elements with a nano-scopic gnat-fart of a half life, like astatine and francium, samples of radioisotopes which produce them in the decay chain, a bit of a cop-out, but at least, there'll be some atoms present at all times, due to continuing radioactive decay, maintaining a sample of those elements too unstable, in each isotope they have, nuclear isomers included, to BE stored. If it evaporates in minutes or hours, then it's the only way. And better the second-best than a mere written formula acid-etched into glass.

I might ask my old man for some technetium for xmas actually, as I've seen a place I could be sold a glass ampoule containing a thin backbone of gold, electroplated with a continuous layer of actual technetium metal, as the isotope 99Tc. It's not cheap, though, I don't know if he could afford it.  But oh my, I want one, I want one so fucking much you wouldn't believe. Even for a spazz and their spazz 'thing'/s, that, that Tc metal plated onto the gold strip, in an ampoule to prevent it corroding or suffering in any way...my god, I would get on my hands and knees and BEG for one of those.

And there are less reasons I'd ever do that, than there are fingers on the hand of someone born with syndactyly.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.