Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201393 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10770 on: July 07, 2018, 01:26:51 PM »
Great Old Ones eh? I like your literary tastes. Ia! C'thulhu f'taghn!

As for me, it isn't one of ye elder things, or great old ones I am conjuring up. 

This is a little alchemy to summon forth the nascent beginnings of a certain dopaminergic amine, just waiting for the quicklime (calcium oxide) to dessicate the toluene now transferred to my 250ml separatory funnel from the  1l one needed to process the large volume of liquid to be extracted (in separate portions, the 1l funnel and 1l beaker plus another smaller beaker, along with my big ol' bugger of a vacuum filtration flask, 2.5 liter, although I only filled it with whats being extracted to just below the vacuum hose barb, which was used to pour  from as needed.

I think the quicklime will have done it's job by now and the toluene,  now dessicated, saturated with anhydrous hydrogen chloride (hydrochloric acid gas) when put into a beaker, and the  beaker placed in  bath of salted ice to, I hope; crystallize out that of which I seek. If not I'll distill the toluene off, dissolve the salt in isopropanol, hot at the minimum quantity needed to dissolve it all, then crash it all out with ice cold acetone, which my compound is soluble, evaporate some isopropyl off under vacuum then make with
the acetone, miscible with IPA but the product isn't soluble in acetone, but is in IPA.

The acetone dilutes the isopropyl and forces the target compound to drop out. I'll wash the spent  quicklime too, with additional toluene to reclaim the product soaked into the slurry of CaO at bottom of the
sep funnel, decanting it off a couple of times before I deem it done. Then the gas generator and recrystallizing  product, taking melting points to verify purity before  it gets used in a reaction.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10771 on: July 07, 2018, 01:33:06 PM »
That's a bit rich coming from you, but not unexpected. You've been wanting to reignite the feud for ages but, as with everything else, you have trouble owning up to it. Spineless little cunt.

More projection.

Again, if I had wanted to restart a feud I would have done so before now. I have been ignoring your little snipes and everyone here has seen me keeping out of your way for the most part, and never over-extending myself or escalating things any more than you have, and letting YOU decide the level of discourse. I even praised you on occasion for doing so.

I can even evidence the praise easy enough.

So this is a blatant lie and not likely to convince anyone, leastwise me. So why are you a complete baldfaced liar? What do you imagine you get out of lying to yourself? Why would promoting your sliminess be a winner, do you think?

Stop lying to yourself, at least. Admit the passive-aggressive sig and the various underhanded comments. Own your actions. Own your words.

And ffs, stop using your daughter in this feud. Dishonest spineless little cunt.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10772 on: July 07, 2018, 01:33:40 PM »
Beware the powerful incantation, "gutless, spineless little cunt", lest it summon the Great Old Ones and summon us unto, madness, despair and death!   :zombie: :FSM:   :trollskull:

You should know.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #10773 on: July 07, 2018, 09:56:36 PM »
That's a bit rich coming from you, but not unexpected. You've been wanting to reignite the feud for ages but, as with everything else, you have trouble owning up to it. Spineless little cunt.

More projection.

Again, if I had wanted to restart a feud I would have done so before now. I have been ignoring your little snipes and everyone here has seen me keeping out of your way for the most part, and never over-extending myself or escalating things any more than you have, and letting YOU decide the level of discourse. I even praised you on occasion for doing so.

So this is a blatant lie and not likely to convince anyone, leastwise me. So why are you a complete baldfaced liar? What do you imagine you get out of lying to yourself? Why would promoting your sliminess be a winner, do you think?

Stop lying to yourself, at least. Admit the passive-aggressive sig and the various underhanded comments. Own your actions. Own your words.

And ffs, stop using your daughter in this feud. Dishonest spineless little cunt.

Pure projection!

Tell me, are you REALLY pretending that when YOU bring MY daughter into attack ME that YOU refuse to own it and then go one better and imply that ME railing against YOU and exposing YOU for doing that is now ME using MY daughter to attack YOU AND that I ought not defend myself or my family from your want to use them to attack me?

You are a fucking slimeball.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10774 on: July 07, 2018, 10:03:55 PM »
Thinking its just as well that the  windowcleaner isn't going to be cleaning windows today here. I bet he'd have quite the sight, seeing a guy hauling drums of acid, bare chested, just wearing trousers, boots, gloves, gas mask, goggles and personal blast-shield, working away behind the window.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10775 on: July 08, 2018, 01:03:00 AM »

More projection.

Pure projection!

Tell me, are you REALLY pretending that when YOU bring MY daughter into attack ME that YOU refuse to own it and then go one better and imply that ME railing against YOU and exposing YOU for doing that is now ME using MY daughter to attack YOU AND that I ought not defend myself or my family from your want to use them to attack me?

Own. Your. Words. Cunt.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10776 on: July 08, 2018, 03:26:48 AM »

More projection.

Pure projection!

Own. Your. Words. Cunt.

I have never NOT owned my words dumbarse.
Unlike you I am not slimy and disingenuous.
Here is how this works in your delusional mindset.

A) You have a truce with me. You are obliged not to get personal to disagree but not get personal and restart the feud.
B) You rail against Scrap for some dumb and really gross things that he said about young girls.
C) He ignores you
D) You keep railing against him
E) He still ignores you
F) You still rail against him
G) He says 'Hey I was drunk and shit talking, whatever"
H) You decide this tactic is not working as you want and start implying he may have a preference for small breasted women
I) I tell you that this is patently absurd because he has been posting big breasted women for the last 10 years and is one of the only one who DOES post nude women and almost all of them are big breasted. A definite type.
J) You get incensed at me and try to tell me what you had previously been railing against was the same though you were clearly saying something that was patently absurd and on its face pretty indefensible
K) You decide to get personal. You do this by bringing my daughter into an argument to point score and misrepresent a position as (paraphrased)  "If you are a parent of a daughter, then you need to agree with my position because the value you place on your daughter is necessarily wounded by NOT agreeing with my position and seeing sense in my nonsense. Any attack I make on Scrap MUST be allowed and defending him or disagreeing with my premises is lending him and his views credibility. This enables a creepy pedophile and thus you are devaluing all females including your daughter by defending him" (Yes this is exactly why you did what you did)
L) I tell you that you got personal and broke the truce and gloves are off
M) You try EVERY dishonest trick to downplay your transparent efforts and to project your shortcomings on me.
N) They don't work and you lose control of any ability to slime out of what you did and said.
O) You now run to the interesting concept of "ME defending YOU from attacking me by dragging my family into your arguments and pointing his out and railing against you is now ME bringing my daughter into arguments and somehow a bad thing".

I mean IF someone brings your family into an argument to attack you, you have NO means to defend and must never mention them? People ought to get that level of personal because any defence is somehow THEM misusing their own family.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10777 on: July 08, 2018, 05:34:01 AM »
I just did my first ever bit of IT help - Kayleigh's tablet wasn't getting any input from its keyboard. So I suggested that she turn the tablet off and then turn it back on again. :P

It worked and now Kayleigh is typing away.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #10778 on: July 08, 2018, 07:04:58 AM »
Next time send her to me.  :zoinks:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:14:24 AM by Gopher Gary »
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10779 on: July 08, 2018, 07:27:28 AM »

(lots of drivel deleted)

Wanker. How about taking a stress pill and moving on? I'm not going to continue responding to someone who distorts and lies about anything and everything.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10780 on: July 08, 2018, 08:46:54 AM »

(lots of drivel deleted)

Wanker. How about taking a stress pill and moving on? I'm not going to continue responding to someone who distorts and lies about anything and everything.

You mean you are not going to respond to someone who exposes you and is not put of by your acts of misdirection and project? Suits me fine. You will not enjoy having any defence though. You have a problem with containing yourself and self-control which is why you broke the truce. You will not be able to refrain from answering to what I lay at your feet. You will look weaker than you already are and it will give more weight and validity to that which I lay at your feet.

You have three choices as far as I can see:

1. Run to your mod tools to win the argument (that will look very bad. You break the truce and bring my family into an argument, then shitcan me when it doesn't go well for you)
2. Try doing what you are now and deny you did anything and misdirect and project your own faults onto me in hope I will stop or others will side with you - some will. But it will ultimately make you look bad because you do not have a leg to stand on. You were completely and transparently out of line and it is obvious.
3. You can stop replying to me and that will not stop me. You will have some sympathy for not carrying on with it like I will regardless BUT you will be exposed thoroughly and you know you have no self-control or contraint so you will eventually break.

Looks all kind of bad Odeon.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10781 on: July 08, 2018, 08:59:30 AM »
A very sad day, indeed!!

(stolen, blatantly from some random internet site and I am glad I found it!!!)

Obituary for Common Sense.

"We’ve lost a long time friend.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn’t always fair, and maybe it was my fault. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don’t spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned, but overbearing, regulations were set in place.

Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, teenagers suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they had themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer paracetamol, sun lotion or plaster to a pupil, but could not inform the parents when a pupil became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn’t defend yourself from a burglar in your own home, but the burglar could sue you for assault because you protected yourself and your own.

Common Sense finally passed away after a 7-year-old child was suspended from school for chewing a Pop Tart into the shape of a gun.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion, his daughter, Responsibility and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I’m A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized that he was gone.

If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

Common Sense finally bit the dust."

« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 09:04:02 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10782 on: July 08, 2018, 10:34:24 AM »
A very sad day, indeed!!

(stolen, blatantly from some random internet site and I am glad I found it!!!)

Obituary for Common Sense.

"We’ve lost a long time friend.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn’t always fair, and maybe it was my fault. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don’t spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned, but overbearing, regulations were set in place.

Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, teenagers suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they had themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer paracetamol, sun lotion or plaster to a pupil, but could not inform the parents when a pupil became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn’t defend yourself from a burglar in your own home, but the burglar could sue you for assault because you protected yourself and your own.

Common Sense finally passed away after a 7-year-old child was suspended from school for chewing a Pop Tart into the shape of a gun.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion, his daughter, Responsibility and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I’m A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized that he was gone.

If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

Common Sense finally bit the dust."

I thought it died years ago.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10783 on: July 08, 2018, 05:19:31 PM »
Why did I do that?  I know I'll regret it later.

Why didn't I do it?  I know I'll regret it later.

(Take your pick.  I'm guilty of both at the same time.)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10784 on: July 09, 2018, 01:52:24 AM »
I've always found it decidedly ironic, that it is  called 'common' sense.