Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201394 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10755 on: July 06, 2018, 03:48:10 AM »
Really liking Icequeen's new signature.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10756 on: July 06, 2018, 05:09:02 AM »
I wanted to plus you, but, it won't let me...again.  I'll save it for another day...if ever.
Just looked at the karma logs and saw that you have been yaying people, most recently Icequeen today. So it's all ok now?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #10757 on: July 06, 2018, 05:35:59 AM »

Time for me to make a new signature
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10758 on: July 06, 2018, 07:37:21 AM »
I wanted to plus you, but, it won't let me...again.  I'll save it for another day...if ever.
Just looked at the karma logs and saw that you have been yaying people, most recently Icequeen today. So it's all ok now?

It seems to happen the most when I yay people who are not popular.  But, I  :plus: you and it worked.  So it seems to be good for now.  Thanks!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10759 on: July 06, 2018, 08:25:23 AM »
Do you hear voices in addition to the paranoia?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #10760 on: July 06, 2018, 10:43:41 AM »

Time for me to make a new signature
An awesome Jack quote would have been better.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #10761 on: July 06, 2018, 01:39:31 PM »
Wondering with great anticipation, what chemicals and glassware I am about to treat myself to.

I KNOW I'll be getting myself some trichloroisocyanuric acid (TCCA), but I've got over a hundred quid to spend on many other delightful new toys and supplies to use in those toys.

Want more round bottomed flasks, I'd like, IF I can afford it, a new 2 liter separatory funnel, but definitely more RBFs in various sizes, from super-tiny, as little as 50ml, or even 25ml 3-neck RBFs, my smallest atm is 100ml or possibly 150ml, forget which. But thats 3/4 larger than I'd like my smallest to be. (I have rounded flasks with a single, long neck that are as small as 5ml, but not a highly advanced, full on ultra microscale kit.) So of course I need to buy the parts to put it together.

What to buy...what to treat myself to....oh i DO so wonder.......what'll it be first.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #10762 on: July 06, 2018, 02:25:13 PM »
Could have a go at starting a cold fusion reaction in those bung flasks of yours. Maybe create a little miracle or two in some of those test tubs.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10763 on: July 07, 2018, 01:35:26 AM »
Thinking about this place.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10764 on: July 07, 2018, 02:36:39 AM »
Thinking about this place.

Deliberately re-start a feud with me and now you have been somehow misrepresented and are "thinking about this place".

Fuck right off with the bullshit. You simply do not like being exposed for your hypocrisies, shitty behaviour and you do not wish to own your actions or the consequences of them. You are spineless, weak, immoral and pretty pathetic, Odeon.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10765 on: July 07, 2018, 04:37:41 AM »
That's a bit rich coming from you, but not unexpected. You've been wanting to reignite the feud for ages but, as with everything else, you have trouble owning up to it. Spineless little cunt.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #10766 on: July 07, 2018, 05:57:41 AM »
Cold fusion? if its even possible then we don't know how to do it.

I could certainly achieve hot fusion, and build what is basically a neutron flux generator, and a miniature star in a bottle (not a glass bottle, a wire grid) for a type of electrostatic confinement fusion known as a Farnsworth fusor. Fusing deuterium-tritium fuel mixtures (deuterium and tritium are by far the most common/well known isotopes of hydrogen, regular hydrogen being known as 'protium' when distinguishing it as an isotope is needed, the other, less well known would be an electron orbiting a positive muon, called muonic hydrogen, an element in its own right, that for the ortho-configuration of hydrogen (H has two different configurations, IIRC its related to the nuclear spin of the electron orbiting the proton which forms the nucleus, these being ortho- and para-hydrogen), has a different half life compared to para-muonic hydrogen.

Although its still damn short, about 2 microseconds, I would bet it has interesting chemical properties though with the muon evaporating, and leaving a bare electron behind, I bet it could  be used to embed charges in electrets via hydrogen embrittlement, only for the muon to decay, vanish, and leave the electret with a huge excess charge.

And of course, reductions with solvated electrons, just by firing a muonic hydrogen beam into say, anhydrous ammonia, with a particle accelerator (I say 'just', the concept is simple  enough but putting it into practice is rather more common.) and neatly, muons can also catalyze nuclear fusion, called, surprisingly enough, muon-catalyzed fusion)

While with current technology as has been applied in the construction and design of the Farnsworth-Hirsch fusor, break even, or positive net gain of power has never been realized due to large conductive losses on the grids, its certainly possible to initiate a fusion reaction with a deuterium-tritium fuel mixture, and confine it with an electrostatic potential across the grids of the fusor, giving you essentially, a star in a jar, spitting out hordes of neutrons every second, which can be used to irradiate things, after passing the neutrons through a moderator to slow them down, and this neutron irradiation can transmute elements into other elements via neutron capture. For example depleted uranium (238U) if irradiated with moderated, slowed down neutrons, would end up being transmuted to a mixture of plutonium 239 and neptunium, mostly as 237Np along with some of the isotope 239Np, that then decay after a short time depending on the isotope, back into isotopes of plutonium.

I wouldn't mind building a Farnsworth fusor sometime actually. And hey, what isn't to like about having a literal small star in a bottle of your very own, as long as you turn on the grid currents and supply the fuel for the plasma.

I'd fucking LOVE to see what the results would be like once we eventually get to not just room temperature but damn high temperature superconductors. Especially magnetic ones (magnetism is rare in superconductors, usually destroying the superconductivity, but they can exist. There is an alloy of neptunium which, although a low temperature (cryogenic, -hundreds of degrees) superconductor, it at least proves superconductivity in a magnetic material is possible.

Which if a high temperature one could be developed, eventually I reckon it probably will as we understand superconductors better and better, would allow for the addition of magnetic confinement by the grids themselves if made of such a magnetic superconductor, able to superconduct at high temperatures such as faced by the grids close to the plasma ball where nuclear fusion takes place, but the conductive losses....eventually the superconductor ought to saturate, and the conductive losses due to the grids be nullified, I think, at least.

Which would mean just having to run it for a long enough time for the superconductor to saturate it, or else artificially saturate it before turning it on, using an exterior implantation source to inject current into the grids, like a small LINAC running as an electron accelerator. Then hopefully that problem with the lossy grids would be solved.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10767 on: July 07, 2018, 06:02:15 AM »
That's a bit rich coming from you, but not unexpected. You've been wanting to reignite the feud for ages but, as with everything else, you have trouble owning up to it. Spineless little cunt.

More projection.

Again, if I had wanted to restart a feud I would have done so before now. I have been ignoring your little snipes and everyone here has seen me keeping out of your way for the most part, and never over-extending myself or escalating things any more than you have, and letting YOU decide the level of discourse. I even praised you on occasion for doing so.

I can even evidence the praise easy enough.

So this is a blatant lie and not likely to convince anyone, leastwise me. So why are you a complete baldfaced liar? What do you imagine you get out of lying to yourself? Why would promoting your sliminess be a winner, do you think?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10768 on: July 07, 2018, 08:02:24 AM »
What's My Crime    Good Clean Humour is a delightful, calming, peaceful thread.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10769 on: July 07, 2018, 08:42:33 AM »
Beware the powerful incantation, "gutless, spineless little cunt", lest it summon the Great Old Ones and summon us unto, madness, despair and death!   :zombie: :FSM:   :trollskull:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant