Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201386 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #8910 on: September 30, 2016, 12:35:43 PM »
One more trip to the supermarket.......... :GA:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8911 on: September 30, 2016, 04:30:20 PM »
One more trip to the supermarket.......... :GA:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #8912 on: September 30, 2016, 06:15:42 PM »
Did you read the article?

Sure did. Who do you imagine people in a Subreddit called r/The_Donald vote for? Alerting their membership to vote in polls and where they are is not brigading. But due to the sheer number of enthusiastic supporters it will have an effect - that is to show support for Donald Trump.

Washington Post will spin the article for Hillary and against Trump. They are partisan.

The reality is this debate was a wash. Hillary DID outperform and beat Trump but expectation was that she would win convincingly.... And she didn't. Her chance to show her strengths of policy and experience, and she could not do this well enough.

Expectation needs Hillary at around a 9/10 and Trump at around a 3/10. There was not much between them. Her at maybe 7.5/10 and he at about a 6/10.

The effect in polls will be negligible . She let a good opportunity go to waste. Next encounter both will have each other's measure. She unloaded most of her ammunition.  She still has Trump University left to hit him with. Him? He has plenty. Clinton Foundation's pay for play including sell off of 20% of US uranium to Russian interests, her perjury in relation to her emails, Benghazi, Whitewater, Travelgate, the immigration exodus, cattlegate.....too much ammunition. He'll have to cram to get it all in. She has one more bullet left.

Trumps rise has had the effect of turning key battleground states red. Not previously safe blue states for Democrats, like Minnesota,  Massachusetts and Illinois are not longer safe, but are being downgraded to "Leans Democrat". She needs to not JUST beat him but convincingly in the next two debates. Anything less will not check his rise.

Personally, I don't think she can do it. I think she is not evolving. I think she is what she is and will be. I think Trump adapts and is more than a little unpredictable. I think she may refine her technique slightly but then so will he. He will improve and their improvement will negate each other

Agreed, except that Hillary's got plenty of material to choose from, too, should she choose to go down that route. Trump has lied so many times about so much that it's enough for a dozen debates.

But Trump's core supporters probably won't be swayed unless he practically collapses, which he is unlikely to do. They ignore the fact that he is waffling, that he is unable to actually back himself up ("she's got experience but it's bad experience"). There is no substance but it won't matter.

From what I have read is that Trump supporters take him Seriously but not Literally and the anti-trump contingent do the opposite.  He talks a lot in generalities and waffles a bit.

But that said, he landed a few shots at her in the first half and she did back in the second. It was not a comprehensive win for either. She needs to put him away not just win, in order to arrest his rise. Him even getting a couple of jabs in is not good enough she needs to prove that he is as bad as what everyone has painted him and it did not look that in the debate.

He can mobilise crowds. He can run as a needed change agent. For this, he is rising in the polls. She must put him away in both remaining debates. If she can't,  I think he has one.

The Liberal press failing to treat him as an equal, worthy adversary and threat has worked against them and Hillary
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8913 on: October 01, 2016, 01:49:52 AM »
Quite frankly, I don't know how his supporters see his waffle. They can't take him literally and know what they are taking literally, because that would be insane. The liberal press is hardly to blame for their ineptness.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8914 on: October 01, 2016, 04:38:45 AM »
havnt posted anywhere in a while

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8915 on: October 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM »
Crush boi: "What are you doing on the saturday evening of [insert date]? Any plans?"

It was a conversation opener that sounded promising, very promising. But I knew it was too good to be true :P

What happened?  Why was he asking?  :orly:

Turns out somebody was asking over at the other office if my car was available for school formals. Said formal being on Saturday the 5th Nov.
He was just relaying the request. I'm sure his chosen approach was unintentional :P

I'm sure it was. But still...

Will you please tell him from me that 5th Nov is the day for the traditional British ceremony of "Burning the Guy" (it really is)  and that Walkie would like a few items of his clothing, and maybe a mask of his face to dress up her effigy with. All in community spirit. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

-walkie >:D

Remember, remember, the 5th of November.

I always seem to forget it for some reason, maybe because it's close to my birthday. An first official 'date' wish crush boi would have been a good way to make the date stick in my mind  :(. Nevermind, he'll just have to keep being my sham BF, where we go places together as friends and people mistake us for a couple LOL.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8916 on: October 01, 2016, 05:20:12 AM »
Ooh! Do Aussies celebrate Guy Fawkes Night too?

BTW, I  predict this custom going viral, and turning into International Anarchists Day, with people wearing Guy Fawes Masks turning the tables and  burning the Authoritarian Shitbags in effigy instead. That would be fun :)

-Walkie :)

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8917 on: October 01, 2016, 05:25:08 AM »
PS. Guy Fawkes night will prolly die out otherwise, at least here in Britain, cos it seems to coincincide with the tail-end of Diwali. So, we're all  pretty much bored shitless with fireworks by the time Guy Fawkes night arrives.:(

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8918 on: October 01, 2016, 05:36:58 AM »
No we don't unfortunately. In fact fireworks are barely legal here.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8919 on: October 01, 2016, 08:52:06 AM »
  I have to work on my communication deficiencies.  :yarly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #8920 on: October 01, 2016, 09:56:32 AM »
Quite frankly, I don't know how his supporters see his waffle. They can't take him literally and know what they are taking literally, because that would be insane. The liberal press is hardly to blame for their ineptness.

Had the Liberal press from get go treated Trump as an equal opponent but spun that he was.....I dunno.....smart and cunning. Lying and manipulative. A persuasive snake oil salesman. (not saying this is true or not) that would have positioned her much better for the debates. That would have been seen as an even contest.

Here they set the bar so high for her and so low for him that he doesn't ha e to do well and hewing. She has to do well and him to do badly and she wins. Even if she does better than him and he just does okay, he wins. Weight of unrealistic expectations.

Polls coming in now seem to suggest it's effect if anything favoured Trump. It is outlandish but I understand it.

This is her wheelhouse.  Trump is great at rallies and enthusiasm people. Great at whipping up people into a frenzy. At persuading people he is a change agent. That is his wheelhouse.

Debates therefore HAVE to be where she dominates. He he 10000-20000 at a rally and she gets 200. She can't win there. She has no personality and can't fake personality or humour or the ability to talk to little people. Debates are really it.

Don't get me wrong. I think she did better. This first debate she did well. Trump did not do as good. Trump wins because she did not make him look completely ineffectual.

Unless she can, people will ignore the debates and look at things like enthusiasm, energy, personality and ability to change things, all which favour Trump
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8921 on: October 01, 2016, 11:35:54 AM »
  I have to work on my communication deficiencies.  :yarly:

Whaaaa? you mean you're autistic, weeble ? oh noes.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8922 on: October 01, 2016, 11:42:35 AM »
No we don't unfortunately. In fact fireworks are barely legal here.
i often wish they were barely legal here, TBH

I live rather too close to the local Uni. Last year, we had the students running up and down the street, letting off fireworks willy-nilly. I almost got hit in the face by one. Unfortunately, none of the freakin' juvenile delinquents managed to fling one in the right direction.

The year before that, they set fire to the bins.

I'm not looking forward to seeing what kind of little prank they come up with this year

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8923 on: October 01, 2016, 11:51:11 AM »
PS. Anybody who still believes in British Education, stop it. It's just an empty  glossy package that we're selling to the rest of the world, because we haven't got anything else to sell.  I am only half  joking.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #8924 on: October 01, 2016, 11:51:47 AM »
Watching The U beat The Ramblin' Wreck.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue