Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201379 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #8895 on: September 28, 2016, 02:04:56 PM »
Cat hair.

Where the fuck does it all come from?

No wait...I think I know the answer.  :laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8896 on: September 28, 2016, 05:02:25 PM »
Cat hair.

Where the fuck does it all come from?

No wait...I think I know the answer.  :laugh:

Years ago, my friend's son picked a cat hair out of his food and disgustedly asked her,
  "Jesus, Ma, can't you cook anything without cat hair in it?!" :tantrum: She replied, "Apparently not."  :M
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #8898 on: September 28, 2016, 07:04:02 PM »
Did you read the article?

Sure did. Who do you imagine people in a Subreddit called r/The_Donald vote for? Alerting their membership to vote in polls and where they are is not brigading. But due to the sheer number of enthusiastic supporters it will have an effect - that is to show support for Donald Trump.

Washington Post will spin the article for Hillary and against Trump. They are partisan.

The reality is this debate was a wash. Hillary DID outperform and beat Trump but expectation was that she would win convincingly.... And she didn't. Her chance to show her strengths of policy and experience, and she could not do this well enough.

Expectation needs Hillary at around a 9/10 and Trump at around a 3/10. There was not much between them. Her at maybe 7.5/10 and he at about a 6/10.

The effect in polls will be negligible . She let a good opportunity go to waste. Next encounter both will have each other's measure. She unloaded most of her ammunition.  She still has Trump University left to hit him with. Him? He has plenty. Clinton Foundation's pay for play including sell off of 20% of US uranium to Russian interests, her perjury in relation to her emails, Benghazi, Whitewater, Travelgate, the immigration exodus, cattlegate.....too much ammunition. He'll have to cram to get it all in. She has one more bullet left.

Trumps rise has had the effect of turning key battleground states red. Not previously safe blue states for Democrats, like Minnesota,  Massachusetts and Illinois are not longer safe, but are being downgraded to "Leans Democrat". She needs to not JUST beat him but convincingly in the next two debates. Anything less will not check his rise.

Personally, I don't think she can do it. I think she is not evolving. I think she is what she is and will be. I think Trump adapts and is more than a little unpredictable. I think she may refine her technique slightly but then so will he. He will improve and their improvement will negate each other
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 07:14:36 PM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #8899 on: September 28, 2016, 10:39:24 PM »
'Sblood! who would EVER want to see what hilary is hiding under her rug?

Enough yeast to ferment the world's supply of beer for sure, and probably enough cheese to feed every last starving african on the planet..

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8900 on: September 28, 2016, 11:18:27 PM »
Did you read the article?

Sure did. Who do you imagine people in a Subreddit called r/The_Donald vote for? Alerting their membership to vote in polls and where they are is not brigading. But due to the sheer number of enthusiastic supporters it will have an effect - that is to show support for Donald Trump.

Washington Post will spin the article for Hillary and against Trump. They are partisan.

The reality is this debate was a wash. Hillary DID outperform and beat Trump but expectation was that she would win convincingly.... And she didn't. Her chance to show her strengths of policy and experience, and she could not do this well enough.

Expectation needs Hillary at around a 9/10 and Trump at around a 3/10. There was not much between them. Her at maybe 7.5/10 and he at about a 6/10.

The effect in polls will be negligible . She let a good opportunity go to waste. Next encounter both will have each other's measure. She unloaded most of her ammunition.  She still has Trump University left to hit him with. Him? He has plenty. Clinton Foundation's pay for play including sell off of 20% of US uranium to Russian interests, her perjury in relation to her emails, Benghazi, Whitewater, Travelgate, the immigration exodus, cattlegate.....too much ammunition. He'll have to cram to get it all in. She has one more bullet left.

Trumps rise has had the effect of turning key battleground states red. Not previously safe blue states for Democrats, like Minnesota,  Massachusetts and Illinois are not longer safe, but are being downgraded to "Leans Democrat". She needs to not JUST beat him but convincingly in the next two debates. Anything less will not check his rise.

Personally, I don't think she can do it. I think she is not evolving. I think she is what she is and will be. I think Trump adapts and is more than a little unpredictable. I think she may refine her technique slightly but then so will he. He will improve and their improvement will negate each other

Agreed, except that Hillary's got plenty of material to choose from, too, should she choose to go down that route. Trump has lied so many times about so much that it's enough for a dozen debates.

But Trump's core supporters probably won't be swayed unless he practically collapses, which he is unlikely to do. They ignore the fact that he is waffling, that he is unable to actually back himself up ("she's got experience but it's bad experience"). There is no substance but it won't matter.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8901 on: September 28, 2016, 11:21:25 PM »
'Sblood! who would EVER want to see what hilary is hiding under her rug?

I'd expect a lot of people. The same goes for Trump.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8902 on: September 29, 2016, 12:28:10 AM »
Trump does not possess  the kind of 'rug' that I meant.

And wondering if my resupplies are going to arrive today, plus kind of inwardly dreading it when they do, because I've got 1/4 of a ton of stuff to shift off my doorstep when the van with my things in it arrives, and a still really pretty damned sore foot to stand and walk on to do it with.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:32:54 AM by Lestat »

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #8903 on: September 29, 2016, 04:35:50 PM »
A doosh says what?
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8904 on: September 30, 2016, 12:10:38 AM »
Huh, trigger?

And slightly peeved that my shipment did not come yesterday. They claimed ordering before a certain, afternoon time meant most orders arrive next day. And considering I had to pay shipping (rather less than expected, given the weight. £30something. For 1/4 of a ton of goods I expected I'd be paying much more than that)

In fact I am going to take note of the shipping company that sends it, when they arrive. Then next time I buy on ebay, etc. and its within the british isles mainland, will tell them to use that company, if they are trying to charge me excessive shipping for a few kg of items, or for one piece of glass, etc. and point out to them quite how they are charging too much shipping fee, try get it knocked down.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #8905 on: September 30, 2016, 03:27:33 AM »
I should post the list of meds recommended for daily anxiety to get certain people's inputs on here.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8906 on: September 30, 2016, 06:07:11 AM »
Crush boi: "What are you doing on the saturday evening of [insert date]? Any plans?"

It was a conversation opener that sounded promising, very promising. But I knew it was too good to be true :P

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8907 on: September 30, 2016, 06:09:11 AM »
Crush boi: "What are you doing on the saturday evening of [insert date]? Any plans?"

It was a conversation opener that sounded promising, very promising. But I knew it was too good to be true :P

What happened?  Why was he asking?  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8908 on: September 30, 2016, 06:14:02 AM »

Turns out somebody was asking over at the other office if my car was available for school formals. Said formal being on Saturday the 5th Nov.
He was just relaying the request. I'm sure his chosen approach was unintentional :P

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8909 on: September 30, 2016, 10:40:16 AM »

Turns out somebody was asking over at the other office if my car was available for school formals. Said formal being on Saturday the 5th Nov.
He was just relaying the request. I'm sure his chosen approach was unintentional :P

I'm sure it was. But still...

Will you please tell him from me that 5th Nov is the day for the traditional British ceremony of "Burning the Guy" (it really is)  and that Walkie would like a few items of his clothing, and maybe a mask of his face to dress up her effigy with. All in community spirit. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

-walkie >:D