Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201386 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #7680 on: March 09, 2015, 10:27:22 AM »
If you're sick enough to post, trust me you don't have the flu.  With the flu I think I would have to die to feel better.  Just lay there and did nothing, literally nothing that involved voluntary muscles.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7681 on: March 09, 2015, 03:48:35 PM »
I kind of like the weird aches flu brings. Sometimes I state that I prefer a flu over a bad cold, because with a flu at least you feel ill all over, and not just drained, snotty and gross.

All those muscles and joints I'm only aware off when having flu, all the hair follicles that ache, I am in awe of all those things in my body able to present themselves undeniably, when I have the flu.

And then go for the necessary groceries, because the rest of the household is more sick, and has an even higher temperature.

:hyke:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7682 on: March 09, 2015, 05:09:55 PM »
If you're sick enough to post, trust me you don't have the flu.  With the flu I think I would have to die to feel better.  Just lay there and did nothing, literally nothing that involved voluntary muscles.

Pills help to bring down the fever so you can post. But yeah, all I could do before that was to lie down and shiver but desperately trying not to, since it hurts.

The fever is returning, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7683 on: March 12, 2015, 05:10:03 AM »
Funny, this. We had friends visiting on Saturday evening. I was feeling fine but some of the discussion was about people everywhere getting sick, so I felt I had to point out I never get the flu.

:-[

:LMAO:

Too funny. And dangerous too. I've told people I will not participate in that flu hype everone is going through.

I may be doomed.

No proper flu, just gastroenteritis. Bellyflu, is the literal translation for the word for that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7684 on: March 12, 2015, 06:32:52 AM »
Funny, this. We had friends visiting on Saturday evening. I was feeling fine but some of the discussion was about people everywhere getting sick, so I felt I had to point out I never get the flu.

Too funny. And dangerous too. I've told people I will not participate in that flu hype everone is going through.

I may be doomed.

Probably so.

There might be some substance to the Shaman words that you create your own universe with your thoughts.
I do know that when I pretend to "brag" about being healthy, I am soon struck down.

Coincidence? Not sure whether or not I believe in them, but I certainly believe in a form of synchronicity that seems to fall inline with a the PUREST interpretation of entropy.

Open your mouth and you are throatfucked.

:dunno:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7685 on: March 12, 2015, 07:04:07 AM »
Really sick of this whole flu thing now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7686 on: March 12, 2015, 07:24:16 AM »

I may be doomed.

Probably so.

There might be some substance to the Shaman words that you create your own universe with your thoughts.
I do know that when I pretend to "brag" about being healthy, I am soon struck down.

Coincidence? Not sure whether or not I believe in them, but I certainly believe in a form of synchronicity that seems to fall inline with a the PUREST interpretation of entropy.

Open your mouth and you are throatfucked.

:dunno:

Maybe bragging about health happens more, when some bug is about to conquer. As if to scare the bugs away, but they do not give a shit about words.
I often feel very well, just a day before a flu hits. 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7687 on: March 12, 2015, 06:41:42 PM »
Perfectionism, procrastination, and fear get the hell out of my life!  Just shoo.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7688 on: March 12, 2015, 08:37:26 PM »
Really sick of this whole flu thing now.

All OK here, but both my kids have missed a week of school due to something like a flu.

:GA:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7689 on: March 14, 2015, 05:18:37 PM »
It seems to finally be over.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7690 on: March 14, 2015, 05:20:57 PM »
Good, hope you'll get back your strength soon.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7691 on: March 14, 2015, 05:25:05 PM »
Me too. Still weak as a kitten and still coughing my lungs up, but I am getting better.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7692 on: March 14, 2015, 09:45:37 PM »

I am hoping that my neighbor can find a use for some of the old classic gear I gave him.

... a stereo compressor (for finish mastering of recorded conglomerate tracks or output to a large "house" system - which means a stadium sized sound re-enforcement system if need be or just your own recordings), a single channel a digital delay with stereo outputs (capable of one one hundredth of a second delay all the way the a full second of delay, rollback, soundover and flanging effects, reverb, slapback, panning and chorus effects from even one note to a stereo output), a pair or single channel notch filters (tunable from fifteen hertz to fifteen kilohertz - one sixth of an octave bandwidth at up to twenty four dB down at the tuning frequency) and an old stereo or three-way crossover (settings from ten Hertz to ten thousand hertz) that will help him get a better sound out of his monitor's sub-woofer system ...

Honestly, I have not used this gear in almost twenty years, but he has a fairly cool little MIDI recording studio set up in his basement. He can get way more use from this gear than I ever will again.

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #7693 on: March 15, 2015, 01:21:35 PM »
Don't screw this up.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7694 on: March 15, 2015, 03:46:35 PM »
So sick of this.

- Albert Einstein