Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201393 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #7665 on: March 06, 2015, 02:56:40 PM »
Got a major difficult purchase out the way.  PA thinks I'm nuts buying swimsuits in March, but the selection is best now.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7666 on: March 06, 2015, 03:32:19 PM »
So basically the dream is telling you to relax, don't be afraid of change (you will have help), and think about who you are and what you value, and you will realise something profound from that. :)

Wow. That's what it is about? Cos I don't remember dying in a dream lately.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7667 on: March 06, 2015, 11:33:21 PM »
Thinking about a weird dream I had last night.

In the dream, I had a heart attack and died. I was then resurrected on a Friday evening (yes, I got that from the dream!) and ended up leaving a party of some description, carrying my new telescope, still in its box. A friend helped me carry it and we ended up outside a mall that was mostly closed down, on a steep hill. I was worried since I had had a heart attack and died, and knew that my arteries were clogged and I could drop dead again any second. I climbed up and down the hill while my friend remained next to a store with the box.

He decided to open the box and assemble the scope, but he kept dropping the parts and had problems understanding the instructions. The tube was too narrow, which made me very upset and even more worried, so I kept climbing around. There was no way the telescope could have the right aperture.

He finally managed to finish building the thing, but the hill was too steep and we found ourselves on a beach instead, finally testing the scope. That was when I noticed that it was only a cardboard tube and the eyepiece was missing.

What the hell is Freud trying to tell me? :P

Regrets can come in small packages and can manifest over time. Fuck that. It is yours, now. Just use it!
Make sure you have a decent tripod, OK eyepiece (get some lens spray, in case it is cold), workable sky map (I recommend downloading a number of star charts onto a laptop that you take with you), choose your viewing evenings well and  just enjoy the damn thing, as my son and I did a few years ago.

Take along a snack and make a night of it.

Forget regrets.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7668 on: March 06, 2015, 11:47:39 PM »

What I was thinking is that I am in over my head.

On the twentieth of this month, I am taking my daughter to see one of her favorite bands, LIVE!!

Skillet performs LIVE in Indianapolis and I have tickets.

I want to see if they are really as good live as ...

Dunno. My daughter wants to see them. I know we will be 'christianized and witnessed to' before we are done, but, honestly, this a hard rockin' alternative band and my beautiful daughter loves them.

I am actually looking forward to it. It has been almost a year since I heard LIVE music. I am "jonesin'" a bit!!

I may be over my head!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7669 on: March 07, 2015, 01:18:18 AM »
Thinking about a weird dream I had last night.

In the dream, I had a heart attack and died. I was then resurrected on a Friday evening (yes, I got that from the dream!) and ended up leaving a party of some description, carrying my new telescope, still in its box. A friend helped me carry it and we ended up outside a mall that was mostly closed down, on a steep hill. I was worried since I had had a heart attack and died, and knew that my arteries were clogged and I could drop dead again any second. I climbed up and down the hill while my friend remained next to a store with the box.

He decided to open the box and assemble the scope, but he kept dropping the parts and had problems understanding the instructions. The tube was too narrow, which made me very upset and even more worried, so I kept climbing around. There was no way the telescope could have the right aperture.

He finally managed to finish building the thing, but the hill was too steep and we found ourselves on a beach instead, finally testing the scope. That was when I noticed that it was only a cardboard tube and the eyepiece was missing.

What the hell is Freud trying to tell me? :P

Regrets can come in small packages and can manifest over time. Fuck that. It is yours, now. Just use it!
Make sure you have a decent tripod, OK eyepiece (get some lens spray, in case it is cold), workable sky map (I recommend downloading a number of star charts onto a laptop that you take with you), choose your viewing evenings well and  just enjoy the damn thing, as my son and I did a few years ago.

Take along a snack and make a night of it.

Forget regrets.

No regrets. The scope arrived yesterday and I'm going to assemble it today. Of course, it is now cloudy, with some rain.

I'm really going to enjoy it. I haven't owned a telescope in years and have wanted a decent one for decades.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7670 on: March 07, 2015, 01:57:29 AM »

What did you get?

I bought my son a little six inch catadioptric Celestron, but living here in central Indiana it was frustrating for him. Every time there was some event or great view of a planet he really wanted to observe, it was cloudy. Going out in clear twenty degree F weather to explore the moon became a chore to him more quickly than I had planned.

Anyway, after a couple years, we gave it to a younger nephew. Last fall, after finding an accessory fifty-X eyepiece that I had bought to increase magnification (never used), the cousin/nephew was happy to have it and was still enjoying using the simple telescope.
They live way out in the "sticks" in northern IN and often enjoy cool clear skies with no city lights for miles. I can not imagine a better gift for a child who lives in a place where the skies are black at night.
 :apondering:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7671 on: March 07, 2015, 02:11:12 AM »
I got a 6" Sky-Watcher Newtonian on an EQ mount. Two eyepieces (10mm and 25mm) and a Barlow. A 2" Crayford focuser.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #7672 on: March 08, 2015, 02:56:42 PM »
Oh bother

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7673 on: March 08, 2015, 07:40:34 PM »
Heaven help us.  I'm the tech expert in the Palace.  I traced the ding-ding-ding to a cell phone with a dying battery.  But I set the burglar/fire alarm off (we don't have a code to turn it off -- it eventually stopped), tracked the annoying noise to the bag of garbage ready to be thrown out tomorrow morning, sifted through the garbage, found the phone, determined that the screen was frozen in the locked position and took the damn battery out.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7674 on: March 08, 2015, 11:03:09 PM »
I got a 6" Sky-Watcher Newtonian on an EQ mount. Two eyepieces (10mm and 25mm) and a Barlow. A 2" Crayford focuser.

Nice. I hope can get a lot of use from it!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7675 on: March 09, 2015, 01:04:56 AM »
I haven't assembled it yet. I'm down with the flu and suspect it's a bad idea to even try while sick. I'll just drop things and regret it later.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7676 on: March 09, 2015, 01:17:47 AM »
I haven't assembled it yet. I'm down with the flu and suspect it's a bad idea to even try while sick. I'll just drop things and regret it later.

I am fine, but I have two kids in the house who have been down with the flu.

I tried to send my son to school on Tuesday, but we got a call from the school nurse, requesting that we pick him up. He has not attended school this past week.

My daughter missed three days.

It is very difficult to leave for work and leave two sick kids in bed.

:GA:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7677 on: March 09, 2015, 01:20:50 AM »
Funny, this. We had friends visiting on Saturday evening. I was feeling fine but some of the discussion was about people everywhere getting sick, so I felt I had to point out I never get the flu.

:-[

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7678 on: March 09, 2015, 03:12:38 AM »
Funny, this. We had friends visiting on Saturday evening. I was feeling fine but some of the discussion was about people everywhere getting sick, so I felt I had to point out I never get the flu.

:-[

:LMAO:

Too funny. And dangerous too. I've told people I will not participate in that flu hype everone is going through.

I may be doomed.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7679 on: March 09, 2015, 03:53:16 AM »
I have only had the flu three times, the second being the worst. I woke up fine and then felt like I was dying by the end of the day.

Because I have asthma, my doctor insists that I have a flu vaccination every year. The last sickness I had was laryngitis three years ago. Haven't been sick since. Now that I have written this I may get something.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae