Author Topic: Disgusting slag  (Read 4118 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Disgusting slag
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »
Can you make a factual argument for your side?  That it is right to sexualize 7 year old girls?

I don't think that either of us is making that point. We have simply stated that neither Squiddy nor Soph have provided any evidence to prove their point. This kind of "sexualization" of a 7 year old, may not in fact, have any harmful effects on the kids mental development.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2011, 02:18:18 PM »
It isn't necessary to meet every mother. .

Generlisations do not work , fact.

No, it's not a fact, just an opinion.

Again , if sexualisation of children is "just an opinion" why is it illegal to go and have sex with a 7 year old?
Law relies on fact , the Law is a fact , it is wrong to sexualise children , simple.

The law doesn't determine what's right and wrong, the law is one thing and one thing only, force.

I think you'll find it does in most cases , on the current issue it does determine what is right and wrong.

Can you make a factual argument for your side?  That it is right to sexualize 7 year old girls?

I don't think that either of us is making that point. We have simply stated that neither Squiddy nor Soph have provided any evidence to prove their point. This kind of "sexualization" of a 7 year old, may not in fact, have any harmful effects on the kids mental development.

So what kind of evidence do you require?

All Semi has done is link to wikipedia articles and go on off on a self-important rampage claiming I am some kind of opinion-restricting nazi , and all you have done is claim I am a "PC idiot"
Where have the pair of you backed yourselves up?
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Osensitive1

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »
Many kids are exposed violent images too early too.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2011, 03:04:58 PM »
Many kids are exposed violent images too early too.

:agreed:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2011, 03:41:16 PM »
Can you make a factual argument for your side?  That it is right to sexualize 7 year old girls?

:indeed:

I see two sides to this debate: a mother has the right to raise her child how she wishes without interference, and the gift of a plastic surgery gift certificate outweighs this right by sexualizing the child at a young age and harming the child. I don't think that anyone here sees the gift as definitely good; I just don't think that Squiddy and Soph have proven their points that it's inherently a bad thing, or that it deserves intervention.

I can make a logical argument for my position. The right of a parent to choose how to raise a child is a fundamental one. (Here is a link to an article about a US Supreme Court case that dealt with the issue.) A child cannot make decisions for himself/herself, so someone must make those decisions. The two logical choices are the government and the child's parents (both have an interest in the welfare of the child). The government must act in the interests of everyone; it cannot give individual attention to the needs of each child (citizens must be equal in the eyes of the law). In addition, parents can be presumed to act in the child's best interests, and the government should stay out of citizens' private lives as much as possible. Thus, parents have a fundamental right to act for their children. I believe that this right should be overridden if the child is significantly harmed by the decision of a parent. Soph and Squiddy have not provided any evidence, other than bare assertions, that the gift of a plastic surgery gift certificate harms this girl enough to override her mother's right to raise her as she wishes.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2011, 04:19:54 PM »
Ok then you want evidence.

Here is an article on the affect of Airbrushing on Women: http://www.helium.com/items/1703323-airbrushing-and-body-image

http://ap.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/30/3/257

That is about eating disorders and ir particular:

At the same time, rates of some eating disorders in women, such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, are rising (3), and increasing numbers of men are seeking treatment as well (4). Patients are being referred at progressively younger ages (5). There is a significant dichotomy between society’s idealized rail-thin figure and the more typical American body. The reasons for this are complex and likely involve the interplay of media pressure to be thin, family eating and exercise patterns, and a relative surplus of non-nutritious food. Dietary restriction leads to a repetitive pattern of self-deprivation, which can result in bingeing, weight gain, and worsening self-image.

Although it is tempting to blame today’s media for perpetuating and glorifying unrealistic standards of physical beauty, the truth is far more complicated. Throughout history, the dominant political climate and cultural ideals always have shaped the public’s perception of the ideal female body type. However, today’s culture is unique in that the media (including television, Internet, movies, and print) is a far more powerful presence than ever before. This article gives examples of changing ideals over time, explores possible explanations for the relationship between obesity rates and the prevalence of eating disorders (including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating) and identifies possible avenues for prevention and change.

Effects of Plastic Surgery on society: http://www.slideshare.net/MrG/plastic-surgery-facts-statistics-and-effects-on-society

http://www.drfpalmer.com/teenagers_and_plastic_surgery.html

Yes, I have noticed a rather disturbing trend in the past several years where teens are asking for more radical, body-altering types of Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Procedures.  Not only are there more teens seeking surgery but the teens seem to be younger and younger.  In the past several years, we have been contacted, on numerous occasions, by 13 year-old’s asking for Breast Augmentation, Liposuction and major bone reshaping surgery of the face.  Many of these teens have indicated that their parents approved of the surgery because they had a similar procedure at the same age. 

Basically , if you brainwash a child with thinking plastic surgery is ok , there is a very high possibilty they will develop Anorexia , Bulemia etc etc , oh and are more likely to develop an addiction to plastic surgery.
I don't know why I had to point this out as due to the many news reports I would have thought both of you would have picked up on this.

Semi are you done with your self-important little tirade?  ::)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2011, 04:42:58 PM »
If you look how this thread started i think Soph

saw something in the paper and thought  'WTF'

so he posted the article and gave his opinion.

There is no fact of actual damage to this girl as she hasn't

grown up yet!   I think you are arguing for the sake of

it (or whatever reason i am too naive,  or still too new

to understand)    Why are you demanding such

accuracies in facts when the OP has not indicated

replies need to be ?

Sorry but i thought this was an interesting post, and

now i don't really want to bother reading anymore

due to nit picking... i just don't get it!

blah blah blah

Osensitive1

« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2011, 04:47:02 PM »
Have always had the impression Heinrich likes debating, so view debate as the point of his threads like this; sometimes I play, sometimes not.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2011, 04:47:08 PM »
Semi we don't care about the US Supreme Court cases. Neither of us are american anyway

A parent should be able to raise their child as they see fit TOO AN EXTENT

A child is not an object or a toy. They are people themselves and in some extreme cases they do need protection from their own parents

Of course the kid might turn out fine. A child who's been physically abused might turn out fine as an adult too. Doesn't make it right

I don't really see what evidence we need to provide. it is wrong to try and mold your 7 year old daughter into a fucking whore

And no I am not saying getting a boob job makes you a whore, before Scrap jumps on me for that

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2011, 04:48:59 PM »
bodaccea - yeah that is pretty much it. Obviously there is no proof that the girl will be fucked up by this, and I really hope that she won;t be

Jack - that is the reason for a lot of my threads yeah, but this one actually wasn't intended to spark debate as I genuinely didn't think many people would disagree with me about it being terrible. that's not to say I am bothered by debate in this thread though. Just wasn't my intention

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2011, 04:50:03 PM »
If you look how this thread started i think Soph

saw something in the paper and thought  'WTF'

so he posted the article and gave his opinion.

There is no fact of actual damage to this girl as she hasn't

grown up yet!   I think you are arguing for the sake of

it (or whatever reason i am too naive,  or still too new

to understand)    Why are you demanding such

accuracies in facts when the OP has not indicated

replies need to be ?

Sorry but i thought this was an interesting post, and

now i don't really want to bother reading anymore

due to nit picking... i just don't get it!

I'll just point out , it started with Scrap saying Soph was wrong because he was against this:

Soph, if you're to convince people that you're a guy, you're not legaly allowed to object to boobs.  :dunno:

I didn't write that rule, I'm just pointing it out. As wrong as it is for this woman to push her daughter into plastic surgery, it's boobs were talking about here and heterosexual males must recuse themselves on this issue.

Objecting to bigger boobs just isn't allowed.  :police:

My point was his ethics are severely fucked up , and Semi came in for some reason and started screaming about me making ad hominem attackss or w.e.

Hopefully this clears things up Bodie.
Semi we don't care about the US Supreme Court cases. Neither of us are american anyway

A parent should be able to raise their child as they see fit TOO AN EXTENT

A child is not an object or a toy. They are people themselves and in some extreme cases they do need protection from their own parents

Of course the kid might turn out fine. A child who's been physically abused might turn out fine as an adult too. Doesn't make it right

I don't really see what evidence we need to provide. it is wrong to try and mold your 7 year old daughter into a fucking whore

And no I am not saying getting a boob job makes you a whore, before Scrap jumps on me for that

:agreed: :indeed:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2011, 04:52:59 PM »
Yeah Scrap was hardly making a brilliantly backed-up argument by saying no real guys can "object to big boobs", which nobody was actually doing

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2011, 04:55:33 PM »
Yeah Scrap was hardly making a brilliantly backed-up argument by saying no real guys can "object to big boobs", which nobody was actually doing

So by his argument that makes me a woman because I am not attracted to boobs or anything remotely female.

:zoinks:  :vibrator:  :bounce:  :vibe:  :nerdy:

Osensitive1

« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2011, 10:34:13 AM »
Jack - that is the reason for a lot of my threads yeah, but this one actually wasn't intended to spark debate as I genuinely didn't think many people would disagree with me about it being terrible. that's not to say I am bothered by debate in this thread though. Just wasn't my intention
Maybe not intended to spark debate but to be expected. There's no shortage of devil's advocates here who like debate as well and your PPR related threads usually hook at least one. Then the advocates lure in the others who also like to debate though share the other point of view. Then sometimes someone throws a sucker punch and things get rowdy.

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2011, 11:01:43 AM »
Maybe not intended to spark debate but to be expected. There's no shortage of devil's advocates here who like debate as well and your PPR related threads usually hook at least one. Then the advocates lure in the others who also like to debate though share the other point of view. Then sometimes someone throws a sucker punch and things get rowdy.

Although to be fair , threads about the most random and non-controversial of things have sparked callouts  :laugh: