Educational

Author Topic: The reason for my (lack of) hostility towards Benji  (Read 7580 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
The reason for my (lack of) hostility towards Benji
« on: May 22, 2011, 01:41:54 PM »
I thought it would make sense for me to explain a little of why I am so hostile towards Benji, and dismiss claims that I am a sheeptard who is just picking on him to fit into "the group."

Two of the things that I hate most in the world are racism and homophobia. My reasons for hating homophobia are pretty obvious. I'm happy to take a friendly teasing about my sexuality, but I have genuine disgust for anybody who appears to be a genuine homophobe, or who has anti-gay views.

My issues with Benji go back to our time on WP. He was posting as Murphycop, and his homophobic views were quite well known on the site. He spent most of his time sleazing at Emlion, but when he wasn't sleazing on her/him/them, he was exhibiting his massive butthurt at WP having a GLBT forum, but no heterosexual non-transgender forum. Mostly that just showed him up as the under-devoloped man-child that he is, but he was prepared to sink into far more disturbing territory when attempting to explain his views.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf151818-0-90.html
^I'll shorten some of my own posts slightly to avoid a page-long text pyramid, but this can be read in its proper context on pages 6 and 7 of the above link.

Benji: Anyway, gay people have it pretty good here. I know a lot of the US is way behind us. A lot of people who are against homosexuals, seem to have the view, "just keep your perversions behind closed doors".

Me: I wouldn't say we've got it all that good at all. I've remained in the closet to avoid the trouble and harrasment that comes with being openly gay. I know a few gay people in the town that I live in, and they can't walk down the street without being verbally abused. They have regularly had their property vandalized. And on top of that gay marriage is still not allowed, and AFAIK in the case of gays who have married abroad, still not legally recognized.

Benji: Well sorry you're put in that situation, i'm not saying the country has no homophobes left in it, but as far as the media goes, you can't say a bad word against gay people. How did people know that couple were gay, or did they just assume cause they were living together? Being against homosexuals is fair enough I guess, but when they start bullying them and vandalizing their property, they need to be dealt with by the police. But for criminal damage and verbal abuse, they shouldn't be punished more severely cause the incidents were aimed at gay people.

Me: The gay people that I was talking about are openly gay. They make no secret of their sexuality.

Benji: Well I guess a lot of people still don't like it shoved in their faces. I can't really blame them for that, its no excuse to do what they did though.

Her thinks that people who are openly gay are shoving it in peoples faces, and he can't blame people for taking action, although he does concede that physical or verbal abuse is wrong.

This is why I detest Benji, and believe him to be human vermin. This is why I will be openly hostile towards him as long as we share an unmoderated forum. The guy makes me sick.

There are a few more threads were he gives opinions on the subject:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt149262.html :- are lesbians virgins for life

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt151354.html :- Thank you for making glbt forums

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt151818.html :- Gay marriages in church

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt153100.html :- Any chance of a straight and non transexual forum

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt151474.html :- Gender options on forums

I was almost prepared to give him a chance when he started posting on this forum, but as soon as he started his blackmail of MLA an CG I decided that I was not prepared to be civil towards this guy.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:39:34 PM by Butterflies »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: The reason for my hostility towards Benji
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 01:50:27 PM »
hmm, gotta admit I had totally forgotten about the murphycop stuff. Wasn't thinkin of him in relation to that. since he's been back here I haven't hhad a problem with him really

But yeah murphycop, if he wasn't just trolling, really did show him in a bad way

To me he came across as (when postin as murphycop) as quite young, insecure, not very intelligent and very resentful of society

I dunno whether it was all an act, but I do think it was at least based on genuine views he held

If he was being totally sincere, then yes he embarrassingly retarded

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 01:53:39 PM »
hmm, gotta admit I had totally forgotten about the murphycop stuff. Wasn't thinkin of him in relation to that. since he's been back here I haven't hhad a problem with him really

But yeah murphycop, if he wasn't just trolling, really did show him in a bad way

To me he came across as (when postin as murphycop) as quite young, insecure, not very intelligent and very resentful of society

I dunno whether it was all an act, but I do think it was at least based on genuine views he held

If he was being totally sincere, then yes he embarrassingly retarded

That wasn't trolling, although he will claim that it was. He is a right wing freak.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 01:54:12 PM »
It was kinda sad really. He seemed obsessed with gay/trans stuff

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 02:00:54 PM »
It was kinda sad really. He seemed obsessed with gay/trans stuff

Maybe he's in the closet   :zoinks:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Osensitive1

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »
Thanks for explaining that. Didn't really think it was herd mentality, but wasn't aware of these points. Much better position than who is smartest autist.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 02:20:44 PM »
Thanks for explaining that. Didn't really think it was herd mentality, but wasn't aware of these points. Much better position than who is smartest autist.

I know the "smartist autist" thing was childish. I can be a childish person :)

Osensitive1

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 02:29:35 PM »
Smartest autist makes me think of that show, The Weakest Link. When it first started, used to enjoy saying, 'You are the Stinkest Geek'. Sometimes I can be childish too. :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 02:34:56 PM by Jack »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 04:16:46 PM »

Almost 1000 posts is one hell of an act to keep up if it isn't based in reality.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 04:35:25 PM »

Almost 1000 posts is one hell of an act to keep up if it isn't based in reality.

It's usually pretty obvious if someone's trolling. If he was trolling, his posts would have contained intentional humour.

To accuse people who are openly gay of shoving it in peoples faces shows that he really does have some serious homophobia issues. I think he is scum.

Quote from: benji
Well I guess a lot of people still don't like it shoved in their faces. I can't really blame them for that

eris

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 06:34:11 PM »
I think you have a good reason to be annoyed.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 06:46:52 PM »
I think you have a good reason to be annoyed.

Thanks. I thought it was best to explain the reasons behind by serious dislike of Benji, rather than have certain people assume this whole issue was about Benji being bullied.

Usually I find internet drama fun, but he just sickens me. I find the fact that he has managed to convince people that he's really a decent guy incredible.

I know this shows my inexperience on fora, but I've never come across such a fake slimy creepy bastard.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 07:11:34 PM »

It's usually pretty obvious if someone's trolling. If he was trolling, his posts would have contained intentional humour.

To accuse people who are openly gay of shoving it in peoples faces shows that he really does have some serious homophobia issues. I think he is scum.

Quote from: benji
Well I guess a lot of people still don't like it shoved in their faces. I can't really blame them for that

My ex thought that way too, gay festivals, gays who have signs on their doors saying "I am gay and proud of it" or having gay symbols or wearing gay symbol clothing or acting on it like holding hands, was shoving it in his face. Even if they were both doing stuff together that a man and woman would do on a date, he saw it as shoving it in his face.

He was just a bitter man and very negative on life. Also narrow minded and bigoted towards gays and bisexuals, and closed minded. He was that way about lot of stuff.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 09:55:42 AM »
 :rofl:

You've gone back to this now Glenn?  And don't make out you're all upset about the CG midlife things, its deeper than that.  I noticed you were getting bitchy before that, after I didn't answer your psycho questions about me, and the fauxsexual thread.  

You seem like the kind of tard that will call a spade a digging tool.  To think someone like me is homophobic, really shows how shut off from the world you are.  My agenda with murhycop was attack wp's huge double standards.  There's a transgender forum, but not a men's.  What the hell is with that.  If you go back to my first post, it was about "human rights", if I remember correctly.  When I was first banned, it when some pantygram lookalike gay guy, who said something like "I like a good cock in my arse".  And I said that was too much info.  Not just cause I don't wanna hear about it, but cause he was an oth.  Then he asked me if I wasn't just a complete fucking retard, instead of having AS.  And that I should go and kill myself.  Now after that, sins gave me a warning, then banned me for being "hompophobic".  When I explained to Alex about the situation, he just said "wah, human rights man".  Coming from a cunt who's against freedom of speech, thats rich.  I noticed a lot of shit like that happens on the site, if you're female, transexual or gay, or some complete liberal hypocrite, you'll get away with saying things, that would have you banned, if you were a straight guy with views an inch of a liberal fanatic.  I proved that when I had a female troll, to piss of sins, I said worse things with her than ever, but wasn't banned untill I told everyone who I was.  I'm wondering if you do have this moronic view that "wah, he hates blacks and gays, he's a nazi", or its your new idea to bring me down.  I think the real reason for all this is cause I said you were a fake lesbian, and holy shit did it hit a nerve!  I'm not against blacks and gays, i'm against double standards, especially when they affect me.  I've got black friends, and Muslims friends.  I've had black people sleep in the same room as me  :o  when we were friends as kids.  I've been out to lunch with a gay guy, with just me and him on the table, and probably the whole town knows he's gay.  Not sure i'd have done all this if I was the kind of person you're making me out to be.  You're the real retard for having such black and white judgement skills.  And I didn't expect Soph to start eating out of your hand.  I know you fancy Butterflies Soph, but you're not that naive are you?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:58:26 AM by benjimanbreeg »
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 09:59:37 AM »
A good way to recognize a homophobe is when he says something as silly as "I once had lunch with a gay"  :LOL:

A racist when he says something as silly as "I once even slept in the same room as a black"  :LOL:

Most people don't consider the above instances to be accomplishments.