Author Topic: People's views regarding transpeople  (Read 14111 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: People's views regarding transpeople
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2011, 06:43:15 AM »
wow thazt post was longer than I meant it to be, sorry :P

That is about half the size of my average post. You don't have any reason to apologise.

As to answering the post. Think back Soph. I was attacking everything that you held of value and identified with. Your gender, your sexuality, your pets, pretty well anything. Why?
To piss you off.
Saying horrible things about Transgendered people or saying horrid things about your pets...it was not nice but it was in response to behaviours from you and Bint that I did not like an did was far from the only one (though i was by far the most brutal).
As I said then and now. All's fair. Shots were fired from you and Bint, my direction and my direction back and visa versa.

So do I consider it better or worse? I see it all as about on par. I did not whine or complaint or ask either of you to stop or apologise at any point.

Am I transphobic? No. I do reserve the right to like or hate or be indifferent to any individual and occasionally I do flame and am prepared to up the ante and get rather visceral and nasty, depending on provocation or desired effect.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2011, 07:17:55 AM »
Oh god, don't even get me started on he/she. Funny story - I've always referred to Soph as a he. Until Facebook. Then I don't want to say she, because I view him as a he, but I know his Mum is on there. So one day when Carla was worried about Soph and I was trying to respond and needed to do it in 3 sentences, I referred to Soph in the third person in every sentence simply because I didn't know any other way to do it. I went back later and read it and laughed out loud because it looked absurd. :laugh:

Gay, straight, bi, trans, crossdressers. have friends who fall under those categories. Doesn't bother me in the least. It's the person I care about, not the title.

LOL, yeah, the times I am on FB, I do have to think on how to address Soph too.  :lol:

Indifference, yeah, people are fucked up.

Whenever I read things like this, it makes me think of a time when a grown-up woman told me, that she had seen how my 9 year old brother, one of the friends of her son, had gotten beaten up badly by two 12 year olds. She did not intervene, why would she? She just watched and passed by, and had a really saucy story to tell.

Fucked up big time. And alas, that will happen always and everywhere. .
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2011, 07:24:32 AM »
And Squiddy (not sure I'm right in including him here but I'm pretty sure he won't care) is a lot of fun. Doesn't take himself too seriously, is witty and open, and is secure enough to ignore a grumpy old man like me inadvertently stepping on sensitive toes.

Aww , I'm blushing!  :emb:
And no I'm not too bothered about being mentioned here , I'm aware my gender and my behaviour can confuse people , I don't really bother with gender tbh.
I am biologically male I know that , but I just say  i'm gender neutral with my psychological state taken into account.

hopefully that makes sense  :lol:

I get confused about Squiddy, though even though he is not transgender, he still talks about make up and cleavage and stuff? It confuses me.

The cleavage thing is a joke , it comes from how I do things like trick Razorbeard into believing i'm female  :thumbup:
As for the make up , I do occasionally wear make up but it's more of a gothic/alternative fashion thing than wanting to be teh laydee  :P

(I do openly wear nail varnishes though , it's too purty for me to avoid  :laugh:)

TL;DR

I've never understood what that stands for.  :orly:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2011, 07:27:07 AM »
         TL;DR  means  "Too long; didn't read."  It's kind of a deflating thing to say in response to any long post.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2011, 07:30:33 AM »
         TL;DR  means  "Too long; didn't read."  It's kind of a deflating thing to say in response to any long post.

Ahhhh.

Thanks Helpful weeble  :2thumbsup: :plus:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2011, 07:32:57 AM »

Ahhhh.

Thanks Helpful weeble  :2thumbsup: :plus:

You are most welcome, curious young cephalopod!   :thumbup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2011, 07:34:37 AM »
        TL;DR  means  "Too long; didn't read."  It's kind of a deflating thing to say in response to any long post.

Why would it be deflating to be graced with a useful punctuation mark? :toporly:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2011, 07:39:47 AM »
And Squiddy (not sure I'm right in including him here but I'm pretty sure he won't care) is a lot of fun. Doesn't take himself too seriously, is witty and open, and is secure enough to ignore a grumpy old man like me inadvertently stepping on sensitive toes.
And no I'm not too bothered about being mentioned here , I'm aware my gender and my behaviour can confuse people , I don't really bother with gender tbh.
I am biologically male I know that , but I just say  i'm gender neutral with my psychological state taken into account.

I get confused about Squiddy, though even though he is not transgender, he still talks about make up and cleavage and stuff? It confuses me.
The cleavage thing is a joke , it comes from how I do things like trick Razorbeard into believing i'm female  :thumbup:
As for the make up , I do occasionally wear make up but it's more of a gothic/alternative fashion thing than wanting to be teh laydee  :P

(I do openly wear nail varnishes though , it's too purty for me to avoid  :laugh:)
Ah I get it now. I was confused along with Razorbeard.

I sometimes think I am gender neutral as well. I know there are pronouns for that but I will just stay being called she.

Thanks for replying to my post. Less confused now. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2011, 07:47:47 AM »

Ah I get it now. I was confused along with Razorbeard.

I sometimes think I am gender neutral as well. I know there are pronouns for that but I will just stay being called she.

Thanks for replying to my post. Less confused now. :)

No problem , I am a bit of an enigma when it comes to gender pronouns it seems  :lol:
A fair few straight friends treat me as a female friend (more male than female) but eh , I'm not to bothered how people percieve me anymore  :P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2011, 07:51:33 AM »
Bint's post(s?) about your kids was obviously fucked up and wrong, but she's accepted that and admited that herself.

Actually she admitted it with a qualifier.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2011, 07:56:59 AM »
Bint's post(s?) about your kids was obviously fucked up and wrong, but she's accepted that and admited that herself.

What qualifier?

In this thread u mean?

I meant in general.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2011, 07:57:37 AM »
And yes--there is obviously transphobia and whatnot in society, yes, but not a whole lot of it here. Bint seems to disagree so I'm interested in any examples she cares to send my way.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2011, 08:02:57 AM »

What qualifier?

In this thread u mean?

I meant in general.

In this thread. Can't be arsed to go back and link to it, but the idea was "yes, I was wrong but since you were being an arse it's really not that bad". An before anyone reacts, I'm paraphrasing. I'm telling you how I perceived her admission, not necessarily what she meant by it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2011, 09:34:57 AM »
She did say "It doesn't excuse it I know" after mentioning how it came after abuse from Les

There's nothing I can say on that though really

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2011, 09:37:05 AM »
And yes--there is obviously transphobia and whatnot in society, yes, but not a whole lot of it here. Bint seems to disagree so I'm interested in any examples she cares to send my way.

There hasn't been much outright transphobia lately, but there has been in the past, especially from people like Scrap

Also that time when me and Les were giving each other shit. It eventually ended up with a lot of members attacking me for being trans. I can't remember exactly who said what, but it did include threads being made taking the piss out of it etc