Author Topic: Riva Ritvo/Ritvo Clinic  (Read 8559 times)

Offline kahns

• Rookie (be kind to me)
Riva Ritvo/Ritvo Clinic
« on: April 14, 2011, 01:24:36 PM »
Hi,

I am a freelance journalist looking for anybody who has had professional contact with the Ritvo Clinic in Beverly Hills or with Dr. Riva Ariella Ritvo, who appears to have advertised herself as a clinician specializing in autism and Asperger's without having had a license to practice psychology in California and - for a time - without having had the Master's or Ph.D she claimed to possess. (Here is the website for her clinic: http://www.rivaariellaritvo.net)

If you have had any professional interaction with Dr. Riva Ritvo or the Ritvo Clinic, please contact me at samkahn1@gmail.com or call at 917-622-2538.
Confidentiality assured.

Regards,
Sam

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: Riva Ritvo/Ritvo Clinic
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 01:29:42 PM »
Why are you posting this here? How did you find out about I2?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »
It's possible that a few members may have had professional interaction with Dr. Ritvo, but not in the way you'd like to hear about.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 01:43:18 PM »
the OP sounds like an ambulance chaser to me. probably represents a law firm

P7PSP

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 01:46:01 PM »
the OP sounds like an ambulance chaser to me. probably represents a law firm
:agreed: There is a stench about the post. 

Offline kahns

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 01:49:19 PM »
I don't represent a law firm. I am a freelance journalist working on an article about Riva Ritvo. I know that she's misrepresented her credentials in advertising for her clinic. I haven't been able to make contact with anyone who's actually visited her practice and wanted to try Intensity Squared for anybody who would be willing to communicate with me.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 01:53:17 PM »
I have never heard of this woman , care to tell us why you are following her so intently?  :orly:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline kahns

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 01:54:21 PM »
I'm sorry to submit a post like this. But please if you have had professional contact with Dr. Ritvo, send me an e-mail.

Offline kahns

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 02:00:54 PM »
Sure.

I stumbled across her while working on an article about her husband (Alan Slifka). In her published wedding vows, she claimed to have a Ph.D in neuroscience and a Master's degree in clinical psychology - it turned out she didn't have either one. What she did have, though, was a practice in Beverly Hills specializing in autism and Asperger's, and she had given about a dozen talks as an expert and put her name on a number of scientific papers despite having no license to practice as a psychologist in California. So I have a lot of questions about her practice and her credentials.

If there's nothing to it (if she wasn't actually seeing patients), I'll drop the story, but I wanted to put the word out and see if anybody had come across her.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 02:06:35 PM »
can you say class-action law suit against Ritvo clinic.

@ OP : can you prove who you are? you just libeled the person, doctor whatever she is.  IMO
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:09:01 PM by skyblue1 »

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 02:06:58 PM »
Sure.

I stumbled across her while working on an article about her husband (Alan Slifka). In her published wedding vows, she claimed to have a Ph.D in neuroscience and a Master's degree in clinical psychology - it turned out she didn't have either one. What she did have, though, was a practice in Beverly Hills specializing in autism and Asperger's, and she had given about a dozen talks as an expert and put her name on a number of scientific papers despite having no license to practice as a psychologist in California. So I have a lot of questions about her practice and her credentials.

If there's nothing to it (if she wasn't actually seeing patients), I'll drop the story, but I wanted to put the word out and see if anybody had come across her.

It appears she's no longer practicing, but has turned her interest to cancer after her son was diagnosed with cancer.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline kahns

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »
I am a journalist. Here are a couple of clips:

http://www.dissentmagazine.org/online.php?id=425
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/asia/100725/kyrgyzstan-uzbek-humanitarian-ngo-human-rights-watch

Neither article has anything to do with autism or Asperger's, which I've never written about before. As I said, I stumbled across this story while working on something completely different (a piece about Riva's husband). I have worked at 60 Minutes and do have familiarity with similar stories about health care service providers. 

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 02:15:50 PM »
I am a journalist. Here are a couple of clips:

http://www.dissentmagazine.org/online.php?id=425
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/asia/100725/kyrgyzstan-uzbek-humanitarian-ngo-human-rights-watch

Neither article has anything to do with autism or Asperger's, which I've never written about before. As I said, I stumbled across this story while working on something completely different (a piece about Riva's husband). I have worked at 60 Minutes and do have familiarity with similar stories about health care service providers.  

Would you care to show us your credentials?

I'm afraid this seems a little too suspicious.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline kahns

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 02:18:04 PM »
@skyblue1 it's not libel if it's true. She's not licensed as a practicing psychologist in California, contrary to claims and her website, and she doesn't have some of the degrees she's said she has.

Offline kahns

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 02:24:40 PM »
@Ink Fish
I get that it's suspicious/weird. I'm happy to tell you whatever you'd need to know about what I'm doing, but it's not more than what I've said.

I am a freelance journalist. I was looking to do a short article about Alan Slifka, who recently died, and stumbled across information about his wife, Riva, falsifying degrees. This was the first thing I found (check out the correction at the bottom: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/15/style/weddings-celebrations-riva-ritvo-alan-slifka.html) and then discovered that she didn't have a license as a psychologist but was advertising for patients and claimed to have diagnosed and treated patients with autism for over a decade. That's where I am. It's a story that seems interesting/disturbing, and I'm trying to find out more information about the clinic.