Author Topic: The right to bear arms  (Read 19226 times)

driftingblizzard

Re: The right to bear arms
« Reply #420 on: January 12, 2007, 03:54:37 PM »
You're still using the same argument, though. :laugh:

You do realize that you're the obsessed one regarding this, not me, don't you? :P

Well, I actually just feel that I have to post an answer, every time this topic comes up again. It needn't to be you that posts in it; this time it was DD and McJ bringing it up again.

:laugh:

You have a point. So you are not obsessed? :P

driftingblizzard, I remember the moon launches, too, in black & white and all. I remember watching a moon walk--could have been Aldrin--on our 14" portable TV when I was four. I wanted to be a rocket scientist, and my hero was Werner von Braun.
The part I remember most vividly is that we didn't know how it would turn out. You went to bed knowing that at that very moment, they were still hurdling through space toward the moon, and since T.V. went off the air at 11 pm, we had to wait until morning to find out if anything happened to them during the night, this went on for days until the final splash down and they were back on board the carrier.  I think I was for once too excited to be nervous about the uncertainty.   :beergrin:  Remember, I knew nothing of AS until 2 years ago.  

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #421 on: January 12, 2007, 03:59:37 PM »
Oh yes, I remember, but I think I wasn't allowed to stay up for all of the broadcasts. I missed the landing, as far as I know.

We had a flashback of the Apollo hysteria in Sweden recently, when the first Swedish astronaut, Christer Fuglesang, finally made it to space on board Discovery in December. We had live broadcasts of the launch, some of the spacewalks, and the landing, and full-page articles in every major newspaper, just about every day. I let my daughter stay up and watch it all. (My son didn't want to; he's an Aspie, too, but interested in the "wrong" things, currently.)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

driftingblizzard

« Reply #422 on: January 12, 2007, 04:04:28 PM »
I wish someone would have had a clue to AS when I was young.  Of course, back then, most things medical were still in the stone age.  But I wish I would have been more connected to the Discovery flight.  There's so much to distract on tv now, it used to be 3 channels, and sometimes the same stuff on all of them.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #423 on: January 12, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »
Yeah, I know what you mean... when I started watching TV, we only had one channel, though. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #424 on: January 12, 2007, 04:21:09 PM »
I remember back in the 70s. There were two channels, but my parents only had black and white TV. Grandma and grandpa had colour TV, though. It was always exciting visiting them and look on TV in colour. Hm, I'm from the stone age...

driftingblizzard

« Reply #425 on: January 12, 2007, 04:23:39 PM »
That's back when they made neutrons out of wood...

Litigious

« Reply #426 on: January 12, 2007, 04:25:12 PM »
 ;D

ozymandias

« Reply #427 on: January 12, 2007, 04:35:32 PM »
Well, I remember when they were made of stone, before that new fangled copper and bronze came up to screw up the order of things!

Scrapheap

« Reply #428 on: January 12, 2007, 09:38:40 PM »
Well, I remember when they were made of stone, before that new fangled copper and bronze came up to screw up the order of things!

Yeah, I remember when that happened,   I fell off my pet T-Rex and broke my stone underwear!!

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #429 on: January 13, 2007, 12:18:50 AM »
Let the bears, bear arms. I will in the end.
Guardian of the Empire

Scrapheap

« Reply #430 on: February 02, 2007, 11:15:19 PM »
We should all have the right to bear Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarms!!!  :arrr: :arrr: :arrr:

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #431 on: February 02, 2007, 11:53:01 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaarms For All of Us!!! :arrr: :ninja: :arrr: :jedi: :flamer: :arrr: :tooledup: :arrr:
Guardian of the Empire

Scrapheap

« Reply #432 on: February 03, 2007, 12:02:03 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg!!!
 :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr:  :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr: :arrr:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #433 on: February 03, 2007, 02:40:28 AM »
Didn't mummy tell you that you aren't allowed to play this far from the house?

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #434 on: February 03, 2007, 10:22:22 AM »

:agreed: + I want the gun law of Vermont being valid all over the world.  :arrr: :tooledup: :flamer: