Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84181 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5775 on: August 13, 2023, 07:50:16 PM »
There is a cricket somewhere in the kitchen

Annoying isn't it!   ::)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5776 on: August 14, 2023, 12:14:12 PM »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5777 on: August 14, 2023, 03:38:32 PM »

Annoying isn't it!   ::)

Very >:(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5778 on: August 14, 2023, 03:56:19 PM »
An old friend came back home to Indiana for a visit with his folks. I had no idea he was in town, but he found my phone # and called a couple of hours ago.

(Sounds like I need to change my number and be a little more careful in the future)

Anyway, he is welcome here, although he is not here to visit me. I still invited him to my new home.
He has lived in Costa Rica for about ten years and kept me going with fresh Costa Rican coffee for ages after he moved there.
I know I have mentioned this guy. He always built me a special miniature shipping crate to ship a couple pounds of coffee my way, but mainly to show off how his woodworking prowess was progressing.
Finger jointed boxes with sliding lids. DAMN!! He's a craftsman! He builds buildings, so most of that is not used for him daily.

I showed off my newish set up with the Lii Audio F15s and the Lii W15s in an H Frame open baffle enclosure, new (to him) Decware mono SET Zens in my new sound room. Talked a lot about the acoustical treatments I utilize and lots of whyfore and how to.
Then I had to display my new mono stack in the garage. My Mono Stack!!

Anyway, we had a great little short visit and I got to meet his beautiful wife. She has only been in Costa Rica her whole life and except for a few short trips with him to neighboring countries, she has never seen ANYTHING outside her village.

She was most amazed that everywhere you look, you can buy a car. Cars for sale everywhere!
Apparently cars are hard to come by in coastal Costa Rica?

I wished them the best and they were on their way in a bit over an hour. Short visit!!
But, he has an ailing parent and that is the reason he came back home. That part won't go well.
He is most likely here for a funeral.
 :(
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 07:12:56 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5779 on: August 14, 2023, 06:04:05 PM »

One time when I was a kid, a cricket was in the duct work. The chirping was echoing from every air vent in the house, making it really difficult to locate. My dad went around pulling off all the vent covers and finally found it using a flashlight and mirror, but it was too far into the duct for him to reach so we just had to suffer through it.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5780 on: August 14, 2023, 06:07:58 PM »
I have a memory like an elephant and one of the things that I have with my memories is the interactions with girls I had a crush/was attracted to... out of all of them except for one, they were never touchy with me. I tried seeing one time in a different position if she was that way with other people... it wasn't looking the same way I remember the touch with other people though. Though the reason I question the touchy moments she does is that I have a tendency to not forget even the smallest detail. A few times when she wasn't touchy, was when there were certain guys/individuals around. After she broke off a connection with that one guy, she started being touchy with me again...

It's nice and all.... but I'm at the point where I need to mentally rebuild my life, especially with the traumatic stuff I went through with relating to people. I started taking my faith seriously when I couldn't handle certain things by myself anymore... and so far, a lot of that is helping me as well as my therapy sessions with Pat. Pat has a way of relating to me and getting straight to the point when I am dealing with trauma-related situations... one being a stalker, the others being a paternal grandmother who was a proteinous zealot, and a maternal grandfather who whacked me with a stick too many times.

So far I'm making progress, but I got a lot more stages to go through.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5781 on: August 20, 2023, 03:58:05 PM »
Saw a Jag parked right in the middle of two parking spaces outside a supermarket, the white line emerging dead centre. I guess he really needed to do some shopping.  :lol1:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #5782 on: August 20, 2023, 07:04:11 PM »
Saw a Jag parked right in the middle of two parking spaces outside a supermarket, the white line emerging dead centre. I guess he really needed to do some shopping.  :lol1:

I guess if you drive a jaguar, that means your entitled!  Grrrrr
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5783 on: August 20, 2023, 07:09:46 PM »
It's too hot -___-

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5784 on: August 21, 2023, 03:09:38 PM »
Am I ugly? Or am I just someone viewed as "childlike"? -___-

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5785 on: August 21, 2023, 03:10:09 PM »

I get that people worry about door dings in parking lots, but whenever I see a car parked like that I wish I could also ignore the lines and park a normal distance right next to them.  :lol1: There's always been other cars in the adjacent spots, but maybe one day I'll get my chance.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5786 on: August 21, 2023, 06:50:00 PM »
If I understood the meaning of life, would I be okay with the answer or would I refine it to my own agenda?

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5787 on: August 22, 2023, 05:53:13 AM »
There was a new tax client today at work who started an Only Fans during the year (yes the earnings from that are assessable).
The poor Nepalese colleague who had the appointment with her had no idea about the world. She was wide-eyed through the whole thing lol.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5788 on: August 22, 2023, 06:09:38 PM »
There was a new tax client today at work who started an Only Fans during the year (yes the earnings from that are assessable).
The poor Nepalese colleague who had the appointment with her had no idea about the world. She was wide-eyed through the whole thing lol.

Poor dear...

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5789 on: August 26, 2023, 10:03:25 AM »

Poor dear...

Who, the Nepalese tax consultant or the only fans client? :laugh: