Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84196 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5760 on: July 25, 2023, 11:50:44 AM »
^Here, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #5761 on: July 25, 2023, 09:12:20 PM »
Road construction seems to be everywhere this summer

QFT! :plus:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5762 on: July 26, 2023, 03:28:42 PM »
I had a tech check scheduled today for the conference next week but completely managed to forget about it. I only realised my mistake two hours later when reading my email. Oops. I mailed back and said sorry more than I normally do, and the lady who got back to me was willing to do the check right away. So I did, and she was so nice about it. I had utterly wasted her time, earlier, but she was either very good or very honest. I can't tell the difference.

Tech check went swimmingly. Looks like I'm in good shape. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5763 on: July 26, 2023, 04:51:05 PM »
If I take my medication now, I wouldn't have to worry later... I'll take the meds later, then again.... right now is more acceptable

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5764 on: July 27, 2023, 07:33:10 PM »
Has anyone else been up early enough to enjoy the Perseid Meteor Shower? Forgot to mention this earlier. Kind of distracted with Mom's call.

Not sure about other perspectives, but here it peaks just before 5AM and goes strong until washed out by the sunrise.
Today was the first day in a couple of weeks that it was not overcast and we got a clear view this morning.

Too many to count!
I'll try it again in the morning. It's awesome!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5765 on: July 27, 2023, 09:34:37 PM »
 But, HEY!!

There may not be a UPS strike after all.

So far a tentative agreement has been reached. 

The old "near retirement" workers which originally were going to be offered favorable retirement terms, were again thrown under the bus in favor of the new hirees (most of them wearing ankle bracelets from the State Corrections office).
They get a pay increase to $18 to start and the elders get a two dollar raise over two years.

SO the Union buckled their knees and Blinked while the corporate giant had their way.

But, no strike, so life as usual for us, maybe.

I was really hoping the elder, tenured thing would go through so my wife could just take it how ever it is and stay home with us.
We could make it work!  With a few of my investments cashed in (Shit, I even sold my fucking hotrod!!!), we almost have this new home paid off. We can make it work. But, she is determined to get every penny she was promised, even if it kills her, damnit!

There's that barbaric Hun raider in her coming out.
I love that part of her, but I can not control or even channel it toward my perception of our future.

I mean, Hell, guys, I probably have three to five years maybe more if I am lucky and I want to spend them being with her.
Sure. my shop is fun, massive collection of media, fish and steaks in the freezer, more money than we have ever had to do what we want, but none of that means shit without her. HERE, now.

I was really looking forward to the possibility that she might be able to retire within the coming months.

BUT, NO STRIKE THEY SAY!!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 10:00:02 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5766 on: July 29, 2023, 03:25:00 PM »
 :roar: Fraud? Oy Vey  -__-

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5767 on: July 29, 2023, 05:06:19 PM »
Are you commenting upon my previous post?

It does seem like some fraud was pulled out of any possibilty to gain for the elder, near retirement workers.

My wife can do anything in that UPS hub, even manage better than some of the bitchbiscuited (hair bunned), soy latte sipping boys who pass as HER bosses who spend most of thier clock time dicking around on their cell phones and laughing, if not smoking dope out in the idle trucks she has to align for the next day.
She has been sent on overnight trips driving a semi to another hub and back overnight AFTER working a shift. This is actually illegal and she could have an accident due to fatigue behind the wheel.

Sixty year old workers should not be sent on a second shift after working a full shift already. They get away with it because the pay grades and the job descriptions are both different. She qualifies for both, but would prefer to do either or, but not both!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 05:10:16 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5768 on: July 30, 2023, 02:15:03 PM »
I'm not going to get my hopes up... :-/

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5769 on: July 30, 2023, 03:37:18 PM »
The ratification process for the agreement begins Aug 3 and every union member is urged to vote.

There is one thing that is most important to me. Even if my full time working wife did not get a raise, fine, but they did not reduce insurance (yet, it seems).  As long as the insurance is maintained as is, we should be fine.

The insurance is a strong reason many people work there.  She has lawyers, accountants and top paid welders (along with some low life scum like drug dealers) who work there just for the insurance.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5770 on: July 30, 2023, 05:52:03 PM »
This wee little girlie dog won't leave me alone... I'm dog sitting for my friend until Thursday, and while he is gone... Mom and I are watching Dolly for him.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5771 on: July 31, 2023, 04:22:18 PM »
Someones building a house by the beach that requires a pile driver,  been hearing the thumping of it since I got home around lunch time
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5772 on: July 31, 2023, 06:43:29 PM »
"Kill the Globalists!"