Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84178 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5535 on: February 23, 2023, 02:04:24 PM »
Well, I guess the telephone scammers have a new gimmick.  Normally, I don't answer calls with an unknown number and I let it go to voice mail.  My reasoning is, if it is important, they will leave a message and I will promptly get back to them.  But, they never do.  Now it's calling me with a "restricted" ID or private number.......do they leave a message.........nope.  Oh well, adios M'fer.   :yawn:

I put a filter up for the calls that are labeled as unlisted, and restricted only because my "stalker" has/had the tendency to call me with an unlisted number... do I regret doing that? Nope... was it necessary? Yeah, because she's psycho troll.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that my daughters paranoid psycho-narcissist ex-boyfriend is calling to harass me.  He's done it before since he blames me for screwing up his "gravy train" of having access to a car, a driver and the money that he thought he might connive out of us.  Fortunately, my daughter had more backbone than he anticipated.   :green:

Is he also a frequent flyer to the ER?

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5536 on: February 23, 2023, 03:44:17 PM »
Well, I guess the telephone scammers have a new gimmick.  Normally, I don't answer calls with an unknown number and I let it go to voice mail.  My reasoning is, if it is important, they will leave a message and I will promptly get back to them.  But, they never do.  Now it's calling me with a "restricted" ID or private number.......do they leave a message.........nope.  Oh well, adios M'fer.   :yawn:

I put a filter up for the calls that are labeled as unlisted, and restricted only because my "stalker" has/had the tendency to call me with an unlisted number... do I regret doing that? Nope... was it necessary? Yeah, because she's psycho troll.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that my daughters paranoid psycho-narcissist ex-boyfriend is calling to harass me.  He's done it before since he blames me for screwing up his "gravy train" of having access to a car, a driver and the money that he thought he might connive out of us.  Fortunately, my daughter had more backbone than he anticipated.   :green:

Bad idea to meet one of your future exes in the ER.... worse than that, the Nurses Office in middle school...

DAMN IT I SAID TOO MUCH!!!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #5537 on: February 23, 2023, 08:29:01 PM »

Bad idea to meet one of your future exes in the ER.... worse than that, the Nurses Office in middle school...

DAMN IT I SAID TOO MUCH!!!

No, you didn't.  I have no idea if he is a frequent flyer to the ER.  Since he is so paranoid and would hate to give out any personal info to the staff. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5538 on: February 23, 2023, 08:36:56 PM »
Well, I decided to call the pesty number back after googling it.  Turns out it is a number from Butte Montana.....and when I called it the a'hole answered is this Mrs. D......and they identified themselves as a some sort of tribal charity.  A charity that my wife does not give to, nor has she ever given my number to any other charity.  Without giving out any info I said that this is not her number and to please remove my number.   ::)  Anyway they are now blocked.  The google info told me a lot, they are 100% spam callers pretending to be a "charity". For a non-existent indigenous native american tribe.     ::)  I hate people.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5539 on: February 25, 2023, 03:49:19 PM »
It's officially pollen season because the oak trees out back are dropping those pollen thingys all over the yard. They stick to the dog and end up in the house on the floor. The robovac runs everyday but that's not good enough right now. I prefer to clean on Saturday so I don't have to do anything during the week, so I'm not doing it. Sugarbutt has been really sweet to do some extra vacuuming. :heart:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5540 on: February 25, 2023, 04:34:31 PM »
I try to have fun with the scam callers because no one else calls my phone.

Used to do it all the time with the "Windows support" callers. Getting rid of the land line also got rid of those, and while I still do get people who want to sell me subscriptions and the like, there's rarely any fun to be had.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5541 on: February 25, 2023, 04:44:50 PM »
There's a Brit dog trainer, Graeme Hall, who's been on the telly lately when I've flipped through the channels. The show itself is fairly shit because it's narrated by an insufferable woman whose idea of the job is to offer predictable commentary with lame jokes and because it's edited by morons who seem to keep only the cuts that advance the story the least, but Mr Hall does seem to know what he's talking about.

I've tested some of his ideas while walking the dog. They do work, but the caveat is always that you need to understand what the idiot editor cut from the show.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #5542 on: February 25, 2023, 04:49:56 PM »
I used to enjoy Cesar Millan, he was pretty good.

What’s the programme called?
:dog:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5543 on: February 25, 2023, 04:51:25 PM »
I used to enjoy Cesar Millan, he was pretty good.

What’s the programme called?

Thinking "Dogs Behaving Very Badly"

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5544 on: March 07, 2023, 10:21:28 AM »
The Christmas cactus, aka, the "I'll bloom any damn time I want Cactus", has been blooming this winter since last Thanksgiving.  Every time I look I see a new bud appearing.  Certainly living up to it's alias quite nicely.  8)

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5545 on: March 07, 2023, 02:02:39 PM »
I don't understand how they're saying January 6th was a lie when we all saw it happen.

Is the testimony of those capital officers not creditable? Did Howley or whatever the hell his name is lifted his fist for nothing?

WTF?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5546 on: March 08, 2023, 04:51:39 PM »
I saw a car driving though an almost empty parking lot hit a light pole with it's front tire. :tard:  The tire was at a 45 degree angle to the ground with the guy looking at it when I drove by,  at least he didn't hit it with his bumper and set off the airbags
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5547 on: March 09, 2023, 03:28:45 PM »
Dad thinks I'm being sensible by not eating Mcdonald's fries at McD's when he and I were hanging out...

Thanks?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5548 on: March 09, 2023, 03:34:27 PM »
I don't understand how they're saying January 6th was a lie when we all saw it happen.

Is the testimony of those capital officers not creditable? Did Howley or whatever the hell his name is lifted his fist for nothing?

WTF?

Tucker Carlson lies knowingly and without remorse. Read his texts.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5549 on: March 09, 2023, 03:35:07 PM »
Winter is back. Lots of snow and more to come.

- Albert Einstein