Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84212 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5520 on: February 22, 2023, 06:12:58 AM »
Well, the other two partners bought back his share of the firm before xmas (after two years of them failing to get finance to do so) and he was supposed to stay on as a contractor, but they got nasty and decided not to pay him for his services.

So naturally, he's walked out and they'll be hearing from his solicitor  :P

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #5521 on: February 22, 2023, 07:11:05 AM »
Damn. I’d be pissed off and walk out too.
:dog:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5522 on: February 22, 2023, 12:58:07 PM »
Lawyers.  :dunno: Can't they all just get along?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #5523 on: February 22, 2023, 02:15:24 PM »
Well, I guess the telephone scammers have a new gimmick.  Normally, I don't answer calls with an unknown number and I let it go to voice mail.  My reasoning is, if it is important, they will leave a message and I will promptly get back to them.  But, they never do.  Now it's calling me with a "restricted" ID or private number.......do they leave a message.........nope.  Oh well, adios M'fer.   :yawn:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5524 on: February 22, 2023, 02:39:38 PM »
Well, I guess the telephone scammers have a new gimmick.  Normally, I don't answer calls with an unknown number and I let it go to voice mail.  My reasoning is, if it is important, they will leave a message and I will promptly get back to them.  But, they never do.  Now it's calling me with a "restricted" ID or private number.......do they leave a message.........nope.  Oh well, adios M'fer.   :yawn:

I put a filter up for the calls that are labeled as unlisted, and restricted only because my "stalker" has/had the tendency to call me with an unlisted number... do I regret doing that? Nope... was it necessary? Yeah, because she's psycho troll.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5525 on: February 22, 2023, 02:58:38 PM »
Lawyers.  :dunno: Can't they all just get along?

Lawyers get along just fine. Money helps.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5526 on: February 22, 2023, 03:22:05 PM »
Power out due to truck knocking down a transformer today a block from where I was working
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5527 on: February 22, 2023, 03:43:18 PM »
I'm literally bored... reasons why? Unknown... The group meeting is tonight, so that should be fun... right?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5528 on: February 22, 2023, 05:48:54 PM »

I put a filter up for the calls that are labeled as unlisted, and restricted only because my "stalker" has/had the tendency to call me with an unlisted number... do I regret doing that? Nope... was it necessary? Yeah, because she's psycho troll.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that my daughters paranoid psycho-narcissist ex-boyfriend is calling to harass me.  He's done it before since he blames me for screwing up his "gravy train" of having access to a car, a driver and the money that he thought he might connive out of us.  Fortunately, my daughter had more backbone than he anticipated.   :green:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5529 on: February 22, 2023, 08:56:04 PM »
I try to have fun with the scam callers because no one else calls my phone.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5530 on: February 23, 2023, 06:37:18 AM »

I usually answer in Spanish, with an aggressive tone.
On occasion they switch to a Spanish speaking attendant and ask if they have reached the number they dialed. Lily Tomlin skits come to mind.
"Have I reached the number which I am calling?"

I usually ask if their Mother knows what you are doing.

The Matriarch is a profound influence in Latin American family structure. That sets them back some, but I then ask if they even know who their grandfather is. Two of the most devastating insults I can offer to these assholes.

Now, understand that it has been thirty years since I lived in south Texas and had need to use educated and respectable grammar, instead of straight up "pocho," so my Spanish has suffered from lack of use these days, but I can still annoy the callers and impress the local Mexican market place keepers by speaking to them about mundane daily things in their native language with fine aplomb.

I can have a lot of "fun" with telemarketers by bringing to talk back around to what their Mother would think of what they are doing to people.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 06:40:17 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5531 on: February 23, 2023, 06:44:25 AM »
I'll sometimes go into "are you proud of the job you are doing? is your family proud? is this what you want to do for the rest of your life?"

I'm gonna share some of my depression with others

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5532 on: February 23, 2023, 09:21:14 AM »

Most of the time the voice was a computer voice and that obviously was no fun.    :yawn:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5533 on: February 23, 2023, 09:44:28 AM »
I'll sometimes go into "are you proud of the job you are doing? is your family proud? is this what you want to do for the rest of your life?"

I'm gonna share some of my depression with others

That is along the lines with my idea for shaming the bastards gently.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5534 on: February 23, 2023, 10:19:01 AM »

So tired of following a youtube link in good faith and getting to one of those idiots who slaps at the camera to ramp up the lameness of their content with some kind of surprise visual.

NOPE! You suck! I don't care what you can offer, quit doing that bullshit.
 :wanker: