Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84199 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5205 on: July 02, 2022, 09:08:03 PM »
What's a lush?

I once lost my wallet like that but when I went back it was gone for good. There wasn't much in the the way of cash but I had to cancel all my cards, etc. Huge inconvenience. Very glad you got yours back. :)

A lush is a drunk or something like that.  Yeah, I had horrors about getting new credit and debit cards and a new Drivers license.  Which can be a whole other level of nightmare in my state.  I got lucky.

"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5206 on: July 02, 2022, 09:14:57 PM »
Well you deserve to be a lush after that ordeal!

I once lost my phone on the train. It fell out of my pocket. I was in the city and so the first thing I did was go to the phone shop and cancel my SIM card. It was my first smartphone and I couldn't afford another one so I had to make do with my old regular phone for ages afterwards.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5207 on: July 02, 2022, 09:43:53 PM »
Ah, yes. Happy fourth.

Yeah, we are the ungrateful colonists who once said, "NO!"  and made it fucking stick.
We had to remind those horrible mother fuckers what NO meant more than once, though. Assholes just did not seem to get it. NO! means NO!

I can sometimes hear some fireworks in the far off distance if I go outside. Only hear some of the largest ones, but not many.
Where we used to live closer to city center there were always lots of fireworks at all hours during patriotic holidays.
Fucking rednecks spend two or three months mortgage on beer, bang and pop for a couple of nights. Then what do you have? A hangover, your ears ring and you're broke.

Out here where we live now, you have to go outside to hear much more than one big one far away every hour or so.
It's quiet here. I love it!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 10:10:49 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5208 on: July 02, 2022, 10:30:11 PM »
Feeling grateful for some honest people!  I went to the store and used the robo-cashiers as I only had one item.  Did my debit card and left...............with the item, but, my wallet was left on the robo-cashier.  Didn't realize it until I got home.  In full panic mode, I drove very quickly back to the store hoping against hope that someone turned it in.  Yes, I was screaming and wailing in my car.  Got to the store and ran in to customer service right next to the robo-cashier.  And as soon as the words left my mouth....."has anyone turned in a wallet, the young clerk went to his drawer and produced my wallet.  I offered him a reward, but, he declined as somebody else turned it in to him.  I thanked him profusely and wished him a great day.  My brain has been in senility mode today, BIG TIME.  Panic recedes, got home, put the car in the garage and spent an hour painting the garage as a form of meditation and now feeling better after rest and brandy.  Yeah, I know I'm a lush, but, I deserve it!   :headbang2:

This is the best news I have heard all week!

I still hold my hope for this world because of a few like this. I think we will win, if we can hold out.
I'm glad it worked out for you.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5209 on: July 03, 2022, 11:49:35 AM »
Well you deserve to be a lush after that ordeal!

I once lost my phone on the train. It fell out of my pocket. I was in the city and so the first thing I did was go to the phone shop and cancel my SIM card. It was my first smartphone and I couldn't afford another one so I had to make do with my old regular phone for ages afterwards.

Thanks!  And an OUCH on your phone!  I am paranoid about that myself.  I refuse to wear it in the back pocket of my pants, as I see so many people do.  At work, I keep it in a pouch that I wear on my belt.  When wearing my usual sweatpants or shorts, I keep it in the front pocket so I can feel it's presence. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5210 on: July 03, 2022, 06:20:56 PM »
Not nearly as many fireworks going off as there were in past years
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5211 on: July 03, 2022, 07:35:32 PM »

It's a full pop and boomer out there tonight!    >:(

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5212 on: July 04, 2022, 05:16:45 AM »
One of our neighbors put on a little five minute show last night as the sky darkened.
He said he has a few more for today.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5213 on: July 04, 2022, 06:25:57 AM »

It's been quiet here too. There was a little noise but none of it sounded close. I don't think any have gone off in the neighborhood. That may change tonight, but I expected it to be noisy all weekend with the holiday falling on a Monday.  :dunno: Then again Sugarbutt and I are getting old and neither of our hearing is so good anymore.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5214 on: July 04, 2022, 11:50:23 PM »
I heard a little bunch of poppers nearby and just figured if they're spending the money on noise makers, I'll go look for something shiny.  Kind of nice out, so I set the sprinklers going to freshen the air a bit. I mean Hell it's been hot today, but cooling at sundown.

It was about dark when the big boomers started from the city display. They have moved their efforts from the roof of the High School to a park recently built for concerts (I did not attend tonight).
We are in the perfect place! about a mile away.
We had a "balcony level" view of the entire hour long show. It was a sight!
Bathroon and fresh ice fifty feet away, comfortable chair, side table, fresh air, breeze, NO DRIVING!!  terrified little doggy to comfort (she's a talker, barks at the big ones and then seeks my approval, she's adorable!), but she trusts me now to save her from all this nonsense.
Full tummy from the grilling we did earlier, no having a hand in any of fighting a crowd. We just sat out and enjoyed the show. Held my wife's hand for a bit loving our new situation.
I had not even imagined that this little perk came with this new home.

It started to sprinkle as the show was done. Still dropping some, but not enough to be enough.

Great day!! Happy Independence Day, everyone!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 01:20:05 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5215 on: July 05, 2022, 05:47:54 AM »
Its been a long time between drinks (like a decade now) but...

I'm finally hated by someone again!! :roses:

Apparently she flies into a jealous mood swing at the very mention of my name.
She's jealous of crush boi's cat getting more attention than her too, like, its a cat dude. How immature of a friend do you want to be.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5216 on: July 10, 2022, 05:21:45 AM »
Midsommar is now on Stan. Seems weird watching the non-directors cut version.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5217 on: July 10, 2022, 05:27:47 AM »
Ok, Stan have apparently made a few cuts to the movie themselves :finger:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here