Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84185 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5190 on: June 27, 2022, 09:25:04 AM »
There was a farm stand on a trailer selling veggies outside the offices at an industrial park where I pick up supplies evidently they go there every Monday
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5191 on: June 27, 2022, 10:32:04 PM »
Don't see those much these days. I love supporting local truck farms. I usually stop and buy something when I see one.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5192 on: June 28, 2022, 02:58:36 PM »
I just this morning discovered that we have an oriole nest tucked into one of our security light fixtures.
I saw the nest a few days ago, but I have had a look at the parents. Orioles are really pretty!

I have turned the light off so it won't disturb the nesters. Old house we had no orioles anywhere, except for the seldom seen pass through. They were always run off by other birds who lived there.

This is cool!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5193 on: June 30, 2022, 02:44:08 PM »
I'm not used to my boss wearing Red...

Usually, when you're wearing Red it's to symbolize something... or the fact that you're easily wanting to piss off a Bull.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #5194 on: June 30, 2022, 04:25:00 PM »
 :LOL:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5195 on: June 30, 2022, 06:14:18 PM »
Not as many fireworks going off around here as there were in years past this close to the fourth of July

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5196 on: July 01, 2022, 10:45:33 AM »
Out and about during lunch. In the city centre for the first time in a while. It felt like it had been years, because there were buildings I could swear I hadn't seen before.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5197 on: July 01, 2022, 11:19:23 AM »
The traffic is it's normal clogging self on the highway heading north to the Mountains.  Large campers, aka, "war wagons" galore! Just a typical long summer weekend in NH.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5198 on: July 01, 2022, 06:32:07 PM »
Traffic was shitty around here too

George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5199 on: July 01, 2022, 07:46:21 PM »
Traffic was shitty around here too

Considering where you are, they are probably headed in multiple directions.  Here in the seacoast NH area, it's usually straight north to the White Mountains or the Lakes Region.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5200 on: July 01, 2022, 07:47:50 PM »
Incessant fireworks tonight and that will be the recurring theme for the rest of the long weekend.   >:(

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5201 on: July 02, 2022, 02:24:30 PM »
Ah, yes. Happy fourth.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5202 on: July 02, 2022, 02:54:18 PM »
Ah, yes. Happy fourth.

Not so much happy as bemused at the insanity of the human race at this time of year.  At least the "human" race in the USA.   :facepalm2:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5203 on: July 02, 2022, 03:03:50 PM »
Feeling grateful for some honest people!  I went to the store and used the robo-cashiers as I only had one item.  Did my debit card and left...............with the item, but, my wallet was left on the robo-cashier.  Didn't realize it until I got home.  In full panic mode, I drove very quickly back to the store hoping against hope that someone turned it in.  Yes, I was screaming and wailing in my car.  Got to the store and ran in to customer service right next to the robo-cashier.  And as soon as the words left my mouth....."has anyone turned in a wallet, the young clerk went to his drawer and produced my wallet.  I offered him a reward, but, he declined as somebody else turned it in to him.  I thanked him profusely and wished him a great day.  My brain has been in senility mode today, BIG TIME.  Panic recedes, got home, put the car in the garage and spent an hour painting the garage as a form of meditation and now feeling better after rest and brandy.  Yeah, I know I'm a lush, but, I deserve it!   :headbang2:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5204 on: July 02, 2022, 08:45:18 PM »
What's a lush?

I once lost my wallet like that but when I went back it was gone for good. There wasn't much in the the way of cash but I had to cancel all my cards, etc. Huge inconvenience. Very glad you got yours back. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae