Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84223 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #5010 on: March 01, 2022, 07:31:28 PM »
I'm still going to wear my mask until I see the results otherwise, I don't care if John Q. Public or Karen McBlabbyblab gets huffy at me about it... because anyways that old bat can screw off.

I doubt there will ever be any results against wearing masks. I think it was proven a long time ago, masks are helpful against spreading germs from respiratory excretions in general and that's why surgeons have worn them for a hundred years. There hasn't been a mandate here for a long time but most people still wore them and stores had signs suggesting or requesting them. I'm still going to wear mine too, but I've noticed masks seemed to have carried a message, and that message has changed as mask recommendations have changed. During the mandates it just meant being a law abiding citizen, then after the mandate the message was someone cared about not getting sick, then the message changed to identify someone who isn't vaccinated, then the message changed again to someone who many or may not be vaccinated but cared about not making other people sick. I can't help but wonder what message a mask is sending now, for the seemingly few still wearing them.  :dunno:

That the anti-maskers are the biggest idiots of all?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5011 on: March 02, 2022, 07:20:13 PM »
My favorite V-dub mod:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5012 on: March 02, 2022, 07:47:53 PM »
All time best snowman:

Only problem is that his bowl is not full of lasagna. It looks like brains. :)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #5013 on: March 03, 2022, 04:18:42 AM »
I'm still going to wear my mask until I see the results otherwise, I don't care if John Q. Public or Karen McBlabbyblab gets huffy at me about it... because anyways that old bat can screw off.

I doubt there will ever be any results against wearing masks. I think it was proven a long time ago, masks are helpful against spreading germs from respiratory excretions in general and that's why surgeons have worn them for a hundred years. There hasn't been a mandate here for a long time but most people still wore them and stores had signs suggesting or requesting them. I'm still going to wear mine too, but I've noticed masks seemed to have carried a message, and that message has changed as mask recommendations have changed. During the mandates it just meant being a law abiding citizen, then after the mandate the message was someone cared about not getting sick, then the message changed to identify someone who isn't vaccinated, then the message changed again to someone who many or may not be vaccinated but cared about not making other people sick. I can't help but wonder what message a mask is sending now, for the seemingly few still wearing them.  :dunno:

Right now it might just say I don't realize things have changed again. I looked it up and it actually is all of a sudden because the CDC changed their recommendations again.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5014 on: March 03, 2022, 12:57:56 PM »
My favorite V-dub mod:

That is totally awesome.  8) Makes me want one again.

Half the fun was modding them.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5015 on: March 03, 2022, 06:18:32 PM »

I've been watching one for about five years around the corner from where we used to live. I want one to play with.
But this guy will never sell it!

Not that I am bored with my Chevelle project, but, except for popping in to start it a few times over the winter, I have not even driven it in months.
 :bigcry:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5016 on: March 04, 2022, 09:11:09 AM »

I've been watching one for about five years around the corner from where we used to live. I want one to play with.
But this guy will never sell it!

Not that I am bored with my Chevelle project, but, except for popping in to start it a few times over the winter, I have not even driven it in months.
 :bigcry:

Miss mine.

Not that I'm lacking for projects though :laugh:. Hubby believes automatics should be able to shift on the fly :zombiefuck:...he was taking my F150 hunting for a few months. It's slipping like hell now.

He broke a lot of stupid shit in his RAV4, and has moved on to the Cadillac. I can fix the RAV4 and if I'm quiet about it I could get a year or two with it until he either fixes the truck or kills the Cadillac.  :lol1:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5017 on: March 04, 2022, 02:03:36 PM »
We men tend to break things we play with. It's a Mars thing, I think.  As you know, March, named in his honor millinea ago, has only just started. More breaking will happen, soon.  :lol1:

Not really lacking for projects myself. I have my own music room in our new home!!  I intend to address the varied acoustical issues and make it my best sounding music room ever. Not just with awesome gear I own, but the actual ROOM itself is going to improve how the gear interacts with the room. Kind of focused there at present.

I go over to my storage building every week to start up my Chevelle, keep oil flowing, battery charged and it never fails ... some kid comes over with his mouth open, eyes bugged out, jaw dropped and yet still trying to talk to ask WTF that sound is. Well, it's a bored and stroked SS 396 with inch and a quarter header pipes leading into 3 inch pipes hampered some by BIG diesel truck mufflers, leading to twin three inch outlets, cleverly installed to be completely out of sight. Looks almost stock, but she's NOT. She makes a unique sound that I truly love.
Some of these youngsters are almost able to talk right after getting a closer look.
It is always funny. I'm sure I was the same at that age.

I mean tooling around in Mom's Prius or Civic when you could actually have fun with a car? No brainer to me, but it took large coin to sign up for this club.
Something more to live (and WORK) toward for those inclined.

I can't wait for the weather to turn!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 02:25:48 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #5018 on: March 04, 2022, 09:05:22 PM »

Right now it might just say I don't realize things have changed again. I looked it up and it actually is all of a sudden because the CDC changed their recommendations again.  :dunno:

:'(

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #5019 on: March 05, 2022, 12:45:37 PM »
We men tend to break things we play with. It's a Mars thing, I think.  As you know, March, named in his honor millinea ago, has only just started. More breaking will happen, soon.  :lol1:

Not really lacking for projects myself. I have my own music room in our new home!!  I intend to address the varied acoustical issues and make it my best sounding music room ever. Not just with awesome gear I own, but the actual ROOM itself is going to improve how the gear interacts with the room. Kind of focused there at present.

I go over to my storage building every week to start up my Chevelle, keep oil flowing, battery charged and it never fails ... some kid comes over with his mouth open, eyes bugged out, jaw dropped and yet still trying to talk to ask WTF that sound is. Well, it's a bored and stroked SS 396 with inch and a quarter header pipes leading into 3 inch pipes hampered some by BIG diesel truck mufflers, leading to twin three inch outlets, cleverly installed to be completely out of sight. Looks almost stock, but she's NOT. She makes a unique sound that I truly love.
Some of these youngsters are almost able to talk right after getting a closer look.
It is always funny. I'm sure I was the same at that age.

I mean tooling around in Mom's Prius or Civic when you could actually have fun with a car? No brainer to me, but it took large coin to sign up for this club.
Something more to live (and WORK) toward for those inclined.

I can't wait for the weather to turn!

Yeah, it used to upset me sometimes, but it's his nature...so I'm like..meh..anymore.

Hubby had a 69 Chevelle with a built out 396 when I met him. Red with the black stripes. That rumble is music to my ears. 

His mother talked him into selling it for a "more sensible/dependable" new Chevy Cavalier at the time, this was before we were dating...he pulled up to the store in the Cavalier and I was just like...WTF did you do?  :facepalm2: His dad and him went half on a low, low mileage 66 Dodge Charger w/383 V8 a month later, went on our first date in it and had to come home early, mice had chewed the wiring to the headlights in the grill and they wouldn't flip open.

He ended up trading in the Cavalier after only two years...the more he drove it the more he hated it...we were living together by then...brought home a red Nissan 4x4 stick. His mother went nuclear on us both...him for buying it, and me for saying it's your money get WTF want. :laugh:

That truck was a blast.  :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5020 on: March 07, 2022, 04:08:46 PM »
Saw that new electric Mustang on the motorway today. Horrible-looking thing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5021 on: March 15, 2022, 08:43:15 AM »
Jelly bean has picked up a new odd behavior,  hanging out between the inner and outer shower curtain and watching you take a shower
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5022 on: March 16, 2022, 12:53:26 PM »
They've set up a temporary traffic light to bring order to the bridge over the railway. 
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5023 on: March 17, 2022, 09:42:19 AM »
The peeping frogs are out in full force at the park
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Online renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5024 on: March 17, 2022, 07:32:01 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of this: people sitting in their cars with the motor running, looking down at their phones. Petrol costs a phenomenal amount lately, yet yesterday I saw two lots of people doing this. One at the work car park and the other at Aldi. How can they afford it!

Another one: kids being left in the car with the motor running and presumably, the air conditioning on. I think that's kind of dangerous.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae