Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84175 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #4305 on: August 04, 2020, 02:12:52 AM »
Dad got admitted into the hospital... only this time, I don't know how to feel about it... because ever since I could remember since being back from Pakistan in 1995, there was always those times Dad was admitted and somehow I just accepted that he was always going to have these problems... no matter if it was health or psychological .___.

I hope he's all right.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4306 on: August 04, 2020, 07:40:15 AM »
Just got a LinkedIn contact message from a recruiter trying to hire me for the company I already work for. (Yes it's listed.)  :LOL:

Ask for more pay. :P

They also want me to relocate across the Atlantic... otherwise I might be temped.  :P

Haven't decided how sarcastic to be in my respone that says I already work closely with the group they were telling me about to recruit me to.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4307 on: August 04, 2020, 08:52:40 AM »
Dad got admitted into the hospital... only this time, I don't know how to feel about it... because ever since I could remember since being back from Pakistan in 1995, there was always those times Dad was admitted and somehow I just accepted that he was always going to have these problems... no matter if it was health or psychological .___.
:hug:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4308 on: August 04, 2020, 02:38:00 PM »
Just got a LinkedIn contact message from a recruiter trying to hire me for the company I already work for. (Yes it's listed.)  :LOL:

They also want me to relocate across the Atlantic... otherwise I might be temped.  :P

Haven't decided how sarcastic to be in my respone that says I already work closely with the group they were telling me about to recruit me to.

Recruiters aren't the brightest lot and obviously have trouble reading, but it sometimes pays off to be nice.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4309 on: August 04, 2020, 09:16:31 PM »
Our numbers are down, too, but that's because of all the social distancing measures.

Everyone cooperating toward this goal may be our last hope.
Unfortunately, some of this is reality life. Lots of folk won't even wear masks.

*impersonating covidiot redneck*
Ah, live in a fray cuntree. You kain't tell me whut ta doo. Ain't 'frade o' no beer flu anyway.

News came down today of an agreement between opposing factions here near us.
They are running the Indianapolis 500 with no fans in the stands. :'(

Probably a good idea.
:puke:
There, I said it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4310 on: August 04, 2020, 09:18:24 PM »

Time to negotiate a raise!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4311 on: August 04, 2020, 09:19:39 PM »

OOOPS, I see you beat me to the essence.

Yeah, be nice Pyraxis, but maybe offer a compliment for recognizing talent, just to keep things smoldering.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 09:22:38 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #4312 on: August 05, 2020, 12:19:38 AM »
Our numbers are down, too, but that's because of all the social distancing measures.

Everyone cooperating toward this goal may be our last hope.
Unfortunately, some of this is reality life. Lots of folk won't even wear masks.

Most people don't need to wear masks, asymptomatic transmission is extremely rare. If you have symptoms, wear a mask. If you're around infected people, wear an N95 mask.

*impersonating covidiot redneck*
Ah, live in a fray cuntree. You kain't tell me whut ta doo. Ain't 'frade o' no beer flu anyway.

People living in rural areas are much less susceptible. I'm in a county of 200K people with inly 400 cases and 1 "covid" death.

News came down today of an agreement between opposing factions here near us.
They are running the Indianapolis 500 with no fans in the stands. :'(

The NHRA is doing the same thing with the US Nationals. Hard to say if it will make a difference or not.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4313 on: August 05, 2020, 01:57:37 AM »
^It's basically the other way around, Scrap. The masks mainly protect others, not the wearer, if WHO and others are to be believed.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4314 on: August 05, 2020, 04:25:09 PM »

I don't have the palate for a "hook, line and sinker" gobble of any of what has tumbled out of the CDC, WHO, the many and varied university dominions who all feel they can wield license over a concern because they tried to hack at a double blind study related to the issue.

I want to see some firm consistency and/or unity between the authorities and dependable logic in place to help everyone navigate this tangled mess better on their own.

... and soon, please.
 :headhurts:

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #4315 on: August 05, 2020, 08:25:00 PM »

I hope he's all right.

I hope so too... I just hate it when he is like this

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4316 on: August 07, 2020, 04:27:02 PM »

One of the buddies I worked with during my photography stint had MS. He was often near collapse, trying to buffalo through the day. It seemed random until it became almost constant.
He woke up in the hospital sometimes; recently quite often, until this morning when he didn't.
We stayed in touch, but not like barbecue on the weekends or anything. We used to bike together for a couple of years, but for about a year he has been too weak.
MS does some ugly things to people.

On a brighter note, one of my night watch/neighbor buddies has been talking about retiring from his day job for over a year and today he did so. What I did not know was that he was a kind of local celebrity to the next county over where he worked. He is a couple of years older than I am, but he had been with the hospital system for FORTY (fucking) years.
In fact, I found out after seeing him on the early local news that he was The First fully trained EMT in the county.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4317 on: August 07, 2020, 04:30:28 PM »

Good luck with your dad, Genesis.

*offers manly hug ... bump shoulders and slap very high on the back, twice, but no more than twice*

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4318 on: August 07, 2020, 05:19:21 PM »
My evening drives with the dog through the countryside are now my favourite time of the day. Windows down, music up, very little traffic.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4319 on: August 07, 2020, 07:08:48 PM »
^It's basically the other way around, Scrap. The masks mainly protect others, not the wearer, if WHO and others are to be believed.

To be fair to Scrap, what you said was actually implicit in his post if you think about it:

Most people don't need to wear masks, asymptomatic transmission is extremely rare. If you have symptoms, wear a mask. If you're around infected people, wear an N95 mask.

N95 respirators and surgical masks are examples of personal protective equipment that are used to protect the wearer from airborne particles and from liquid contaminating the face.
ttps://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/n95-respirators-surgical-masks-and-face-masks

In this instance at least, Scrap evidently knows his shit.